• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Multiple Different Questions, Specifically New Pokemon

Luigifan2010

Core God
Years
  • Hi guys, I've experimented alot with Pokemon Rom Hacking (GBA Specifically) over the years. I've replaced pokemon, replaced sprites, made a couple maps etc. I think I'm finally ready to actually do something with my little bit of knowledge. So I've got a couple questions to ask. My apologies if these have already been answered, I did a google search for most of these and nothing really helpful came up.

1. Is there an "All In One" recommended set of tools? I'm not sure what's changed since ~2010-2011ish
    2. How far have we come on Emerald hacking? I'd really like to use this as a base for hack to add new Pokemon and stuff, can you edit animations or even just assign existing ones? Can you even add Pokemon at all to this rom? I came across this thread [Can't post links so its called " [Tutorial] Guide to add new Pokemon without replacing, the easy way" but I'm not sure how much of it works on Emerald if at all
    3. As far as scripting goes, any recommended tutorials? I've done a little bit but not enough and I really want to learn the basics from scratch.
    4. Even if you do get custom pokemon inserted, will tools like (I believe its PokeCryGUI or something like that) recognise these new pokemon and allow you add/edit cries for them?
    I'm not really looking to team up with anyone either, I've seen some people recommend that. The reasoning is that I want to be able to pick this up as I please, hence why I want to do this by myself.

I appreciate any and all help guys, if I didn't mention it before I'm going to mention this again: I haven't been in the GBA Pokemon hacking scene since about 2010-2011ish :)

Thanks in advanced,

Mike

Back