• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Superpower is the only move that requires PokéBank, I think, but since you don't have access to any fifth-generation games, maybe you could use some other attack as an alternative? Off the top of my head, few good ones would be Ice Fang, Fire Fang, and Night Slash. These are all egg moves, though, so you'd probably have to put some time into breeding. :p

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
Superpower is the only move that requires PokéBank, I think, but since you don't have access to any fifth-generation games, maybe you could use some other attack as an alternative? Off the top of my head, few good ones would be Ice Fang, Fire Fang, and Night Slash. These are all egg moves, though, so you'd probably have to put some time into breeding. :p
Note, that Luxray can learn Crunch via level up, which is in our opinion superior to Night Slash.

NRG

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 9, 2015
What is the reasoning behind making players choose 3 mons to fight with on battlespot?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
What is the reasoning behind making players choose 3 mons to fight with on battlespot?
These used to be tournament-only rules, probably in order to keep the matches as short as possible. They would be totally arbitrary otherwise.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
6 vs 6 single battles can easily run over an hour when someone's got a stall team. Imagine a tournament with over 500 people participating. Can you see any fast way of getting the matches done? Even if it was single-elimination, the matches would go on far past midnight and possibly well into the next day. So, chop chop chop, now you have to battle with 3. Of course, this was before doubles became the standard tourney form.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I think focus sash generates every time that i get to full hp

Hawlucha's Evs are : 252 attack/252 speed/4 sp.defense

Focus Sash does not regenerate if it's used up. Once it's gone, it's gone (except for in-between Battle Maison battles and Wi-Fi battles, when the item will be restored).

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Try either Steel Wing or Stone Edge. High Jump Kick wouldn't be such a bad option, either, but it could wind up hurting you if you miss. If you don't, it would deal a ton of damage to your opponent. :P

Years
Try either Steel Wing or Stone Edge. High Jump Kick wouldn't be such a bad option, either. :]

I was thinking replacing Roost for Acrobatics since I lose the Focus Sash, Acrobatics' damage will double. & U-Turn I'm not sure, probably Stone Edge like you said, or Poison Jab or maybe Steel wing. But Power-Up-Punch can also be helpful when an enemy is at low health just finish my opponent's Pokemon with that & get more attack boost since i used swords dance first turn. Hmmm...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I was thinking replacing Roost for Acrobatics since I lose the Focus Sash, Acrobatics' damage will double. & U-Turn I'm not sure, probably Stone Edge like you said, or Poison Jab or maybe Steel wing. But Power-Up-Punch can also be helpful when an enemy is at low health just finish my opponent's Pokemon with that & get more attack boost since i used swords dance first turn. Hmmm...

The most reliable way of activating Hawlucha's Unburden is through SubLiechi:
-Substitute
-Swords Dance
-High Jump Kick
-Acrobatics
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Liechi Berry
Ability: Unburden

Years
The most reliable way of activating Hawlucha's Unburden is through SubLiechi:
-Substitute
-Swords Dance
-High Jump Kick
-Acrobatics
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Liechi Berry
Ability: Unburden

Why Substitute For Though ? Hawlucha Can Be Outsped By Some Pokemon & can be knocked otyut in one hit .

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Why Substitute For Though ? Hawlucha Can Be Outsped By Some Pokemon & can be knocked otyut in one hit .
You can sub-stall until the berry kicks in. It's not guaranteed, but it's the most reliable as PlatinumDude says.

I've tried Rest+Lum and also Focus Sash, with mixed results. Lum works for status absorption, or a free SD+recovery if you can survive a hit. Focus Sash is less reliable because often times I'd survive w/o it activating. I'd suggest 0IV in defensive stats, but that's rather gimmicky and subject to priority once you're at 1HP.

NRG

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 9, 2015
6 vs 6 single battles can easily run over an hour when someone's got a stall team. Imagine a tournament with over 500 people participating. Can you see any fast way of getting the matches done? Even if it was single-elimination, the matches would go on far past midnight and possibly well into the next day. So, chop chop chop, now you have to battle with 3. Of course, this was before doubles became the standard tourney form.

I thought as much.

Unfortunatly this 3v3 format means more emphasis is on predicting which 3 your opponent will bring and (more importantly) which they will send out first.

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
Years
Hello again...

So, I have really been wanting to use Togekiss in Gen VI, because of it's new Fairy typing. In Gen V, i used one as my Cleric, with Heal Bell, but also as a Nasty Plot sweeper. (The whole move set was Nasty Plot, Roost, Heal Bell and Air Slash)

But... Now I really can't decide on four moves! I have ruled out Heal Bell, so now my possible moves are: Nasty Plot, Roost, Fire Blast, Dazzling Gleam, and Air Slash. My EV spread, Nature, etc. is already decided, but I would really appreciate some opinions on the move set. Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
From the list you've provided, I would go with Nasty Plot, Roost, Air Slash, and Dazzling Gleam. If you like, though, you could replace Dazzling Gleam with Thunder Wave. This way, chances of your opponent being able to attack would be decreased drastically. :]

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hello again...

So, I have really been wanting to use Togekiss in Gen VI, because of it's new Fairy typing. In Gen V, i used one as my Cleric, with Heal Bell, but also as a Nasty Plot sweeper. (The whole move set was Nasty Plot, Roost, Heal Bell and Air Slash)

But... Now I really can't decide on four moves! I have ruled out Heal Bell, so now my possible moves are: Nasty Plot, Roost, Fire Blast, Dazzling Gleam, and Air Slash. My EV spread, Nature, etc. is already decided, but I would really appreciate some opinions on the move set. Thanks!

From the list you've provided, I would go with Nasty Plot, Roost, Air Slash, and Dazzling Gleam. If you like, though, you could replace Dazzling Gleam with Thunder Wave. This way, chances of your opponent being able to attack would be decreased drastically. :]
To condense what Peitharchia said:
-Thunder Wave/Nasty Plot
-Air Slash
-Dazzling Gleam/Aura Sphere/Defog
-Roost
Nature: Calm
EVs: 248 HP/8 Def/252 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace

or
-Nasty Plot
-Dazzling Gleam
-Air Slash
-Aura Sphere/Flamethrower/Roost
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
What do you guys think a good moveset for Porygon-Z would be? I currently have one in Pokémon Y version with Modest nature and EV spread of 96 HP, 252 SpA, 160 Spe, and its moves are Agility, Dark Pulse, Tri Attack, and Hidden Power Fighting. It just doesn't seem to be working for me, though; it winds up getting taken out pretty easily when battling online. :(

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
What do you guys think a good moveset for Porygon-Z would be? I currently have one in Pokémon Y version with Modest nature and EV spread of 96 HP, 252 SpA, 160 Spe, and its moves are Agility, Dark Pulse, Tri Attack, and Hidden Power Fighting. It just doesn't seem to be working for me, though; it winds up getting taken out pretty easily when battling online. :(

Your EV spread is fine. Agility Porygon-Z is meant to be a late-game attacker, when its counters would be weakened or taken out. Other Porygon-Z sets to consider:
-Tri Attack
-Dark Pulse
-Hidden Power (Fighting)
-Trick
Nature: Timid/Modest
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability

or
-Nasty Plot
-Tri Attack
-Dark Pulse
-Hidden Power (Fighting)
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
Setup Porygon is not good, especially the Agility one. The metagame shifed towards bulky attacking an there are lots of priority flying around. With its Lucario-ish bulk while lacking a good defensive typing makes this one a bit underwhelming. It needs immediate power more than ever but it depends on which format you are fighting in. Its middling speed is not helpful at all.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Level: 50
EVs: 188 Spd / 52 HP / 12 Def / 4 SDef / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Hyper Beam

Yes, you have read correctly: We are going to use Hyper Beam in a non-ironic way. Only do that in Doubles, by the way.

Try to understand this advanced EV spread. The speed allows you to outpace everything without boosted speed. The HP and Def ensures that Adamant LO Talonflame will never OHKO your Porygon-Z. Hyper Beam is an excellent tool in order to snipe popular sweeper like Talonflame, Charizard and Yache Garchomp as well as Rotom-W in one hit, but requires pinpoint prediction. Tri Attack is useful if you decide to use Porygon late in the game and clean up the weakened opponent.
As for teammates, you better make sure you have a good answer to Tyranitar and Steels as well as Trick Room. Assault Vest Scrafty is a good choice. It has access to Fake Out which can interrupt most Trick Room users and faster threats, its maximum power Fighting STAB Drain Punch has a chance of over 90% to OHKO non-chople Tyranitar and you two can gang up on TR-Chandelure.
Porygon-Z and friend won't get past Fairy/Steel Mawile and Rotom-W that easily, so consider not to send him out immediately.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back