• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

hey_hoothoot

hey_nankeen
Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2014
    Hi, just a quick question. Does Cloud Nine nullify the positive affects that rain has on pokemon with the Hydration ability?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    I am thinking of getting a clefable, but I really don't know what moves/ability/evs to run.

Excluding softboiled, at least since I have no access to gen 3 move tutors.
    I'm thinking cleric support mostly, so maybe wish/aromatherapy then moonblast/stealth rock?
    clefable can run effective calm mind sets with either magic guard or unaware. it can also run a stealth rock lead set which is p good imo cos it beats common sr setters like garchomp, terrakion and ferrothorn.

if you're thinking of cleric support, use unaware with wish, protect, heal bell and moonblast.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Hi, just a quick question. Does Cloud Nine nullify the positive affects that rain has on pokemon with the Hydration ability?

Cloud Nine negates all weather and treats it as if no weather is on the field at all. Therefore, Hydration won't activate in rain if a Cloud Nine Pokemon is on the field.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I want to breed a Bibarel, for PU and mixed environments, but maybe also NU. It'll be the Simple Curse set, probably with resto-chesto. Most recommend Adamant with max attack, but I'm also considering Careful with max spdef and wanted feedback on which would be better. Missing out on KOs vs. possibly easier setup...

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • clefable can run effective calm mind sets with either magic guard or unaware. it can also run a stealth rock lead set which is p good imo cos it beats common sr setters like garchomp, terrakion and ferrothorn.

if you're thinking of cleric support, use unaware with wish, protect, heal bell and moonblast.

So, something like this?

Clefable (252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def)
    Bold - Unaware
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Heal Bell
    - Moonblast

Is this set able to run stealth rock in place of protect? Or is wish+protect completely necessary on it?

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    So, something like this?

Clefable (252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def)
    Bold - Unaware
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Heal Bell
    - Moonblast

Is this set able to run stealth rock in place of protect? Or is wish+protect completely necessary on it?

Yes, that should be okay. Also, last I've checked, Clefable is better off running a physically defensive set. If you want a specially defensive cleric, Sylveon is the best choice.

Clefable @Leftovers
    Ability: Unaware
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
    - Wish
    - Protect / Stealth Rock
    - Heal Bell
    - Moonblast

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • Yes, that should be okay. Also, last I've checked, Clefable is better off running a physically defensive set. If you want a specially defensive cleric, Sylveon is the best choice.

Clefable @Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
    - Wish
    - Protect / Stealth Rock
    - Heal Bell
    - Moonblast

Okay, thank you.
    I'll go try this out.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Okay, thank you.
    I'll go try this out.

Oh, whoops! I've just noticed that I've put incorrect EVs in that previous set, haha! Anyway, here's the proper set:

Clefable @Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    - Wish
    - Protect / Stealth Rock
    - Heal Bell
    - Moonblast

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • If I used Latios, should it be Mega evolved?
    Either way, what are some good sets for it on ORAS?
    Mega Latios is somewhat underwhelming compared to its regular counterpart, as Life Orb vanilla Latios hits harder than Mega Latios. The main problem with Latios is that Defog is a commonly used move on it, and that's a Gen IV move, but then again, Defog is optional.:
    -Draco Meteor
    -Psyshock
    -Hidden Power (Fire)/Surf/Earthquake
    -Roost/Recover/Defog
    Nature: Timid/Hasty
    EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

or
    -Draco Meteor
    -Psyshock
    -Hidden Power (Fire)/Defog/Tailwind
    -Trick
    Nature: Timid
    Item: Choice Scarf
    I want to breed a Bibarel, for PU and mixed environments, but maybe also NU. It'll be the Simple Curse set, probably with resto-chesto. Most recommend Adamant with max attack, but I'm also considering Careful with max spdef and wanted feedback on which would be better. Missing out on KOs vs. possibly easier setup...

I would've suggested Moody Bibarel, but that's banned to "Anything Goes".

Bibarel's bulk isn't that good, so Careful may be the better option here:
    -Curse
    -Quick Attack
    -Waterfall
    -Rest
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
    Item: Chesto Berry
    Ability: Simple

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    dragon dance sets work too from what i've heared. personally i'd go for some weird mixed dd lure ****

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I would've suggested Moody Bibarel, but that's banned to "Anything Goes".

Bibarel's bulk isn't that good, so Careful may be the better option here:
    -Curse
    -Quick Attack
    -Waterfall
    -Rest
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
    Item: Chesto Berry
    Ability: Simple
    Okay I'll use the Careful spread. I was also planning to breed a Moody Bibarel to use against friends who don't care. :P What would you (or anyone else) recommend for that? I have no clue where to start other than a -SpA nature and probably Protect...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Okay I'll use the Careful spread. I was also planning to breed a Moody Bibarel to use against friends who don't care. :P What would you (or anyone else) recommend for that? I have no clue where to start other than a -SpA nature and probably Protect...

Moody Bibarel can get away with:
    -Substitute
    -Protect
    -Return
    -Waterfall
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Moody

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • Mega Latios is somewhat underwhelming compared to its regular counterpart, as Life Orb vanilla Latios hits harder than Mega Latios. The main problem with Latios is that Defog is a commonly used move on it, and that's a Gen IV move, but then again, Defog is optional.:
    -Draco Meteor
    -Psyshock
    -Hidden Power (Fire)/Surf/Earthquake
    -Roost/Recover/Defog
    Nature: Timid/Hasty

or
    -Draco Meteor
    -Psyshock
    -Hidden Power (Fire)/Defog/Tailwind
    -Trick
    Nature: Timid
    Ok, then I won't bother with Mega Latios...
    That'll leave someone else on my party able to mega evolve.
    Thanks!

#DickBats

Oliver Queen
    Years
  • I'm having a huge, HUGE problem with fairies, especially Sylveon. What is a good counter to them? I'm currently using Bisharp but it doesn't get the job done.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I'm having a huge, HUGE problem with fairies, especially Sylveon. What is a good counter to them? I'm currently using Bisharp but it doesn't get the job done.

That depends on the composition of your team, and which particular Fairy-type you're having a problem against. Bisharp is typically unreliable when it comes to countering Sylveon since it cannot tank a Hyper Voice when it switches into it, while an unboosted Bisharp cannot OHKO back. Off the top of my head, try Mega Venusaur, Mega Scizor (regular Scizor can work too), Heatran and Ferrothorn.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • A good pokemon with move set than can counter ghost types?

Mega Lopunny can bust through Ghost Pokemon thanks to Scrappy making Normal and Fighting moves neutralities on them, but it won't like getting burned by Will-o-Wisp:
    -Fake Out
    -Return
    -High Jump Kick
    -Ice Punch/Healing Wish/Drain Punch
    Nature: Jolly
    Item: Lopunnite
    Ability: Limber

or
    -Substitute
    -Return
    -High Jump Kick
    -Baton Pass/Ice Punch/Encore
    Item: Lopunnite
    Ability: Limber

Others include Pursuit users such as Mega Absol, Bisharp, Tyranitar and Weavile. Pursuit hits a fleeing target just before it switches out of battle:

Mega Absol:
    -Sucker Punch
    -Knock Off
    -Superpower/Play Rough
    -Fire Blast/Ice Beam/Pursuit
    Nature: Naive/Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/32 SAtk/224 Spe
    Item: Absolite
    Ability: Super Luck/Justified

Bisharp:
    -Sucker Punch
    -Iron Head
    -Knock Off
    -Pursuit
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Dread Plate/Black Glasses
    Ability: Defiant

Tyranitar:
    -Stone Edge
    -Crunch/Ice Punch
    -Pursuit
    -Superpower/Fire Blast
    Nature: Jolly/Naive
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Ability: Sand Stream

or
    -Stealth Rock
    -Pursuit/Crunch
    -Fire Blast
    -Ice Beam/Rock Slide/Thunder Wave
    Nature: Sassy
    EVs: 248 HP/136 Def/124 SDef
    Item: Smooth Rock/Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Stream

Weavile:
    -Knock Off
    -Icicle Crash
    -Ice Shard
    -Low Kick/Pursuit/Poison Jab
    Ability: Pressure

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2017
    [team help] Garchomp ability

hi, i am starting a competitive team with rhyperior, venusar, tyranitar, swampert, gengar and garchomp

The thing is that i don't know which ability would be best for garchomp, most people say rough skin is the best, but i think that with tyranitar in the team, sand veil would be better.

Also, looking at smogon, i saw the x/y strategies, and all say rough skin, but, the B/W strategies have in some cases sand veil garchomp.

I just can't decide, i feel that in this team, sand veil should be better, but i want to hear your opinion

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back