• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Multi-Generation "Pick-a-Character" Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Whee, how exciting! This has been cleared by SilverSmeargleSplatter. ^^

[SIZE=+3]✩ POKÉMON PICK A CHARACTER CHALLENGE ✩[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+2]❛MULTI-GENERATION CHARACTER-BASED CHALLENGE❜[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]WHAT IS THIS?[/SIZE]
    Exactly as it says on the tin. In the "Pick-a-Character" challenge, you pick a character from:

● Pokémon Anime (main characters (see the Ash Ketchum Rule below though!), episode-of-the-day characters, main baddies, Elite Four members, Rivals, Gym Leaders, etc.)
    ● Pokémon Manga (main characters, bad guys, Elite Four, Gym Leaders, etc.)
    ● Pokémon Games - NPCs ONLY! (Elite Four, Gym Leaders, Rivals, etc.)

The only stipulation is that the chosen character MUST OWN (be seen to use, capture, etc.) MORE THAN ONE POKÉMON. If you are unsure as to the number of Pokémon your character owns, check their page on Bulbapedia! It's usually pretty good with the Pokémon Owned/Released/Befriended/etc. All of these categories are applicable, aside from the Borrowed category.

[SIZE=+2]REQUIRED[/SIZE]
    You may play this challenge on any of these games.
    GENERATION 1: Pokémon Red, Blue or Yellow. OR. FireRed/LeafGreen.
    GENERATION 2: Pokémon Gold, Silver or Crystal.
    GENERATION 3: Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald.
    GENERATION 4: Pokémon Diamond, Pearl or Platinum.

You may not use GameSharks, Action Replays, or any other cheating devices. Please also try to use original copies of these games.

[SIZE=+2]RULES AND REGULATIONS[/SIZE]
    There is no time limit to acquiring the Pokémon. You may catch them naturally during the course of the game, trade them over as eggs at the beginning of the game, or trade them over from other versions freshly-caught. Try to have all of the Pokémon you need before challenging the E4.
    You may only use up to six of your chosen character's Pokémon. Choose carefully. You may use any HM Slaves you like, but you must keep 4 of your chosen Pokémon on you at any one time. You may also catch wild Pokémon to fill your Pokédex, but don't use them.
    EndGame. All challenges end when you defeat the E4 in your respective game. However, you may extend your Emerald or Platinum challenge to gaining all Gold Symbols/Prints at the Battle Frontiers. If you wish to do your challenge up until this point, please say so on your form. :3
    Legendaries Tho! If your chosen character only uses Legendaries, then he or she is automatically disqualified from the challenge. However, if that person uses other, non-legendary Pokémon, you may choose that character and only use his or her non-legendaries. EXAMPLE: Pirate Pyramid King Brandon uses the three Regis in the Anime, but he also uses Ninjask, Solrock and Dusclops. Therefore, it would be okay to play 'as him', using those Pokémon.
    You may choose your Evolutions. If your character is shown to use a Piplup, Golem and Croconaw, you can play the game with an Empoleon, Geodude and Totodile if you so wish. However, to make the challenge more...challenging, I suggest you go with the evolutions shown on the show / in the manga.
    Names and Genders. From Generation 2 onwards, you may choose to be either male or female, but you must name your Avatar after the character you are playing as. You may use whatever version of the name is native to your country, or any other country. EXAMPLE: Calling "Brandon" (English) "Jindai" (Japanese) instead. You may nickname your Pokémon as well, if that tickles your fancy, and call your Rival whatever you want. :>

The Ash Rule: Ash Ketchum has undoubtedly used more Pokémon than any other character in any other medium, so it would be pretty easy to mix-and-match the perfect team from his Pokémon. Therefore, Ash has been region-locked. You may only use his Kanto, or Johto, or Hoenn, or Sinnoh Pokémon at one time.

[SIZE=+2]AN EXAMPLE[/SIZE]
    I'm going to play this challenge using Paul's Pokémon in Pokémon Pearl. My sign-up sheet looks like this:

CHARACTER: Paul/Shinji, from the Diamond & Pearl series of the Anime.
    GENERATION: IV.
    GAME VERSION: Pokémon Pearl. I will finish at the E4.
    POKÉMON CHOSEN: Turtwig (Torterra), Teddiursa (Ursaring), Murkrow (Honchcrow), Aron (Lairon), Elekid (Electabuzz), Nidoran (Nidoking).
    ANYTHING ELSE? I'll be breeding everyone but Turtwig on my Platinum game and transferring the eggs over to Pearl in exchange for canon fodder.

[SIZE=+2]SIGN-UP SHEETS[/SIZE]
    CHARACTER: Put here which character, from which medium and which generation/chapter/whatever.
    AVATAR NAME: What you will call yourself in-game. Remember, it has to be a version of the character name. Bulbapedia is good with these.
    GENERATION: Which generation of games you will be using.
    GAME VERSION: Which specific game you will be using.
    POKÉMON CHOSEN: The evolution you intend to breed/catch (the character's Pokémon). See above for an example.
    ANYTHING ELSE? Anything else you feel you need to mention.

So there we are! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask, but above all join in, update and have fun! (: Some banners would be keenly welcomed, too. >_>;

[SIZE=+2]PARTICIPANTS[/SIZE]
    • Moriarty in Pokémon Pearl taking on Paul/Shinji [Anime].
    Electabuzz, Torterra, Honchkrow, Ursaring, Nidoking, Aggron.

• Gold122 in Pokémon Emerald taking on May [Anime].
    Blaziken, Skitty, Eevee [any], Venusaur and Squirtle.

• Leafeh in Pokémon Emerald taking on Sapphire [Adventures Manga].
    Aggron, Blaziken, Donophan, Wailord.

• Batmon in Pokémon FireRed taking on Gary Oak [Anime].
    Blastoise, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Arcanine, Eevee, Dodrio.

• AliceBlaze in Pokémon Crystal taking on Crys [Adventures Manga].
    Meganium, Smoochum, Arcanine, Xatu, Parasect, Suicune.

• Eevee-Freak in Pokémon LeafGreen taking on Sakai/Giovanni [Anime].
    Persian, Kingler, Rhydon, Machamp, Golem.

• iLaxbe! in Pokémon Diamant taking on Cynthia [Game / Platinum].
    Garchomp, Lucario, Milotic + Roserade & Gastrodoon [HM Slaves].

Ochigi in Pokémon Platinum taking on Haruka/May [Anime].
    Blaziken, Glaceon, Wartortle, Venusaur, Munchlax, Beautifly.

Gamer691 in Pokémon Yellow taking on Gary [Anime].
    Blastoise, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Pinsir, Magmar, Dodrio.

Mondays Suck in Pokémon Crystal taking on Mandi [Anime].
    Exeggutor, Seadra, Golbat, Pidgey.

Hana~ in Pokémon Platinum taking on Shirona/Cynthia [Anime & Manga].
    Garchomp, Togekiss, Lucario, Spiritomb, Roserade, Milotic.

PokémonLeagueChamp in Pokémon Pearl taking on Red [Adventures Manga].
    Pikachu, Espeon, Charizard, Venusaur, Blastoise, Snorlax.

Harry Blue5 in Pokémon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition taking on Ash Ketchum [Anime / Kanto].
    Bulbasaur, Charizard, Pikachu, Squirtle, Butterfree, Kingler.

● Skarmory in Pokémon Diamond taking on Cyrus [Game / Platinum].
    Houndoom, Crobat, Gyarados, Honchkrow, Weavile.

Fire Wolf in Pokémon Crystal taking on Ash Ketchum [Anime / Johto].
    Typhlosion, Donphan, Heracross, Snorlax, Kingler.

● Arishoz in Pokémon FireRed taking on Corey [Anime / First Movie].
    Venusaur, Pidgeot, Scyther, Hitmonlee and Rhyhorn.

● Sora247_2009 in Pokémon Platinum taking on Ash [Anime / Sinnoh].
    Torterra, Ambipom, Floatzel, Staraptor, Garchomp, Pikachu.

Cardwell74 in Pokémon Diamond taking on Pearl [Adventures Manga].
    Infernape, Chatot, Luxray, Buizel, Diglett, Tauros.

● gunjackSmoker in Pokémon FireRed taking on Drake [Anime].
    Ditto, Onix, Electabuzz, Gengar, Venusaur, Dragonite.

● Stavross in Pokémon Pearl taking on Paul/Shinji [Anime / DP].
    Torterra, Chimchar, Electabuzz, Magmortar, Weavile, Stantler.

● ~Hot n' Cold~ in Pokémon Blue, Silver, Sapphire and Platinum taking on Roxanne [Game / Emerald].
    [Future]
    Aerodactyl, Omastar, Golem, Kabutops, Steelix, Nosepass.

[SIZE=+2]PARTICIPANTS WHO HAVE WON THE CHALLENGE!
    [/SIZE]
    • Ochigi in Pokémon Platinum taking on Haruka/May. Congratulations!

We also have Ochigi to thank for some banners :D Place these in your signature when you have completed the challenge if you want to!

Last edited:

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
    Hmph.. sounds like fun. I think i'll try it when i have more time.
    Please try not to use Pokémon FireRed/LeafGreen, or HeartGold/SoulSilver unless you don't have RBY or GSC. Originals are best!
    Hmm.. i don't think so. It's more interesting to see old characters exploring new lands like Sevii. And i can't stand those PC and summary systems from RBY, it's impossible.

I think i'll sign my form later, then. But it sounds like fun, as i said.

Years
    Hmph.. sounds like fun. I think i'll try it when i have more time.Hmm.. i don't think so. It's more interesting to see old characters exploring new lands like Sevii. And i can't stand those PC and summary systems from RBY, it's impossible.

I think i'll sign my form later, then. But it sounds like fun, as i said.

That's a good point, I forgot about the nightmare of the PC systems in RBY. I'll take that clause out, thanks for the reminder! (:

Emotion.

Mentally Burning Rainbow.
    Years
    This quite a good idea, I'm tempted to have a go myself, just need to pick a character, I'm tempted to pick Dawn.
    Ohh, one other thing, is it okay to pick pokemon "In Training", such as her Ambipom?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Can you be a character from the PokéSpe manga? :3

Years
    This quite a good idea, I'm tempted to have a go myself, just need to pick a character, I'm tempted to pick Dawn.
    Ohh, one other thing, is it okay to pick pokemon "In Training", such as her Ambipom?

Yes, it's any Pokémon the character is seen to have owned, whether or not they battle with them or do contests with them or just have them for companionship or whathaveyou. :3

Can you be a character from the PokéSpe manga? :3

Quote from the OP:

* This includes both the Pokémon Special/Adventures and other titles such as Diamond and Pearl Adventure!, etc. Please be specific when stating which Manga you are taking a character from.

So yep! (:

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years
    CHARACTER: May from R/S/E Anime
    GENERATION: III

GAME VERSION: Emerald
    POKÉMON CHOSEN: Torchic(Blaziken),Skitty, Eevee(Any Evolution, she uses Glaceon,I might use Vaporeon), Bulbasaur(Venusaur), Squirtle

ANYTHING ELSE?:Will trade eggs from FR to Emerald

Years
    CHARACTER: May from R/S/E Anime
    GENERATION: III

GAME VERSION: Emerald
    POKÉMON CHOSEN: Torchic(Blaziken),Skitty, Eevee(Any Evolution, she uses Glaceon,I might use Vaporeon), Bulbasaur(Venusaur), Squirtle

ANYTHING ELSE?:Will trade eggs from FR to Emerald

Hurray, our first sign-up! You have been added to the participants section which I just added myself, knew I was forgetting something durr, thank you for participating and good luck!

Emotion.

Mentally Burning Rainbow.
    Years
    CHARACTER: Dawn (Anime)
    GENERATION: IV
    GAME VERSION: Platinum
    POKÉMON CHOSEN: Piplup (Will not Evolve), Buneary (Will not Evolve), Cyndaquil (Not Evolving), Pachirisu, Swinub (Evolve to Mamoswine), Aipom (Evolve to Ambipom).
    ANYTHING ELSE? Keeping all pokemon as she had them. :)

Hope it's okay using a ROM, don't wanna really be re starting my Pt :P

Years
    CHARACTER: Dawn (Anime)
    GENERATION: IV
    GAME VERSION: Platinum
    POKÉMON CHOSEN: Piplup (Will not Evolve), Buneary (Will not Evolve), Cyndaquil (Not Evolving), Pachirisu, Swinub (Evolve to Mamoswine), Aipom (Evolve to Ambipom).
    ANYTHING ELSE? Keeping all pokemon as she had them. :)

Hope it's okay using a ROM, don't wanna really be re starting my Pt :P

That's all fine! Thank you for participating and good luck! (:

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    I might do this and be that guy Tracy, I haven't watched the show in years and that's the only guy I remember.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    Wait I change my mind to be Gary M*********** Oak (I looked up the pokemon he used for the first couple of seasons)
    GENERATION: I
    II
    GAME VERSION: Fire Red
    POKÉMON CHOSEN:
    Blastoise, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Arcanine, Eevee, Dodrio
    ANYTHING ELSE?: All
    pokemon will be easy to get, except for Arcanine and Dodrio who I will have to trade.

Years
    Wait I change my mind to be Gary M*********** Oak (I looked up the pokemon he used for the first couple of seasons)
    GENERATION: I
    II
    GAME VERSION: Fire Red
    POKÉMON CHOSEN:
    Blastoise, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Arcanine, Eevee, Dodrio
    ANYTHING ELSE?: All
    pokemon will be easy to get, except for Arcanine and Dodrio who I will have to trade.

That is all fine, you have been added to the Participants Roster. Thank you and good luck!

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    CHARACTER: Crystal from the Adventures Manga
    GENERATION: II
    GAME VERSION: Crystal
    POKÉMON CHOSEN: Chikorita (Meganium), Smoochum (Not evolving), Growlithe (Arcanine), Natu (Xatu), Paras (Parasect), Suicune.
    ANYTHING ELSE? Most Pokemon should be easy to get early in the game and I won't have to trade (I can't anyway because I'll be playing a ROM - I hope that's ok).

Years
    CHARACTER: Crystal from the Adventures Manga
    GENERATION: II
    GAME VERSION: Crystal
    POKÉMON CHOSEN: Chikorita (Meganium), Smoochum (Not evolving), Growlithe (Arcanine), Natu (Xatu), Paras (Parasect), Suicune.
    ANYTHING ELSE? Most Pokemon should be easy to get early in the game and I won't have to trade (I can't anyway because I'll be playing a ROM - I hope that's ok).

That is all fine, and it's great to see someone using a character from Adventures! I've added you to the Participants Roster; good luck!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back