• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moving down the Enemy Base

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2016
    Hi!

Though I know the battlers' positions are wrong, my question is about the enemy field.
    How can I move it down? I've looked around PokeBattle_Scene and I guess that there's something to do with these lines:
    Code:
        @sprites["enemybase"].x-=@sprites["enemybase"].bitmap.width/2 if @sprites["enemybase"].bitmap!=nil
        @sprites["enemybase"].y-=@sprites["enemybase"].bitmap.height/2 if @sprites["enemybase"].bitmap!=nil
    and:
    Code:
        @sprites["enemybase"].z=1

But I don't really know how to change it properly. Also, I don't know if these lines are about the image size of the enemy base, or its image position.

Here's an example of what I want to do:
    Moving down the Enemy Base

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    There's a script section called PokeBattle_SceneConstants. In it is this:

Code:
      [COLOR=Green]# Centre middle of the foe's side base graphic[/COLOR]
      FOEBASEX    = FOEBATTLER_X
      FOEBASEY    = FOEBATTLER_Y
    Just above those lines are ones that define (and explain) what FOEBATTLER_X and FOEBATTLER_Y are. In your case, you'd just want to change the value of FOEBATTLER_Y to add, what? 28?

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2016
    Thank you very much, Maruno!
    I don't know if it's right, but I changed:
    Code:
    FOEBASEY    = FOEBATTLER_Y+12
    to
    Code:
    FOEBASEY    = FOEBATTLER_Y+50

And it worked the way I wanted. Thank you again!

Back