• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    What's the best nature for Rayquaza? I'm getting close to catching it so I'd like to know what Synchronize Pokémon to bring.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    What's the best nature for Rayquaza? I'm getting close to catching it so I'd like to know what Synchronize Pokémon to bring.

Naive for mixed sets, Jolly for pure physical ones. Before you ask what sets are good for Rayquaza, here they are:
    -Draco Meteor
    -Dragon Ascent
    -Fire Blast/Earthquake
    -Extreme Speed/Earthquake
    Nature: Naive
    EVs: 252 Atk/40 SAtk/216 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

or
    -Swords Dance
    -Dragon Ascent
    -Earthquake
    -Extreme Speed/Dragon Dance
    Nature: Jolly/Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    What are the best natures for the following Pokémon (and if there are multiple natures for different sets, please say them)?:
    Spoiler:

Thanks heaps in advance if anyone can help me. Before I ask what sets for them, that might be too much trouble for someone to list all of their sets at once.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    What are the best natures for the following Pokémon (and if there are multiple natures for different sets, please say them)?:
    Spoiler:

Thanks heaps in advance if anyone can help me. Before I ask what sets for them, that might be too much trouble for someone to list all of their sets at once.

Deoxys depends on what form you use. For Attack, Naive; Defense, Bold/Calm and for Speed, Timid.

Uxie should be Bold, Azelf Timid, Jolly or Naive, Mesprit, Modest, Timid, Jolly or Adamant.

Dialga should be Modest; Palkia should be Timid

Altered Giratina should be Bold/Calm; Origin Giratina should be Naughty/Lonely.

Reshiram should be Modest/Timid; Zekrom should be Adamant/Jolly.

For Kyurem, it depends on what form you intend to use. For regular/White Kyurem, Modest or Timid. For Black Kyurem, Lonely, Hasty, Mild or Rash.

Lugia should be Bold.

Cobalion should be Naive, Terrakion Jolly and Virizion Timid/Jolly. Keldeo can't be obtained in-game.

Heatran should be Timid or Calm.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Any sets for the Shiny Event Beldum? I'd like to be able to use Shiny Mega Metagross because it has a blue X on its face so it looks like the logo of Pokémon X. that's literally the only reason I want it

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Any sets for the Shiny Event Beldum? I'd like to be able to use Shiny Mega Metagross because it has a blue X on its face so it looks like the logo of Pokémon X. that's literally the only reason I want it
    Shiny Metagross is cool =)

-Metagross w/Metagrossite
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Clear Body--->Tough Claws
    EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Sp.Defense
    Moves: Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Zen Headbutt, Ice Punch/Thunder Punch/Grass Knot

There's also an Agligross set that uses an Adamant nature and puts some of the Speed EVs into HP.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    Hey everyone,

I wanted to know what the best nature for Magnezone is? I heard the best would be Timid or Modest but would there be a nature that is better? Thank you all for your advice/insight!!! :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Hey everyone,

I wanted to know what the best nature for Magnezone is? I heard the best would be Timid or Modest but would there be a nature that is better? Thank you all for your advice/insight!!! :)

Both Timid and Modest are the best natures for Magnezone, yes.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Ok, I understand. Could you tell me what type of Magnezone each nature would be for/ their differences? Thank you!

The only time you use Timid on Magnezone is on a Choice Scarf set. For any other set, use Modest:
    -Thunderbolt
    -Volt Switch
    -Flash Cannon
    -Hidden Power (Fire)
    Nature: Modest/Timid
    EVs: 172 HP/252 SAtk/84 Spe (Modest) or 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe (Timid)
    Item: Choice Specs (Modest)/Choice Scarf (Timid)
    Ability: Magnet Pull

or
    -Magnet Rise
    -Thunderbolt
    -Flash Cannon
    -Hidden Power (Fire)
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 128 HP/252 SAtk/128 Spe
    Item: Air Balloon

For reference, Modest boosts Special Attack; Timid boosts Speed. Both lower Attack, which Magnezone doesn't really need.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    The only time you use Timid on Magnezone is on a Choice Scarf set. For any other set, use Modest:
    -Thunderbolt
    -Volt Switch
    -Flash Cannon
    -Hidden Power (Fire)
    Nature: Modest/Timid
    EVs: 172 HP/252 SAtk/84 Spe (Modest) or 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe (Timid)
    Item: Choice Specs (Modest)/Choice Scarf (Timid)

or
    -Magnet Rise
    -Thunderbolt
    -Flash Cannon
    -Hidden Power (Fire)
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 128 HP/252 SAtk/128 Spe
    Item: Air Balloon

For reference, Modest boosts Special Attack; Timid boosts Speed. Both lower Attack, which Magnezone doesn't really need.

I see, would modest be a better nature for magnezone than timid because raising speed for Magnezone is basically useless, since Magnezone is so slow anyway? Also, is Magnezone a better pokemon than Electivire? Thank you!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I see, would modest be a better nature for magnezone than timid because raising speed for Magnezone is basically useless, since Magnezone is so slow anyway? Also, is Magnezone a better pokemon than Electivire? Thank you!

Magnezone is more useful than Electivire because of its utility in trapping and KOing Steel Pokemon thanks to Magnet Pull.

As I mentioned before, Timid is only good with Choice Scarf.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    Naive for mixed sets, Jolly for pure physical ones. Before you ask what sets are good for Rayquaza, here they are:

-Swords Dance
    -Dragon Ascent
    -Earthquake
    -Extreme Speed/Dragon Dance
    Nature: Jolly/Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe

I'd say V-create is better considering +2 ExtremeSpeed is usually enough to OHKO anything not resistant to it (on offense teams). Meanwhile V-create lets you beat Ferrothorn and Skarmory should they ever show their faces in AG. Your Ray shouldn't bother with Klefki anyway.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'd say V-create is better considering +2 ExtremeSpeed is usually enough to OHKO anything not resistant to it (on offense teams). Meanwhile V-create lets you beat Ferrothorn and Skarmory should they ever show their faces in AG. Your Ray shouldn't bother with Klefki anyway.

V-Create isn't necessary, IMO, because while it does the same damage as Dragon Ascent, the Speed drop hinders Rayquaza, forcing it to switch out. Besides, Ground/Flying already has good coverage and Skarmory and Klefki still gets nuked hard by Dragon Ascent, while Klefki is still hit hard by Earthquake:

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 160-190 (47.9 - 56.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 185-218 (55.3 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Klefki: 348-411 (109.7 - 129.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Klefki: 248-292 (78.2 - 92.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Klefki: 554-653 (174.7 - 205.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    V-Create isn't necessary, IMO, because while it does the same damage as Dragon Ascent, the Speed drop hinders Rayquaza, forcing it to switch out. Besides, Ground/Flying already has good coverage and Skarmory and Klefki still gets nuked hard by Dragon Ascent, while Klefki is still hit hard by Earthquake:

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 160-190 (47.9 - 56.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 185-218 (55.3 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Klefki: 348-411 (109.7 - 129.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Klefki: 248-292 (78.2 - 92.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Klefki: 554-653 (174.7 - 205.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Then Skarmory proceeds to use Whirlwind and screw your Mega Ray. Also, V-create doesn't always make you force out, since ExtremeSpeed is a thing.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Then Skarmory proceeds to use Whirlwind and screw your Mega Ray. Also, V-create doesn't always make you force out, since ExtremeSpeed is a thing.

Flying/Fire makes (Mega) Rayquaza be walled by Heatran, though it's still 2HKOed by +2 Dragon Ascent. Extreme Speed is only good for cleaning up teams; it shouldn't be used when everything is healthy, considering that it's unSTABed coming from Rayquaza. I still believe Earthquake >>>>>> V-Create.

But enough of this; this is getting off-topic.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
    The Mew I Have

I'm not saying it's ideal, unstoppable, perfect, or unchecked, but it's legitimate with 4 IV's, and I would like to use it for a battle every now and then.

Here's the basic outline to how I was thinking of running it.

Mew @ Life Orb
    Naughty
    Synchronize
    - Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Heat Wave
    - Baton Pass?
    - Drain Punch/Low Kick
    - Zen Headbutt
    200 Atk/56 SpA/252 Spd

Mainly looking at Baton Pass to avoid Sucker Punches, Pursuits, and Shadow Sneaks from the heavyweights, and maxing out on speed to make sure I can pull it off.

I know Superpower is usually the Fighting-type move of choice on Mew, but I use it on a few of my other pokes and haven't really been digging it lately.

So yeah, thoughts? Criticisms? Should've listed this as team help.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    Hey everyone,
    I was wondering which pokemon is better Gardevoir, Espeon, or Alakazam? Thank you! :)

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years

Mew @ Life Orb
    Naughty
    Synchronize
    - Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Heat Wave
    - Baton Pass?
    - Drain Punch/Low Kick
    - Zen Headbutt
    200 Atk/56 SpA/252 Spd

After some test runs last night, I'm thinking of swapping the fighting type move out for X-Scissor and upgrading Flamethrower to Heat Wave. Realized this set gets walled pretty hard by Bros and Lati@s, even though I didn't have to face that match up. And Flamethrower's performance was a bit lackluster.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Hey everyone,
    I was wondering which pokemon is better Gardevoir, Espeon, or Alakazam? Thank you! :)

Gardevoir is the best out of the three, though the other two have their uses:
    -Psyshock
    -Hyper Voice
    -Focus Blast
    -Taunt/Will-o-Wisp/Calm Mind
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 24 Def/232 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Gardevoirite
    Ability: Trace

Espeon:
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Psyshock/Psychic/Yawn