• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Moving Advanced Map Edits using Hex Editor?

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Hi!

I'm having trouble understanding how Lu-Ho's Advanced Map repoints data to other places in the rom. I'm trying to repoint edits I've made in A-map (such as expanding tilesets/blocksets, editing tiles/blocks, editing palettes) using a Hex editor in order to better organize my rom.

So far, I've found that repointing the pointers located at x2D4FF8 and x2D5000 (they point to x71ADe4 and x71BD84 respectively) to x900000 doesn't seem to mess up anything.

I'm just wondering:
    a) Am I forgetting to repoint something else? Would repointing the above pointers result in some error that I'm not aware of?
    b) What exactly is the purpose of those pointers?
    c) Is there a .ini file or something similar that I can use to determine where A-map repointed the edits to?
    d) How do I know where the data starts/ends (for where the chunk of repointed hex data is located)

I'm mainly trying to move any data from x71A23C-x800000, and move it to x900000 (to make room for other edits).

Thanks so much for your time!
    You guys are too smart

Edit: After some experimenting, I've finally found out that it's just a table for the tilesets. Repointing doesn't seem to cause any problems. The only annoying thing is that I need to repoint ~50 different hex batches. Thanks for the help, anyways!

Last edited:
    Back