• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Multi-Disc Network

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
Years
  • Honestly, I couldn't think of a better name for this thread.
    Originally found here:https://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1634.0 this script allows one to exceed the natural limit of RPG Maker's 999 Map limit. with major help from Vendily and NettoHikari we have also allowed for more than the limited 5000 Variables and Switches, and even some of them being synced with all discs(Your choice which ones become synced).
    Paste the script above main.

Auto Version (Novice)
    Spoiler:
    Manual Version(Advanced)
    Spoiler:

For this to work DO NOT INSTALL THIS AS A PLUGIN! also, delete ALL Save Files for your project. To see changes to your project, create an event with the disc changer command and target the map and disc like in the blurb at the top of the script. remember to create a return command in the disc you are warping to.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    This is an awesome script. This could really come in handy for some projects people are doing. (I'm guessing its 999 maps per disc?)
    I guess the concept of creating every region in one game is possible now

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • This is an awesome script. This could really come in handy for some projects people are doing. (I'm guessing its 999 maps per disc?)
    I guess the concept of creating every region in one game is possible now
    Thank you, took a week to turn it into this.
    You are right that it is 999 maps per disc
    and yes, it is now possible to make an all region game with this, since Pokemon Chronicles made by Richard PT has Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and the orange islands in the equivalent of 1 disc.

The better question is, who shall be the first to accomplish that?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Even with this script and that "fixes", map metadata, fly destinations, map connections will run normally? Maybe i will test this and push my game foward in gen 3 style of course. XD Another Question: This works on Essentials v17?

Last edited:

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • Even with this script and that "fixes", map metadata, fly destinations, map connections will run normally? Maybe i will test this and push my game foward in gen 3 style of course. XD Another Question: This works on Essentials v17?

since it's more of an RMXP script it should work on all versions of essentials. with the 3 fixes at the bottom it should fix those 3 problems, but I haven't tested fly yet. Fly is tested, and will work regardless of disk.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Pokeminer20 thx for answer me. But i'm a little confused on how to install this properly:

1- Script goes abose Main, right?
    2- Where and how many folders i must create the folder Disc1 and further?
    3- In what script i should do those "script fixes" in the last part, the script lines below that picture?

Your code to put in the Game_Map script is this:

Code:
    @map = load_data(sprintf("Data/Map%03d.rxdata", @map_id))

And this code is what essentials v17 has:

Code:
    @map = load_data(sprintf("Data/Map%03d.%s",map_id,($RPGVX) ? "rvdata" : "rxdata"))

So, i'm guessing that it will turn this way:

Code:
    @map = load_data(sprintf("Data/%sMap%03d.rxdata", $game_system.disc, @map_id,($RPGVX) ? "rvdata" : "rxdata"))

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • Pokeminer20 thx for answer me. But i'm a little confused on how to install this properly:

1- Script goes abose Main, right?
    2- Where and how many folders i must create the folder Disc1 and further?
    3- In what script i should do those "script fixes" in the last part, the script lines below that picture?

Your code to put in the Game_Map script is this:

Code:
    @map = load_data(sprintf("Data/Map%03d.rxdata", @map_id))

And this code is what essentials v17 has:

Code:
    @map = load_data(sprintf("Data/Map%03d.%s",map_id,($RPGVX) ? "rvdata" : "rxdata"))

So, i'm guessing that it will turn this way:

Code:
    @map = load_data(sprintf("Data/%sMap%03d.rxdata", $game_system.disc, @map_id,($RPGVX) ? "rvdata" : "rxdata"))

to answer your questions:
    1- Yes!
    2- create folder in "Data" and name them "disc#" (# being what disc)
    3- Just use Ctrl + Shift + F amd locate those fixes mentioned below the photo and replace the whole thing. if
    Code:
    works better than what I placed then use that. mine looks like
    Code:
      def setup(map_id)
        @map_id = map_id
      @map = load_data(sprintf("Data/%sMap%03d.rxdata", $game_system.disc, @map_id))
        tileset = $data_tilesets[@map.tileset_id]
    so I'm not sure if it works properly

Years
  • Just like i thought. But all those lines below the image are in the script Game-Map? I've searched for them and that script don't have those lines to substitute. :/

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • the ones to substitute are all over the script in different sections. you just have to determine which section belongs to which script and make sure you copy pase it properly

Years
  • I've checked what scripts sections needs that "fixes", and they are these: PField_Field / PField_RoamingPokemon / Debug_Actions / Editor_Screens / Editor_MapConnectionEditor.

How can i edit the maps metadata, encounters etc?

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • How can i edit the maps metadata, encounters etc?

place the data of the disc you want to edit in the root of the Data folder, run the game like normal and alter those values to your hearts content like you would normally do. once done save your project, exit out of all editor programs, and copy the data back into the disc folder, then run your game.

Years
  • For example:

1- I have 2 copies of the project,
    2- I edit all the stuff needed in a "data map" file and post it back in the main project, right?
    3- Disk 1 maps will have the same number like the main disk, like for ex: Map001, and so on.

But how can a map from Disk 1 can load the metadata from PBS files, if the name of the maps, ID, will be the same? :/
    I must run lots of tests first, i'm still not sure if i use this script, i need info about the maps first. XD

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • so, when you post your project for the public to play, most people remove the PBS files from the official download. how exactly does the data still load when you run the game despite the PBS being missing? simple, the data from PBS is saved to either an .rxdata or .dat file in "/Data" so, what we have to do is tell the script to load from "/Data/disc#" which is exactly what those 3 fixes at the end of the post is meant to do. after we tell the scripts to load from those sub folders, it's as simple as alter the data using the editor and dragging and dropping it into the sub folders

Years
  • After i've madded a new entire region, i was testing this script and i've found some issues about this script:

First to connect the discs i maded an event with this: change_disc(1,2,36,75,2)

when the player is about to enter the map 2 of disc1, this error pops up and crashes the game:
    error14.png

But, if the map has the same name than the existing ones, it will load them both at the same time, and it will be very weird.

So, for the things i've tested and saw, this script can't load maps with different names, names that doesn't exist in disc0.
    In other words, it can't load:

Town map inside the game and town map file from the folder,
    Metadata files,
    Different names from the maps, because it will load the disc0 metadata.

Don't know about the encounters. Because i can't test them.

It is not possible just to make a script to continue the maps ids? Like 1.000, 1.001, etc.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
    Years
  • I believe stuff like that is hardcoded into RMXP, and isn't something that can be changed unless you found a way to rip open the engine and tinker with the decompiled source code. That's such a herculean, borderline impossible, effort, and would be vastly against the Terms of Service.

Years
  • Ok. Now i understand why. The script has potential for fan games yes, but due to that problems that i said, i think that it is kinda "useless"script. Because of that same issues that could ruin the gameplay.

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • Ok. Now i understand why. The script has potential for fan games yes, but due to that problems that i said, i think that it is kinda "useless"script. Because of that same issues that could ruin the gameplay.

First of all, this script is not a "useless" script, and I find that statement very disrespectful. Second, have you tried starting a new game? I guarantee you it will work if you do.
    Third, if you followed each step properly, the maps will not share the same name. that's why metadata, connections, and encounters are included in the script as well, to make them compatible.

Years
  • It's not my intention to be disrespectful or anything like that. If my coment hurts you, then i must apologize you and the others for that. I followed everything to the letter, plus some scripts that i mentioned at that time, which there are not indicated in the post, but you mention that some lines must be changed and that could be in other scripts. Plus i added the new folder called: disc1 like you said, and i paste there the maps + connections + metadata + town map + map infos + encounters of that newly region of mine, and i called the script into an event. Then, i tested the game, by creating a new game using debug. It at first, gaved me some errors and i fix them, but, then the issues i've posted before appears. Through the event that teleports you to that new region, it always give me an error in PField_Field, i don't remember the line now, but it cames somewhere about the map loading thing, which its impossible because the files where there. I created the new region in a fresh copy, then i moved to the main project disc1 folder. But the issues about the town map and the metadata are still there, because it always show me the region where the player came from. Again, It's not my intention to be disrespectful or anything like that and i don't intent to point fingers. I only gaved my opinion about the other comment. Please don't misunderstood things.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    What code do you have on line 602 of PField_Field? There's nothing there in base Essentials v17.2, so I'm not really sure where you're getting the error.

Years
  • Code:
    [SPOILER][COLOR="Green"]#Estas alteracoes requerem outras scripts:
    #Multi-DiscNetwork
    #Game_System
    #Game_map
    #MapFactory
    #PField_Field
    #PField_Encounters
    #PField_RoamingPokemon
    #PItem_Phone
    #PScreen_PokedexEntry
    #Debug_Menu
    #Debug_Actions
    #Editor_Screens
    #Editor_SaveData
    #Editor_MapConnectionEditor
    ################################################################################ 
    =begin
        mapinfos = ($RPGVX) ? load_data("Data/MapInfos.rvdata") : load_data("Data/MapInfos.rxdata")
    =end[/COLOR]
        [COLOR="Red"]mapinfos = ($RPGVX) ? load_data("Data/MapInfos.rvdata") : load_data(sprintf("Data/%sMapInfos.rxdata", $game_system.disc))[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Green"]################################################################################     [/COLOR]    
            oldmapname = mapinfos[$PokemonGlobal.mapTrail[1]].name[/SPOILER]

Green color: It's my "tracking" comments about the script. This way i know what i've changed and what codes the script uses and its places on the scripts.
    Between =begin and =end, its the essentials code.

Red color: Its your code.

Black color: essentials code that was indicated by the error.

Also, when using playtest option, the event transfers the player to a map of the 1st region of disc0 and i get stuck, because its the middle of water or trees. But it is supposed to go to the new map id of disc1. Also, i can't use the debug to warp the player to other maps of disc1, even the town map is from that 1st region of disc0.

I rechecked the whole script additions and changes, but its everything in its correct place. Even in the call script event and files in Disc1. So i don't know the problem, i don't changed anything, i just added and i added the comment things to track the codes like i said above.

Back