• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[MTG] idkwhatthisisreally.t2.dek

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
Years
  • I just want to make this idea, okay? It's horrible. Absolutely horrible. But I'm doing it anyway.

-12- Creatures

-4- Birds of Paradise
    -4- Thrummingbird
    -1- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
    -1- Chandra's Phoenix
    -1- Wurmcoil Engine
    -1- Thrun, the Last Troll

-10- Other Spells

-3- Volt Charge
    -3- Tezzeret's Gambit
    -4- Sphere of the Suns

-14- Planeswalkers

-3- Chandra, the Firebrand
    -3- Venser, the Sojourner
    -2- Garruk Relentless // Garruk, the Veil-Cursed
    -3- Gideon Jura
    -3- Liliana of the Veil

-24- Lands

-4- Copperline Gorge
    -4- Razorverge Thicket
    -3- Seachrome Coast
    -2- Woodland Cemetery
    -2- Isolated Chapel
    -2- Hinterland Harbor
    -2- Clifftop Retreat
    -1- Plains
    -1- Island
    -1- Swamp
    -1- Mountain
    -1- Forest

AHHHHH this is so bad. ANYWAYS, let me break it down,

I've wanted to make a deck that abuses Planeswalkers for the longest time. So many new awesome 'Walkers have been spoiled in the last 4 months, I've been undecided on how to do it! So this is what happened; I just mashed the synergies together and stretched the deck room to its limits. DEAL WITH IT.

So, some of the things about this deck:

-Birds let you get away with a lot of things. You can play taplands and a 2-drop turn 2 (ideal for the deck), and if that two-drop is Sphere of the Suns, you can play Liliana of the Veil, the deck's toughest sell, turn 3. (You can play her turn 2 off Forest/Birds, Woodland Cemetery, but come onnnnn) You can also sacrifice them to Garruk to tutor your silver bullets, and they make a fine pitch to Liliana if you're flooded.

-Thrummingbird is the little engine that could, putting all your needy little planeswalkers on its stubby lack of shoulders as it carries them to a hasty victory. They make fine last-ditch outlets to Garruk in a tight spot, too.

-Elesh Norn and Wurmcoil are great against aggro, and help Gideon and your Garruk's Wolf tokens beat your opponent into the dirt faster.

-Chandra's Phoenix makes Liliana and Chandra BFF's. The trouble was finding a way to make Liliana's + ability unfair in this deck; with Chandra and Liliana both out Liliana just becomes downright unfair.

-Finally, Thrun is because control kicks this deck's ass.

-Volt Charge and Tezzeret's Gambit are here because Thrummingbird sometimes just doesn't get there. Proliferate is a key part of this strategy, and we're lacking in spot removal.

-Sphere of the Suns is a Birds that isn't a creature, likes Thrummingbird a lot, and doesn't die to the same removal Birds does. Great pitch to Liliana if you draw multiples, because it can be a really dead card sometimes.

-Chandra blows things up and Forks your proliferate spells. Mostly the latter. She makes the rest of your planeswalkers absolutely absurd and occasionally just wants to watch the world burn.

-Venser is one of the deck's more subtle win conditions; he resets your other planeswalkers and spent Sphere of the Suns, is Gideon's best wingman, and builds to that game-winning ultimate.

-Garruk is the nail in the coffin for me wanting to make this deck. I thought M12 Garruk was absurd, but THIS GUY. His Wolves eat entire boards once Gideon tells them to come at him, bro, and he munches on wolves or Birds to get you the tool you need to win. His ultimate is perhaps the weakest of the entire group's, because it rarely has any use, but occasionally you'll have pitched or eaten enough Birds to make it worth using.

-Gideon is the glue that holds this mess of a deck together. Protects all your other Planeswalkers while doing absolutely unfair things with Garruk's Wolves, is just a giant kick in the nuts to aggro, and will win you the game by himself if given the time.

-I put Liliana in this deck because THAT ULT. She deals with problematic, creature-heavy board states a lot, and once your opponent's creatures have been dealt with she just kicks your opponent in the nuts and spits in his face. Seriously, that ultimate is ridiculously powerful. She plays well with your accelerants that become dead midgame, and even has Chandra's Phoenix to play with when Chandra herself is on the scene, and in general is extremely powerful, enough so that I've added the fifth color just to splash her. She's just that good.

-The lands are built so that you have your core of WUG while extending to your splash colors effectively enough through your duals. You want green turn 1, blue turn 2, and white primarily after that, while being able to have double black by at least turn 4. I think the mana base, while definitely shaky, can pull that off. The new Innistrad lands definitely help with that.

So yeah, let me know what you think! =D

SentryDown

The Sovereign Fist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 16, 2013
    It sounds good in theory. The main issue I see is early game where a lot of the dual lands take an extra turn after being played to actually be used. Early game that means your opponent has an extra turn or so. Otherwise it seems you have a fairly solid strategy. Playing 5 colors isn't easy.

Also: The total price of this deck x-x

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • *-14- $50 bills

Yeah the CIPT lands of this deck aren't really that interactive/fun, but with mana being the way it will be post-rotation, there's not a lot I can really do about it. It is what it is, and I did what I could to make the best of it.

Back