• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[MTG] levelup.t2.dek

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
Years
  • [MTG] levelup.t2.dek (Now with 1000% more removal!)

Meh. I like them a lot, so I figured I'd throw a list together.

-23- Creatures

-3- Hedron-Field Purists
    -4- Kabira Vindicator
    -4- Student of Warfare
    -2- Transcendent Master
    -4- Hada Spy Patrol
    -2- Lighthouse Chronologist
    -4- Venerated Teacher

-13- Other Spells

-4- Time of Heroes
    -4- Oblivion Ring
    -2- Journey to Nowhere
    -3- Training Grounds

-24- Lands

-4- Celestial Colonnade
    -4- Glacial Fortress
    -4- Halimar Depths
    -8- Plains
    -4- Island

Purists seem like a stupid idea, but with Training Grounds, they're a LOT easier to level up and they pretty much screw RDW right over. When your Lightning Bolts do 0 damage, and Ball Lightning swings for effectively 2, it really slows them down.

Vindicator might seem costly, but it's a necessary evil. It's absurdly powerful when online, especially with the Purists. Plus, it boosts Spy Patrol, which will sometimes win games completely on its own.

SoW, Transcendent Master and Lighthouse Chronologist are obvious picks. They're probably the three most powerful levelers in terms of their effects when fully online.

Spy Patrol might have Shroud, but ToH and Vindicator can really help make a difference. One Spy Patrol with a playset of each ToH/Vindicators backing them (never gonna happen realistically, but bear with me here) can deal 19 unblockable damage each turn.

And Venerated Teacher needs no introduction. He is the reason Levellers can get there. He really helps pace your mana when levelling up, because you can just sit 2 levels outside of online status, cast him and let the fun happen.

Let me know what you think! =D

Last edited:

Jaegir

Yes
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2015
    At the prerelease Sealed Deck I didn't have much to choose from in my pool so I secretly traded with others and went with levelers.
    My game winners were

Knight of Cliffhaven (my favorite common from ROE)
    Venerated Teacher (Which I now call rare candy)
    and Regress

I took this deck and put in ZEN and made a WU deck that works in standard.
    I was VERY skeptical about how it would work in standard. But I won just as fast as I did in limited.

That deck looks awesome and I plan on using that in MWS but I personally think Celestial Colonnade will slow things down.
    As for sideboard go with Emerge Unscathed and Brave the Elements

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Knight is too clunky in my deck. While T1 Training Grounds > T2 Knight > T3 2/3 > T4 Serra Angel is nice, it's better when I can use the mana on other, more worth-it levelers.

Lol @ Venerated "Rare Candy" Teacher.

Emerge Unscathed MIGHT replace Eel Umbra just because of Rebound.

But in Limited, yeah, the Knight's pretty bonkers. I went from GU to WU just because I drafted one 8th pick (seriously, wut), and got Wall of Omens 2 picks later (SARSLY WAT).

The Colonnades are rather useful in this deck because of the dual land status and the fact that I have something to spend my mana on after I've got my levelers online.

I was thinking of Enclave Cryptologist, but he's too susceptible to removal, and he's just as fragile as Kazandu Tuskcaller IMO.

Jaegir

Yes
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2015
    you wont get out enough lands to level them up as fast as you want them to.

12 spells
    training grounds makes up 1:3 of your spells. 1:5 chance of getting any spell 1:15 chance of getting training grounds in first hand.

24 creatures
    24 lands
    you will either more or less of what you want. nonbasic lands on the first or second turn slow things down a lot.
    1:5 chance of getting basic/nonbasic land
    2:5 chance of getting land or creature in first hand

So you would roughly draw each time you played:
    2-4 creatures
    2-4 lands
    0-2 spells
    Not guaranteed but its just a estimation

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • I'm now going to drop the Eel Umbras, as they've been doing nothing and they're a mediocre card in general. I don't know what I want more; the card advantage that Cryptologist provides, or the anti-Wrath effect that Negate provides.

Thoughts?

KENNETH, HALP MEH :V

Back