• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Multiple Bike Speeds

Years
  • I have it so the graphic of the player on their bike changes depending on which Pokemon they have first in their party. If Rhyhorn is first, they'll be riding Rhyhorn instead of their bike. I'm trying to make the speed of the bike change depending on which Pokemon is first in the party and am having no luck. This is what I thought would work.

In the Walk_Run Script
    Code:
     def update
        if !moving? && !@move_route_forcing && $PokemonGlobal
          if $PokemonGlobal.bicycle 
            @move_speed = $RPGVX ? 5 : 5
          elsif $PokemonGlobal.bicycle && $Trainer.pokemonParty[0].species==PBSpecies::RHYHORN
            @move_speed = $RPGVX ? 9.5 : 9.2         
          elsif $game_switches[291]
            @move_speed = $RPGVX ? 6.5 : 5.2       
          elsif pbCanRun?
            @move_speed = $RPGVX ? 6.5 : 4.8
          else
            @move_speed = $RPGVX ? 4.5 : 4.0

end
          end
        update_old
      end
    end

That's not working. I assumed this was the right section to edit. Is this just not the way to go about this?

Years
  • $Trainer.party
    not $Trainer.pokemonParty
    Edit Again:
    Figured it out. Thanks for the tip Mej71

Edit:
    I changed it to
    Code:
     if $PokemonGlobal.bicycle && $Trainer.party[0].species==PBSpecies::RHYHORN
            @move_speed = $RPGVX ? 9.5 : 9.2
    and the speed changes when riding the Pokemon, but it stays even after getting off the bike.

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    $Trainer.party[0] could very well be an egg. $Trainer.pokemonParty specifically excludes eggs. What you had originally worked (although you put it on the wrong line).

Back