• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Espeon is a terrible wish passer. There's Clefable, Blissey, Chansey, Alomomola, etc. Espeon's niche is Magic Bounce and Baton Pass (which is being nerfed thankfully) so you should focus on those.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
    Need EVs and move set for Espeon with magic bounce
    Please Help

I need the move wish to heal my team so keep that in mind.
    Maybe a baton passer+healer? Or a Sp.Atk+Healer?

As the above said, Espeon is a terrible "wisher". I suggest you go with Clefable(cuz fairy) or chansey(soft boil or wish), and I don't think there is a healer+baton passer, that's just silly me tho xD. For baton passer there is ninjask, whom you can keep sweeping (sword dance), then substitute and finally batton pass, or, well Espeon, which is not a bad baton passer.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Need EVs and move set for Espeon with magic bounce
    Please Help

I need the move wish to heal my team so keep that in mind.
    Maybe a baton passer+healer? Or a Sp.Atk+Healer?

To add what the above guys said, Espeon's HP is low, making it a terrible Wish Passer. Also, Espeon move sets. The first one is best in offensive teams, since it sets up screens to patch up the generally average defenses of any sweepers you may use, while the second is best in Baton Pass teams:
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Baton Pass
    -Psychic/Psyshock/Yawn
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Light Clay
    Ability: Magic Bounce

or
    -Stored Power
    -Dazzling Gleam
    -Morning Sun/Substitute
    -Baton Pass
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Magic Bounce

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2014
    Don't know how to EV train this Cloyster?

Okay, so, thing is, Cloyster is my favorite ♥♥♥♥ing Pokemon ever. Like, ever.
    I'm really liking this one I have in my team I named Shelly so I decided that I would have it officially joined into my team. But I have NO IDEA how I should EV train it. I know those websites like Smogon or the PokeMMO forums tell you how to train a Pokemon and how to raise it, but none of them are specified on how to train one just like mine, so I'm turning here for help. Note, I'm not so good at this stuff, so I may be listing some unnecessary info.

So here's the Cloyster that I have on PokeMMO. It goes like this:

----------------------------------------

Cloyster (Lv. 31)
    Female

Bred: Yes (By me)

IVs:
    HP: 27-29
    Attack: 30-31
    Defense: 27-29
    Special Attack: 30-31
    Special Defense: 27-29
    Speed: 28-30

Move List:
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Toxic
    Rest

Base Stats:
    HP: 83
    Attack: 73
    Defense: 125
    Special Attack: 60
    Special Defense: 45
    Speed: 57

Ability: Shell Armor

Happiness: 92%

--------------------------------------

So how do you think this should be EV trained? Answer please! :)

~KidneyStones

Noir

Sir Lucious Left Foot
    Years
    252 special attack / 252 speed / 6 HP. Cloyster is a pure special attacker in gen 3 and the aim of the game in-game is to hit hard and fast, which these evs will let it do and get the most out of Surf and Ice Beam :)

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    I don't think Cloyster is a special attacker. You might have gotten it mixed up with something else. Cloyster is a big defender. I'd use it for status moves and holdouts. Be cautious about other special attackers, though. EV train with defense and HP.

Noir

Sir Lucious Left Foot
    Years
    I really don't see the need to EV train something with 180 Base Defense further in Defense, assuming he doesn't touch the stat at all and he has the worst possible combination of IVs and Nature it'll have a defensive stat of 359 at the very least, though its more probable this Cloyster would be kicking around the 394 ballpark at lv100. That's more than enough to handle anything in-game that comes his way on the physical side of things. While it may be my own personal playstyle that projected the need for speed evs in this case (since ingame you can pretty much get by with an offensive spread on anything with half decent bulk and attacking stats) at the very least he should think about investing into Special Attack so that it can rely on something other than passive damage against more sturdier foes to end battles quicker, or to just be able to put up a greater resistance against things it can't poison in the first place.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Okay, so, thing is, Cloyster is my favorite ♥♥♥♥ing Pokemon ever. Like, ever.
    I'm really liking this one I have in my team I named Shelly so I decided that I would have it officially joined into my team. But I have NO IDEA how I should EV train it. I know those websites like Smogon or the PokeMMO forums tell you how to train a Pokemon and how to raise it, but none of them are specified on how to train one just like mine, so I'm turning here for help. Note, I'm not so good at this stuff, so I may be listing some unnecessary info.

So here's the Cloyster that I have on PokeMMO. It goes like this:

----------------------------------------

Cloyster (Lv. 31)
    Female

Bred: Yes (By me)

IVs:
    HP: 27-29
    Attack: 30-31
    Defense: 27-29
    Special Attack: 30-31
    Special Defense: 27-29
    Speed: 28-30

Move List:
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Toxic
    Rest

Base Stats:
    HP: 83
    Attack: 73
    Defense: 125
    Special Attack: 60
    Special Defense: 45
    Speed: 57

Ability: Shell Armor

Happiness: 92%

--------------------------------------

So how do you think this should be EV trained? Answer please! :)

~KidneyStones
    The best way to use Cloyster is to take advantage of its Skill Link ability and give it Shell Smash to compensate for its average offenses and Speed (Gen V onward):
    -Shell Smash
    -Icicle Spear
    -Rock Blast
    -Razor Shell/Ice Shard/Hydro Pump
    Nature: Jolly/Naive
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/White Herb/Lum Berry/Focus Sash
    Ability: Skill Link

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2017
    Question about technician

So if i have a normal type pokemon that has the ability technician and use a normal type 60 power move will it raise that moves power to 90 or 135?

Years
    If a Pokemon with Technician uses a move that gets the power boost, the move gets a 30% power boost so say, you use a move with 60 Base Power, the damage will be 90.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    For future reference, you multiply the base power (assuming its 60 or less) of the move by 1.5.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    I have a problem:

I don't plan to do any UBER battling any time soon, but I can catch only 1 Yveltal in my game & I'm not
    where I can trade on-line... So I should probaly try to make it count...

So what's the most popular set with Yveltal?

I understand that whatever set is the most popular doesn't mean that it's the best, but I don't have a better idea...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I have a problem:

I don't plan to do any UBER battling any time soon, but I can catch only 1 Yveltal in my game & I'm not

I understand that whatever set is the most popular doesn't mean that it's the best, but I don't have a better idea...

This set's pretty common for Yveltal, iirc:

-Yveltal w/Life Orb
    Nature: Hasty/Naive
    Ability: Dark Aura
    EVs: 252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Attack
    Moves: Dark Pulse, Sucker Punch, Focus Blast, Oblivion Wing

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I have a problem:

This set's pretty common for Yveltal, iirc:

-Yveltal w/Life Orb
    Nature: Hasty/Naive
    Ability: Dark Aura
    EVs: 252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Attack
    Moves: Dark Pulse, Sucker Punch, Focus Blast, Oblivion Wing

Other viable Yveltal sets include (note that Focus Blast isn't used all the time):
    -Dark Pulse
    -Oblivion Wing
    -Sucker Punch
    -Taunt/U-turn/Focus Blast/Foul Play
    Nature: Modest/Mild/Rash
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

or
    -Foul Play
    -Taunt
    -Toxic/Sucker Punch
    -Roost
    Nature: Bold/Impish
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef
    Item: Leftovers/Rocky Helmet

or
    -Dark Pulse
    -Hurricane
    -Foul Play/Oblivion Wing
    -U-turn
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Scarf

Modest, Mild or Rash are generally preferred, since Yveltal still outspeeds neutral base 90 Speed Pokemon like Kyogre and Dialga, as well as Adamant Rayquaza and Modest White Kyurem. Sucker Punch compensates for the lack of Hasty/Naive.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    Can someone please explain this?

Okay, here is a story about a Serperior, a Nidoking, and a Terrakion.

Serperior (speed build with 31 IV to speed, Timid nature, 252 EV to speed) gets outsped by Nidoking (build Unknown). Serperior then switches to Terrakion (Neutral build, ~15 IV to speed, Quirky Nature, 252 IV to speed [in other words, much slower then Serperior]). Terrakion outspeeds Nidoking and knocks it out.

So tell me, what just happened?

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
    Years
    Okay, here is a story about a Serperior, a Nidoking, and a Terrakion.

Serperior (speed build with 31 IV to speed, Timid nature, 252 EV to speed) gets outsped by Nidoking (build Unknown). Serperior then switches to Terrakion (Neutral build, ~15 IV to speed, Quirky Nature, 252 IV to speed [in other words, much slower then Serperior]). Terrakion outspeeds Nidoking and knocks it out.

So tell me, what just happened?
    i didn't understand what are you are asking

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    i didn't understand what are you are asking
    To make it simple;

How did the Nidoking outspeed a speed demon like Serperior, but lose out to a moderately fast pokemon like Terrakion?

Some rules involving speed/attacks/defences don't make a whole lot of sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    What move did the Nidoking use?
    Do you think the Nidoking is scarfed?
    Was your Terrakion scarfed?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back