• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[MtG] General Discussion

SirCmpwn

Coding Knight
Years
  • Hello there,
    One of my favorite activities is playing Magic: The Gathering (I notice a huge lack of MTG threads here >.>) I play casual and competitive, from Vintage to Standard to EDH to Draft. I've got about 5,000 cards, and roughly 400 rare cards. Of those 400, about 20 are worth more than $10. My most valuable card is worth around $25 (Koth of the Hammer), though the most expensive card I've ever owned was $75 at the time. My decks include W/U Shape Anew for competitive Standard, and R Aggro Goblin for competitive Legacy, and Sheoldred, Wispering One for competitive EDH.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • I only play EDH now, unfortunately; I'm too poor for Standard and I didn't want to get into Extended or Legacy. Our resident MtG player is obsessed with League of Legends right now and is therefore not really posting much here - that is the game with which I am obsessed as well, though it was more of a coincidence than anything.

I do run Sharuum the Hegemon and Azusa, Lost but Seeking in EDH, though.

SirCmpwn

Coding Knight
    Years
  • Nice! I have four EDH decks, and I think my favorite is one for fun based on Ashling, the Pilgrim (general), with 99 mountains maindeck.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • Oh, Ashling. I thought about it once but I'd think that running non-Lands would be a good idea too, haha.

I do have a bunch of other casual EDH decks like Uril, the Miststalker and Ghost Council of Orzhova, but they don't have more expensive cards like Rishadan Port and Wasteland that are present in my two (mildly) competitive EDH decks. My favourite deck is probably Sharuum (the one I've put most of my time into) - the Esper colors are really my colors in a sense, as those are my three favourite colors in MtG with Blue being the most dominant one.

KinokiGaming

"The only Trollzama."
    Years
  • Finally some MTG players here, I major in MtG and considered "Pro" by the DCI standards. Going to Pro Tour Philadelphia next on month. I'm currently using my own design of Elfdrazi, might post that later on if I feel like it. The deck is so fast that I can usually kill in 3-4 turns and survive in the midgame if it comes to it. That got me so many nick names that shouldn't be posted. I previous deck was a Mindsculptor that walls out my enemies, counter every spell, and mill them to infinity till they have nothing in their deck. "Blue Bastard" was the name of the deck. x] Good Times, Good Times, until Jace got banned.

SirCmpwn

Coding Knight
    Years
  • Nice! I'm no pro, but I do play a Shape Anew deck competitively and usually win turn 4-5, 75% of the games I play with it. It can keep itself busy mid-game, too.

KinokiGaming

"The only Trollzama."
    Years
  • I don't see decks like those anywhere around me so that's good to hear. I go to my locals and all I see for blue rares is 20 Shape Renews for 20 cents each.

EDIT: "I don't see decks" I was testing out my new keyboard and damn auto corrector on my computer. -.-

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Yeah, Modern's a cool format eh? Although I get a funny feeling they didn't do enough researching to base the recent bannings. Jace wasn't actually as major a player in Modern as he is in other formats (blue isn't as powerful!?) and cards like Valakut, Bitterblossom and Glimpse of Nature are joke decks that were barely played beyond the Community Cup's first idea of carrying decks from other formats into Modern. :|

Years
  • Ooh, a MtG thread! xD I just started playing, so yeah. I haven't bought a deck yet but I know what I want. I'm probably going for a Morph deck or maybe an Onslaught theme deck. Anyone has any tips for deck-building blue and white, or just any advice for a newbie like me? :3

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Our resident MtG player is obsessed with League of Legends right now and is therefore not really posting much here

SHHHHHHHH. THEY AREN'T SUPPOSED TO KNOW!

I haven't been playing much because most of the non-singleton Constructed formats bore me. Standard and Extended are dead as can be with nobody playing anything but Caw-Blade (Did I mention how much I hate that deck? I do. I really do just hate it.), and it's an expensive hobby to maintain. I have no money with which to keep up with it, so I'm playing a game that more friends play AND is free.

I play EDH when I can. I'm running Scion of the Ur-Dragon, Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur, and Godo, Bandit Warlord as generals. I'm also currently constructing a Zedruu, the Greathearted list, but they're frustrating to post here with all the links to the cards, which is why I haven't posted my list here.

I wish Squadron Hawks would rotate already and the format would be something other than 1/1 fliers holding ridiculously busted equipment.

I'm working on a Bantfriends list for Standard FNM in a week's time; I may post it if it performs well. I love Garruk as a card, I wish it saw more play than it currently does. It's so ridiculous.

Back