• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Hasty is preferred because with Lonely, Genesect fails to outspeed some +Speed Choice Scarf Pokemon like Therian Landorus.

Oh well. I have more than enough pokes to play with anyway, and I still have to breed that Togekiss.

Can always use Genesect to wreak havoc on the in-game stuff.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I see people using this Conkeldurr. I don't understand the logic behind maxing his Special Defense and not his HP. I know Assault Vest boost that S.Def investment by 50%, However I though HP was almost always better than investing in one defense stat.
    Wouldn't No HP/No Def investment mean his is OHKOed by Talonflame, cuz TF is like the most common thing right now.

Conkeldurr
    -Drain Punch
    -Mach Punch
    -Knock Off
    -Ice Punch/Thunder Punch
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/8 Def/248 SDef????
    Item: Assault Vest
    Ability: Guts

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I see people using this Conkeldurr. I don't understand the logic behind maxing his Special Defense and not his HP. I know Assault Vest boost that S.Def investment by 50%, However I though HP was almost always better than investing in one defense stat.
    Wouldn't No HP/No Def investment mean his is OHKOed by Talonflame, cuz TF is like the most common thing right now.

Conkeldurr
    -Drain Punch
    -Mach Punch
    -Knock Off
    -Ice Punch/Thunder Punch
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/8 Def/248 SDef????
    Item: Assault Vest
    Ability: Guts
    The reason why 248 Special Defense EVs are used to make Conkeldurr's uninvested physical Defense and its invested Special Defense this way equal to prevent Genesect from getting a Special Attack boost via Download. Another reasoning for this is because Conkeldurr's Special Defense is significantly lower than its HP. As a general rule of thumb, if the Pokemon's defenses are significantly lower than its HP, these stats get priority for investment (this applies to Drifblim, Blissey and Wobbuffet), and vice-versa. Leave Talonflame to teammates.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    What's the best set for Mega Banette?

I got the following, but seeing as I've never really used Banette, it seems about as useful as Sableye.

Banette @ Banettite
    Ability: Frisk/(Insomnia I guess would work for a Sleep switch-in)
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 HP / 252 SDef
    Careful Nature
    - Destiny Bond
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Taunt
    - Will-O-Wisp

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What's the best set for Mega Banette?

I got the following, but seeing as I've never really used Banette, it seems about as useful as Sableye.

Banette @ Banettite
    Ability: Frisk/(Insomnia I guess would work for a Sleep switch-in)
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 HP / 252 SDef
    Careful Nature
    - Destiny Bond
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Taunt
    - Will-O-Wisp

That's a pretty good set, haha. Here's another one, but it's pretty similar to yours, though:

Banette @ Banettite
    Ability: Insomnia / Frisk
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
    Brave Nature
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Destiny Bond
    - Taunt
    - Thunderbolt

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    That's a pretty good set, haha. Here's another one, but it's pretty similar to yours, though:

Banette @ Banettite
    Ability: Insomnia / Frisk
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
    Brave Nature
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Destiny Bond
    - Taunt
    - Thunderbolt

The coverage with Thunderbolt is appreciated, so that's an option I didn't really think of. I only thought WoW because of the priority burn, but that really leaves me with nothing for Normal/Dark types. And I feel like a more offensive spread like you mention would come in handy when I want someone to knock me out after Destiny Bond. Thanks for the input.

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • What's a good set for Trevenant and Hawlucha?

For Trevenant, I plan to get both a Natural Cure and the Harvest variant, so I will need suggestions for both.

As for Hawlucha, I want a non-Unburden variant since we don't have access to a flying gem, as far as I know.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • What's a good set for Trevenant and Hawlucha?

For Trevenant, I plan to get both a Natural Cure and the Harvest variant, so I will need suggestions for both.

As for Hawlucha, I want a non-Unburden variant since we don't have access to a flying gem, as far as I know.

Trevenant:
    -Horn Leech/Wood Hammer
    -Earthquake/Rock Slide
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Rest
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/180 Def/76 Spe
    Item: Leftovers/Lum Berry
    Ability: Natural Cure/Harvest

or
    -Horn Leech
    -Shadow Claw/Leech Seed
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Protect
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 244 HP/16 Def/248 SDef
    Item: Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Harvest

or
    -Substitute
    -Leech Seed
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Phantom Force
    Item: Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Harvest

Even though Flying Gem isn't available, this is the only other viable way for Hawlucha to use Unburden:
    -Substitute
    -Swords Dance
    -High Jump Kick
    -Acrobatics
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Liechi Berry
    Ability: Unburden

The coverage with Thunderbolt is appreciated, so that's an option I didn't really think of. I only thought WoW because of the priority burn, but that really leaves me with nothing for Normal/Dark types. And I feel like a more offensive spread like you mention would come in handy when I want someone to knock me out after Destiny Bond. Thanks for the input.

Here's a much better offensive Mega Banette set for you to use:
    -Phantom Force
    -Sucker Punch
    -Will-o-Wisp/Taunt
    -Destiny Bond
    Nature: Brave/Adamant
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
    Item: Banettite
    Ability: Frisk

Sucker Punch is stronger priority than Shadow Sneak; just putting that out there. This set is all about offensive pressure with some utility.

Edit: standard Mega Banette should look like this:
    -Shadow Claw/Knock Off
    -Taunt
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Destiny Bond
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 SDef
    Item: Banettite
    Ability: Frisk/Insomnia

Last edited:

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • Trevenant:
    -Horn Leech/Wood Hammer
    -Earthquake/Rock Slide
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Rest
    Item: Leftovers/Lum Berry
    Ability: Natural Cure/Harvest

I really like the first Trevenant set but I'm not entirely sure how to use it. I'm assuming after a rest, it switches out to something else? Assuming Leftovers & Natural Cure.

I will test out the other two Trev sets on Showdown.

As for Hawlucha, I was hoping for either a Mold Breaker or Limber set. I apologize if my wording was weird. But I never thought of using a Liechi Berry on Unburden Hawlucha, I'll play around with that set in Showdown. Thank you!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I really like the first Trevenant set but I'm not entirely sure how to use it. I'm assuming after a rest, it switches out to something else? Assuming Leftovers & Natural Cure.

I will test out the other two Trev sets on Showdown.

As for Hawlucha, I was hoping for either a Mold Breaker or Limber set. I apologize if my wording was weird. But I never thought of using a Liechi Berry on Unburden Hawlucha, I'll play around with that set in Showdown. Thank you!
    For that Trevenant set, assuming the Natural Cure variant, it's supposed to switch after Rest.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Some questions here, Blissey or Chansey? Toxic or Thunderwave on a Porygon2? Ice SHard or Ice Punch on a Weavile?

1. Chansey can take physical hits better thanks to Eviolite, but lacks offensive presence outside of Seismic Toss; it also lacks Leftovers recovery. Blissey, on the other hand, has Leftovers recovery and has enough Special Attack that it's not reliant on Seismic Toss for damage.
    2. It depends on the team's needs. If your team is hampered by walls, use Toxic. If your team struggles with speedy offensive Pokemon, use Thunder Wave.
    3. Ice Shard is preferred to let Weavile pick off weakened opponents, but Ice Punch is an alternative for more power.

dontstay96

Grass-man
    Years
  • 1. Chansey can take physical hits better thanks to Eviolite, but lacks offensive presence outside of Seismic Toss; it also lacks Leftovers recovery. Blissey, on the other hand, has Leftovers recovery and has enough Special Attack that it's not reliant on Seismic Toss for damage.
    2. It depends on the team's needs. If your team is hampered by walls, use Toxic. If your team struggles with speedy offensive Pokemon, use Thunder Wave.
    3. Ice Shard is preferred to let Weavile pick off weakened opponents, but Ice Punch is an alternative for more power.

Cool, thanks, I want to run a Togekiss paraflinch set with: Roost, Air Slash, Thunder Wave and Nasty Plot, what item, nature and EV spread is recommended?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Cool, thanks, I want to run a Togekiss paraflinch set with: Roost, Air Slash, Thunder Wave and Nasty Plot, what item, nature and EV spread is recommended?

The preferred Togekiss set should look like this:
    -Thunder Wave/Nasty Plot
    -Air Slash
    -Aura Sphere/Dazzling Gleam/Nasty Plot
    -Roost
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 248 HP/8 Def/252 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Serene Grace

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I got a question, if my Pokemon got Gale Wings and I use Fly, does Fly have priority on Protect?

Gale Wings just gives +1 priority to Flying moves. Protect has something like +4 priority, so Protect will always go before a Gale wings Flying attack.

Anyone suggest a support Meowstic with Safeguard. I need safeguard

Uh, maybe this?:

-Moewstic w/Light Clay
    Nature: Bold/Calm
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense/Sp.Defense, 4 Sp.attack
    Moves: Safeguard, Light Screen, Reflect/Quick Guard, Psyshock

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back