• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[MtG] [t2] [UB] Dredgevine.dek

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
  • Creatures - 32
    4 Bloodghast
    4 Vengevine
    4 Enclave Cryptologist
    4 Merfolk Looter
    4 Hedron Crab
    4 Sedraxis Alchemist
    4 Renegade Doppelganger
    4 Extractor Demon

Other Spells - 6
    3 Mistvein Borderpost
    3 Grim Discovery

Lands - 22
    4 Creeping Tar Pit
    4 Drowned Catacomb
    3 Misty Rainforest
    3 Scalding Tarn
    6 Island
    2 Swamp

Vengevine is teh nuts. Renegade Doppelganger + Extractor Demon = 10 damage for 3 mana (of course plus the Renegade...). Renegade Doppelganger + Hedron Crab = 12 cards off a fetch. Renegade + Vengevine = 8 damage out of nowhere. And the list goes on... Renegade is pretty awesome, yeah. Bloodghast is cheap and an efficient beater that can be brought back for a cheap cost. Sedraxis Alchemist = Into the Roil + 2/2 body, which is great for 3 mana. Looter and Cryptologist tell the Vengevines and sometimes 'Ghasts in your hand to go play in the graveyard and nets you a card as part of the deal. That's about it.

Grim Discovery almost always 2f1s. Due to, y'know, massive milling... =D

No Stinkweed Imp of course. D:

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Standard Dredge V2. I really like it.

Are all the black/blue duals necessary? You could try -1 Mistvein, +1 Verdant Catacombs / Marsh Flats. That way you get absolute maximum value out of the Crabs and have a higher chance at a T2 blowout.

I've been wondering about this deck ever since I saw a post on Brian David-Marhsall's (or maybe Tristan Shaun-Gregson?)'s Twitter going "I'm attacking with two Vengevines in play in Standard. It must be turn 2 again."

It's a lot more of a consistent deck than most realize. o.O

Cirrus

Years
  • Black-Blue duals aren't _necessary_, just good when you hardcast Bloodghast. Comes in handy. Of course I could simply run a B fetch, but with only 2 Swamps I feel safer when I run the duals than when I don't. and Creeping Tar Pits makes for a good 3-mana Lava Spike ._.

Mistvein is actually really awesome, because it makes your landdrops very, very consistent. When you have 2 land and a Mistvein in your hand (or even a fetch sometimes and a Grim!) you're usually decent for mana. Also Mistvein is a U permanent and that helps enable Sedraxis Alchemist in case all your weak guys get killed by removal or something. Really important sometimes.

I've been happy with it; while it may not have anything really as a finisher (other than perhaps Lava Axe for 3 via Extractor Demon, possibly doubled by Renegade), it always gets in there with its hasty recyclable beaters (who knew those Golgari people could do so well with compost?) and its resource management is good, with Cryptologist, Looter, and Grim.

Last edited:

Jaegir

Yes
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2015
    As long as green in there you could always naturalize Layline.

Cirrus

Years
  • Unfortunately Green isn't.

Also, Leyline is difficult to deal with.

Really really difficult.

Back