• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[MTG] prismaticprogenitus.edh.dek

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
Years
  • k commander wuteva br0s3ph

So basically, this deck came with the discussion of Extended with my partner in crime, my buddy Brad. We were talking about how a seemingly silly 2-mana enchantment that does nothing to affect the board makes Wargate's cards all live threats. After you resolve it, you literally can't draw dead for the rest of the game (even more Omens is really good against their sideboard hate). So we got to discussing on how Emeria, the Sky Ruin is another card that could have interactions with Prismatic Omen, because if you play a slow control deck with it you can grind advantage out of them. A free Resurrection every turn is nothing to joke about, especially since you can get it active quite early with the right hand.

So, I then got to thinking, "What about Prismatic Omen in EDH?" I got to thinking of all the wacky combinations and interactions it had, and eventually, I came up with this. Enjoy!

-1- General

1 Progenitus

-4- Legendary Creatures

2 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    3 Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
    4 Sakashima the Impostor
    5 Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary

-17- Other Creatures

6 Academy Rector
    7 Karmic Guide
    8 Reveillark
    9 Body Double
    10 Mnemonic Wall
    11 Nirkana Revenant
    12 Puppeteer Clique
    13 Anger
    14 Imperial Recruiter
    15 Eternal Witness
    16 Indrik Stomphowler
    17 Oracle of Mul Daya
    18 Primeval Titan
    19 Seedborn Muse
    20 Terastodon
    21 Duergar Hedge-Mage
    22 Mistmeadow Witch

-15- Sorceries

23 Hallowed Burial
    24 Idyllic Tutor
    25 Wrath of God
    26 Bribery
    27 Damnation
    28 Decree of Pain
    29 Demonic Tutor
    30 Imperial Seal
    31 Profane Command
    32 Genesis Wave
    33 Regrowth
    34 Skyshroud Claim
    35 Sylvan Scrying
    36 Tooth and Nail
    37 Cruel Ultimatum

-6- Instants

38 Enlightened Tutor
    39 Swords to Plowshares
    40 Vampiric Tutor
    41 Krosan Grip
    42 Worldly Tutor
    43 Eladamri's Call

-9- Enchantments

44 Marshal's Anthem
    45 Rhystic Study
    46 Treachery
    47 Phyrexian Arena
    48 Mana Reflection
    49 Prismatic Omen
    50 Vernal Bloom
    51 Mirari's Wake
    52 Sterling Grove

-2- Planeswalkers

53 Koth of the Hammer
    54 Venser, the Sojourner

-6- Artifacts

55 Coalition Relic
    56 Crucible of Worlds
    57 Lightning Greaves
    58 Mimic Vat
    59 Sensei's Divining Top
    60 Sol Ring

-40- Lands

61 Arid Mesa
    62 Badlands
    63 Bayou
    64 Blood Crypt
    65 Bloodstained Mire
    66 Breeding Pool
    67 Cabal Coffers
    68 Emeria, the Sky Ruin
    69 Flooded Strand
    70 Godless Shrine
    71 Hallowed Fountain
    72 Kor Haven
    73 Krosan Verge
    74 Marsh Flats
    75 Misty Rainforest
    76 Nantuko Monastery
    77 Overgrown Tomb
    78 Plateau
    79 Polluted Delta
    80 Sacred Foundry
    81 Savannah
    82 Scalding Tarn
    83 Scrubland
    84 Steam Vents
    85 Stomping Ground
    86 Taiga
    87 Temple Garden
    88 Tropical Island
    89 Tundra
    90 Underground Sea
    91 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    92 Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
    93 Verdant Catacombs
    94 Vesuva
    95 Volcanic Island
    96 Volrath's Stronghold
    97 Watery Grave
    98 Windswept Heath
    99 Wooded Foothills
    100 Yavimaya Hollow

Five colors seems like such a difficult build to make. It really isn't. I built the shell of "land types matter" and slowly cut down. The easiest inclusions were the three basic land types matter lands, Hedge-Mage, Rofellos, Vernal Bloom, the tutors, and Primeval Titan. (For those who don't know, PT and I, we're BFF's in EDH.)

The deck's goal is simple: Get Prismatic Omen and Sterling Grove in play together (Grove is so Return to Dust doesn't wreck me). Ramp lands with Skyshroud Claim, Oracle and Primeval Titan. Win with advantage gained by Emeria, mana gained by Coffers, and burn gained by Valakut.

If somehow Prismatic Omen is removed (Jester's Cap, etc.), the backdoor wincon becomes setting up the Reveillark engine. Body Double, Karmic Guide, Eternal Witness/Imperial Recruiter, Lark, and a blink effect of your choice (Mistmeadow Witch or Venser). From there, you grind them out with the advantage you have. You can get back whatever they've killed, or just in general not die to Wrath or Disk.

For those wanting to make a five-color EDH deck: Play 10 fetches and 20 duals, and then 10 value lands of your choice. Coffers / Urborg is always a strong choice. I chose a double fetchland for Valakut/Emeria/Coffers, Valakut and Emeria because they're just stupid with Prismatic Omen, Monastery because it's the most powerful manland for the manabase, Kor Haven because I play against a lot of Omnath decks, Stronghold for Loaming Shaman / Suffer the Past / Withered Wretch tricks, Vesuva as a strong value land that plays well with Valakut and Emeria, and Hollow to make blocking against creatures easier.

Progenitus can and will kill unsuspecting opponents. Marshal's Anthem or Wake will make him a two-turn clock against my opponents (I play this one mono-white Rebel deck that uses the Animal Boneyard combo to gain 42 million life. We always kill him with general damage, lol).

Blinking is fun with this deck; Terastodon, Primeval Titan, Hedge-Mage and Eternal Witness are my favorite targets.

I perhaps want to fit Priveleged Position in here somewhere. Thoughts?

Be sure to let me know what you think! I appreciate any input, good or bad =)

Kobold Asylum

It's Trolling Time
    Years
  • I run slivers for my Highlander deck. Glad to see someone else play Highlander. Been running 5 colors with slivers. Don't see why it would be a problem.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • The concept seems... awesome.

Does it play well though? It seems like this deck is a bit slow against decks like Clique or Azusa (or Arcum and Zur... though it is likely to do better against Uril and Rafiq) and almost folds to Blood Moon / Magus of the Moon. Sakashima seems not entirely necessary either (what function does it serve?) although it is quite a decent card, I suppose.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Sakashima always is the best creature on board (Sliver Overlord while they're tapped out is always a fun one), we don't play Azusa because none of the group are cutthroat douchebags (we have two Omnath, Chainer, Lin Sivvi, Ezuri, Savra, and my other deck, Scion in our group. Occasionally, we play against the dude playing Rafiq, but it's always unfair because he just wins), but yeah, I do see that Moons screw me over pretty hard. Problem is, mono-red isn't something we run into a lot.

@KA: Manabases, card choices, etc., can be difficult for some people. The only five-color decks I see being ultra-linear are Scion or a Sliver deck, so the choices are a bit easier for those decks.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • The problem with Eldrazi is that you can't run basic lands and have to resort to really bad colorless lands. My friend tried Emrakul...the story behind that deck is, in one game, he cast Emrakul three times...and I'm still pretty sure he didn't win.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • The thing with basics is, when you have all five colors, it becomes so easy to just construct an all-nonbasic manabase, like I have with all of my decks. The only times it's ever been an inconvenience is when my creature's been Pathed, or Extraplanar Lens or Gauntlet of Power was in play.

I need to cut a card for Privileged Position, though. It's a really good card in this deck, since white's spot removal screws the Lark engine, hard. Can I have some suggestions on what card to cut for it? :S

Back