• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moving Countries

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I was wondering, if your significant other, got a job offer, in another country, would you move to be with them? This would be mean hardly seeing friends & family.

As for myself, there is no way I would ever move from my friends

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    No one I know would move countries for a job, no one close to me, that is.

I'm sure I could contact them by other means such as; MSN, E-mail, phone, etc. So no, I wouldn't.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    If my future wife got a job in another country, I'd probably go with her :/

Although I'd prefer it if my wife didn't have to work at all :|

matt561

Your French Charizard
    Years
    I live in another country to my family but we still keep in contact

And you can allways make new friends.

The hardest part is when the novelty wears off and you say to yourself "ok now what?"

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    I'll flip this around. If I got a job in a different country (the salary would have to be incredible and the country would have to be nice) I do believe my fiance would come with me. It'd be hard as hell. But yes.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Most probably yes. I don't have any friends IRL anyway since school's over for me and they all live so far away.
    It would depend on which country they were moving to.
    And this; I'm not keen on hot countries.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    It really depends on who it is. If it was my mum, I would go with her. Anyone else, I wouldn't want to leave. And it also depends on where they are going. If they are going to some place in Africa, I would stay at home. But if they got a job in Japan or UAE, I would go.

Years
    Hmm, i dont know. depends who it is. if its my *current* girlfriend and in 5-6 years yes, probably. BUt with family, i wouldnt get a choice. because otherwise id go into a foster home:(

Years
    Well, looking at the economy, and depending on the pay, I may or may not. Our economy is bad enough, and it is a blessing to get a job. Now if it is a good job, and you're getting a great pay, it would be worth the move, or at this point, is it even an option?

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    No. I have never, and most likely will never have a "significant other." If for some odd reason I did, still no. If they loved me, they would stay with me and no move to a different country for a job.

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
    Years
    My entire family is pretty much trying to emigrate abroad right now. It's a process that started with my grandad, was followed up by my uncles, and now my granny is more than half the way done with starting her new life abroad. Chances are, if we can scrape the money together, my mother would move us over there too.
    I'd say, for this particular country, yes. Mainly because everyone is already there. But if we were to go to a completely new country to us, no. I don't want to start all over again, I at least want to have the support of my family.

Junryou

Eco? Logical!
    Years
    It depends mainly on the job and location. If I were to have a horseriding *job* somewhere in New Zealand, I would take it. Otherwise, no moving for me.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Depends on the country. If the job was in Tokyo, Johannesburg, Hong Kong, or Cape Town, Paris, or anything like that then yep I would move. if it is overseas then it must pay well and that means I will have visiting money and my space!^.^

Back