• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Movies or Series?

Movies or Seies? Or both?

• Movies

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Series

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Both

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters

Terri

Whatever floats your boat
Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2015
    Which do you think is better to watch? Movies or the actual series? Or do you think they're both equally as good?

i personally prefer the movies because they show all the lengendarys in the movies but they rarely show legendarys during the actualy series

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
  • Gee Whiz! A series about the movies and the series? Well, usually, when I browse this forum to see what section I post something in, I usually post it in the correct section. This is easily done by reading the section description, or sometimes I can tell by the title of the section.

If I were to post this topic somewhere, I would post in the Pokemon TV Show and Movies section. What do you think?

Terri

Whatever floats your boat
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2015
    fair enough, sorry about that

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I guess I like both of them, series because it is longer, movies because it is more serious.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • It all depends. If I like the series they are showing, or the movies they are showing. Preferablly movies because where I live, they only show Pokemon at 6-7:30 in the morning and then a new Battle Dimension episode Saturday mornings at 8:00.

ScyKinG

Can't Be Touched
    Years
  • The older shows in the series rocked, but I do not like the new one's, and I have liked every movie they have made so I'm gonna say I like the movies better.

PS: Isnt there suppose to be a new movie soon? sorry for being off topic lol

Henrik

d'oh!
    Years
  • I prefer the original series over the movies.
    Original series > Movies > New episodes

PS: Isnt there suppose to be a new movie soon? sorry for being off topic lol

The new movie will be released in Japan on July 19th and in the United States in the beginning of 2009. :)

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • I voted both.

The series is great because it usually has more humor and it's obviously so much longer so there's way more entertainment there.

But the movies are freakin amazing. Rise of Darkrai is one of my favorite movies ever, regardless of genre.

Parasite Pyramid

Resident James Lover
    Years
  • The series. Of the films I have seen, I have only enjoyed two (those being "Revelation Lugia" and "Jirachi Wishmaker"). I disliked all of the others (especially "Destiny Deoxys," which was so bad that I turned it off after twenty five minutes when I rented it from Hollywood Video three years ago).

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • The series. Of the films I have seen, I have only enjoyed two (those being "Revelation Lugia" and "Jirachi Wishmaker"). I disliked all of the others (especially "Destiny Deoxys," which was so bad that I turned it off after twenty five minutes when I rented it from Hollywood Video three years ago).

How could you not like Rise of Darkrai?

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I've always liked the movies better.

There were times when I thought maybe I was starting to drift away from Pokemon.. but then one of the movies would come out, and I'd be all "Wow, I loved that~! 8D" ...then realize it was just because the series got lame at times. This is especially true now, with DP.. I'm not as into it as I was with the others, at least not most of the time.

Not that I don't like the series. xD;

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    They both have thier benfits I do prefer the series because the movie are like a massive filler because no pokemon evovle, get caught and Ash doesnt battle any gyms. The movies are good because you get to know the characters of the day much better.

Parasite Pyramid

Resident James Lover
    Years
  • How could you not like Rise of Darkrai?
    I have not seen "Rise of Darkrai." I have only read a bit of its manga adaptation in my local mall's Walden Books (which was all right).

If I can find the Japanese version of the film with English subs, I will watch it (I refuse to watch the PUSA dubbed version. I hate the PUSA dub). However, the chances of that happening are extremely low.

Back