• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

mp3 Memory

JoWood

貴族のキケロ
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 27, 2012
    I'm not much of techie. But I want a mp3 player. I don't want a I-Pod with thousands of songs I'm never gonna listen too.

The problem is, I don't which one to get. Obviously, the more memory the more songs(and money). So how much does 128mb(or whatever) hold?

aaaaaa

Well if you're encoding at 128kb/s, the rule of thumb is one minute per MB.
    So 128MB will hold just over 2 hours. About two albums, typically.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • Well, If you are looking for that kind of mp3 player. Go to the closest Best Buy near you and ask for: an 128mb MPIO mp3 player. It has a small sleek design, and it perfectly fits in any pocket or small poutch. It is about the size of a thumb. Very cheap compared to the iPods.

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
    Years
  • Heh, to tell you the truth, the cost per Megabyte on a flash mp3 player cost considerably *ok a lot more* more than a Hard Drive based mp3 player =\. But that's beside the point, you want to know what's the best mp3 player in the 128MB range.

...Personally, I'd go with Creative's MuVo NX series *follow link for more info* They basically have models that can store up to 128MB from what I can tell. It even sports a nice and clear LCD screen.
    I'd get one myself, but my music collection is much larger than that, lol.. about 30GB big...:P.
    Hence, that is why I prefer a Hard Drive based player like iRiver's H140 series. Bulkier than the MuVo, but it has much more "techie features" AND it can hold a hefty 40GB worth of music and or other data *like photoshop* XD. It is a portable Hard Drive afterall. Too bad it burned a nice hole in my wallet, but I don't regret it! Hehe.

EDIT:
    Oh! and to answer your other question... 1337 is right, its around 960KB per minute if you encoded the song as a 128kbps-cbr mp3.

Last edited:

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • You could go with an MP3 Discman - they play regular CDs too, and some have radio. iRiver (www.iriver.com) have a very nice range, the lower-priced models are really good quality as well as the more expensive ones. (I have a mid-range one)

Years
  • i like my memorex mp3 player. it initally has 68 mb (about an hour) with upto 500 mb exandable (with a memory card)

Back