• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Hey guys, if we are not allowed to transfer items to the Pokebank, how are we supposed to obtain the custap berry? O_O;;

Game Freak will probably have some future event Pokemon holding one. Don't know why they just can't include it in the games...but Game Freak does a lotta **** that doesn't make sense.

Or maye it'll be obtainable in Z or whatever comes next.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2014
    Game Freak will probably have some future event Pokemon holding one. Don't know why they just can't include it in the games...but Game Freak does a lotta **** that doesn't make sense.

Or maye it'll be obtainable in Z or whatever comes next.

Yeah I do wonder what goes on in their heads for some of the stuff they do xD

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Techno Blast now has 120 Base Power. Didn't think this warranted a thread but didn't see a better place to post this..

Does it really? Thats pretty nice for Genesect. With the Drives, it has the choice between what is basically a Fire Blast, Blizzard, Thunder, or Hydro Pump, but with 100% accuracy. Not sure if that makes the drives worth using though. Genesect likes that Scarf it wears...

Years
    Moveset Help & Other Questions

I don't know if the power boost is enough to warrant an item slot for the drives, though.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    Thread this was originally on is now closed, told to place questions here

(Quote of my original message)
    Hi is this a good moveset for feraligatr on FireRed?

Earthquake
    Surf
    Slash/Body slam
    Hyper beam

with a nature that increases Atk/Sp.Atk and decreases Sp. Def/Speed

Im not happy with it though as it has 1/0 moves that it actually learns and I dont like getting natures that decrease any def stat but if I'm going to have hyper beam i guess I need speed. Any thoughts?

Quote of Nymphadora

You should probably replace Hyper Beam with Swords Dance. After only one usage of it, you should be able to take down your opponent's entire team with Feraligatr. Either that, or try Ice Beam. (: Hyper Beam's all right, but it makes you unable to move for the next turn though, which, if you ask me, isn't worth it.

Im not sure about any Sp.atk moves, like ice beam, as feraligtr has low Sp.atk and thinking to compensate for that with a Vaporeon. Ive never been a fan of stat boosting moves but if that is what you recomend then I shall give it a go.

Whats the best nature for it?

thanks for the reply :) and happy holidays everyone!!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Which should I teach my Mawile, Iron Defense or Stockpile? The former will raise her defense 2 stages, while the latter will raise her defense and special defense one stage each, but only up to 3 stages tops. Any second opinions?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Thread this was originally on is now closed, told to place questions here

(Quote of my original message)
    Hi is this a good moveset for feraligatr on FireRed?

Earthquake
    Surf
    Slash/Body slam
    Hyper beam

with a nature that increases Atk/Sp.Atk and decreases Sp. Def/Speed

Im not happy with it though as it has 1/0 moves that it actually learns and I dont like getting natures that decrease any def stat but if I'm going to have hyper beam i guess I need speed. Any thoughts?

Quote of Nymphadora

You should probably replace Hyper Beam with Swords Dance. After only one usage of it, you should be able to take down your opponent's entire team with Feraligatr. Either that, or try Ice Beam. (: Hyper Beam's all right, but it makes you unable to move for the next turn though, which, if you ask me, isn't worth it.

Im not sure about any Sp.atk moves, like ice beam, as feraligtr has low Sp.atk and thinking to compensate for that with a Vaporeon. Ive never been a fan of stat boosting moves but if that is what you recomend then I shall give it a go.

Whats the best nature for it?

thanks for the reply :) and happy holidays everyone!!
    Feraligatr is at its best in Gen IV onward, since it can use physical STAB, and in Gen III, its Water STAB is tied to its lower Special Attack. So I can't say for sure.
    Which should I teach my Mawile, Iron Defense or Stockpile? The former will raise her defense 2 stages, while the latter will raise her defense and special defense one stage each, but only up to 3 stages tops. Any second opinions?
    Neither. Mawile is seen as a Huge Power abuser in its Mega form, and using these moves is a waste of time, even with Baton Pass:
    -Play Rough
    -Sucker Punch
    -Fire Fang/Iron Head/Swords Dance
    -Swords Dance/Substitute
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 132 HP/252 Atk/124 Spe
    Item: Mawilite
    Ability: Intimidate

or
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk
    -Play Rough
    -Foul Play
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef

or
    -Substitute
    -Focus Punch
    -Play Rough
    -Sucker Punch
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Def

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    After a couple of hours of resetting, I pulled this Zygarde.

Zygarde - #718 (Lax) : 31 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 29 / 31

Unfortunately it's Lax, but I'm going to fully invest in Sp. Def EVs. The question I have is what I should run with, I'm thinking Substitute and Coil, maybe Protect because it will probably only be used in Multi Battles with friends. The spare slots will probably go towards Earthquake, Rock Slide or Outrage etc.

I'm wondering what else I should consider, and what item to run. I was thinking of running it with Leftovers, or maybe even Rocky Helmet. Also, is there an item that is a defensive Weakness Policy? That could be useful.

Essentially this is the breakdown right now.

Zygarde / Lax / Leftovers or Rocky Helmet
    252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Sp. Def
    - Substitute
    - Coil
    - ???
    - ???

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    After a couple of hours of resetting, I pulled this Zygarde.

Zygarde - #718 (Lax) : 31 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 29 / 31

Unfortunately it's Lax, but I'm going to fully invest in Sp. Def EVs. The question I have is what I should run with, I'm thinking Substitute and Coil, maybe Protect because it will probably only be used in Multi Battles with friends. The spare slots will probably go towards Earthquake, Rock Slide or Outrage etc.

I'm wondering what else I should consider, and what item to run. I was thinking of running it with Leftovers, or maybe even Rocky Helmet. Also, is there an item that is a defensive Weakness Policy? That could be useful.

Essentially this is the breakdown right now.

Zygarde / Lax / Leftovers or Rocky Helmet
    252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Sp. Def
    - Substitute
    - Coil
    - ???
    - ???
    You should've kept going with the nature of Zygarde; it helps if you have a Synchronize Pokemon with the nature you want in the lead slot. For defensive Coil, Careful is the preferred nature. As for moves:
    -Coil
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon Tail/Stone Edge
    -Extreme Speed/Substitute

Keep in mind that setup moves aren't used in multi-battling formats because of the faster pace there compared to singles. In the time that Zygarde gets to set up, it may be already KOed by the opposing Pokemon before it gets to make a proper move.

Regarding the Weakness Policy-like item, I don't get what you mean, but I don't think Zygarde should be using it. Dragonite and Aegislash are the best users because the former has Multiscale to help it sponge a super effective hit at full health, while the latter's Shield Forme has good bulk to help it take super effective hits.

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    You should've kept going with the nature of Zygarde; it helps if you have a Synchronize Pokemon with the nature you want in the lead slot. For defensive Coil, Careful is the preferred nature. As for moves:
    -Coil
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon Tail/Stone Edge
    -Extreme Speed/Substitute

Keep in mind that setup moves aren't used in multi-battling formats because of the faster pace there compared to singles. In the time that Zygarde gets to set up, it may be already KOed by the opposing Pokemon before it gets to make a proper move.

Regarding the Weakness Policy-like item, I don't get what you mean, but I don't think Zygarde should be using it. Dragonite and Aegislash are the best users because the former has Multiscale to help it sponge a super effective hit at full health, while the latter's Shield Forme has good bulk to help it take super effective hits.

Yeah I know, but it's still okay despite the nature (in terms of it's stats). Maybe I should swap out a defensive move for Protect for those free turns if it gets targeted. I may just swap out the other moves depending on if it's used in singles. I just meant an item that increases Defense and Sp. Defense when it's hit, but you're right in saying it might get taken down, so I should stick to Lefties or Rocky Helmet.

Thanks for the help.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Yeah I know, but it's still okay despite the nature (in terms of it's stats). Maybe I should swap out a defensive move for Protect for those free turns if it gets targeted. I may just swap out the other moves depending on if it's used in singles. I just meant an item that increases Defense and Sp. Defense when it's hit, but you're right in saying it might get taken down, so I should stick to Lefties or Rocky Helmet.

Thanks for the help.

There's no defensive counterpart for Weakness Policy, I'm afraid.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    This might sound stupid. Well, it is stupid. But what do you think of an Assault Vest Stunfisk?

Stunfisk@Assualt Vest
    Static
    Bold 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    Thunderbolt/ Discharge
    Earth Power
    Surf/ Scald
    Sludge Bomb

It might be fun or take people by surprise. Or, they might die laughing.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2014
    Hey guys, what are some sneaky, deceptive pokemon? I know Zoroark is a definite, but are there any other pokemon that are like that? I want to make a competitive team in which I just screw with the other person's mind. xD (Like what my Zoroark did once in a battle).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Hey guys, what are some sneaky, deceptive pokemon? I know Zoroark is a definite, but are there any other pokemon that are like that? I want to make a competitive team in which I just screw with the other person's mind. xD (Like what my Zoroark did once in a battle).

Greninja is one such example because of its Protean ability changing its type to match the type of the/ attack it's about to use. If you're good at predicting, Aegislash can use King's Shield to alternate between its Blade and Shield formes, though it can be played around somewhat easily.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2014
    Greninja is one such example because of its Protean ability changing its type to match the type of the/ attack it's about to use. If you're good at predicting, Aegislash can use King's Shield to alternate between its Blade and Shield formes, though it can be played around somewhat easily.

Thanks! I just added those two to my team. What other pokemon are there? :DDDD

Years
    Does anyone know who else knows Follow me or Rage Powder aside from Amoonguss in the Kalos region

I do know that Sentret/Furret can use Follow Me iirc. As for Rage Powder, non-Foongus/Amoonguss users of the move that are obtainable in Kalos include Butterfree and the Hoppip line. But sadly they just don't have the stats to hold their own in most battles.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I do know that Sentret/Furret can use Follow Me iirc. As for Rage Powder, non-Foongus/Amoonguss users of the move that are obtainable in Kalos include Butterfree and the Hoppip line. But sadly they just don't have the stats to hold their own in most battles.

To add on to this, the Clefairy line and the Togepi line also get Follow Me. But they're Friend Safari only pokes (which is odd since your rival uses a Clefable in the post game). Volarona also can get Rage Powder...but you don't wanna use Rage Powder on Volcarona.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back