• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Multiple playthroughs?

Years
  • Does anyone els do multiple simultaneous playthroughs at a time? I am currently doing black 2, white 2, and pearl and might start a black one. Anyone else do this?

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2016
    Yea sometimes, but not on purpose. I finished up my White and White 2 playthrough as well as my SS one for X and Y.

Sirfetch’d

Never. I really don't like doing simultaneous playthroughs of games because it can be a bit annoying having to keep up with multiple story lines at once as well as the fact that it takes up extra time. I would much rather play through one game and enjoy each minute of it. I can concentrate on the storyline, the Pokedex, and my team so much better if I am not trying to keep both games at an even pace. Currently I am playing my X version and I plan to complete it fully before I even think about starting Y.

Years
  • I'm basically in the same boat as Chase there. I usually like focusing on one game at a time, right now it's Black 2 which I will continue playing until I eventually get X and Y.

Years
  • I usually focus on one game but recently I have been getting bored of the games very easily. I haven't picked up pearl for a while and started playing white 2. Got bored of that and started black 2. Then I just started black. I will probably go back to white 2 soon, but for now I'm on black.

Years
  • Playing the same game multiple times gets very boring, so I try not to play through it too many times simultaneously.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I am doing multiple playthroughs at the same time as well. Also, I don't mind playing the same game twice, sometimes even twice in a row.

X and Y were released right in the middle of my Generation IV marathon. As of now, at the same time when I'm starting X, I'm almost finished (except for Pokédex completion of course :) ) with both HeartGold and SoulSilver, and have just started a new game of Pearl. I finished Diamond, and I'll start Platinum as soon as I complete Pearl.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I do multiple playthroughs but that's only to multitask, say, a game I've already finished and a brand new one. I'd never multitask two new games since that's just too intense but I would multitask two already finished ones to overhaul my nostalgia. In that respect I've a soft spot for multiple playthroughs.

PS - I personally do not recommend playing more than three games at a time because it wouldn't be fun and you wouldn't finish all of them in time.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • I have attempted to do simultaneous runs a few times, but it never works out.
    I always end up having more fun with one run than the other, and in the end i stop playing the one that was less exciting. Unless im doing challenges, then changing it up every now and then is a good thing

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • I used to do multiple playthroughs because of certain challenges over in the challenge thread, but now I've stopped doing that because you have to go through the dialog again and again which gets more repetitive and boring the more times you reset. I wish there was a button to skip the entire dialog (Apart from certain occasions where you'll need to answer questions), rather than having to mash A all the time.

Years
  • I've gotten back to white 2. I guess I don't really do multiple play throughs at the same time because I always focus on one and let all the others take the back seat.

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
    Years
  • I thought you meant doing more than one playthrough of the same game when I read the thread title, in which case I would have to agree.

However, I can never do more than one at the same time because I either get distracted or I spend way too much time and attention on one and neglect the others.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2013
    Not if there's a new game, but after I have finished the new one and explored the endgame a bit I move on to an older game. I just finished Y, it looks like another HeartGold play through is in my future.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
    Years
  • It depends. Usually, I get bored of a game and move on to another.

However, if a new game comes out (like X for example) I usually stop all of my current playthroughs and spend most of my time on the new game.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I do... Mostly because I'm bad at finishing one playthrough :D I'm currently near the end of FireRed (before E4, but at the same time I'm somewhere around the ~3 badge in Black and I don't even remember where I am in Emerald. I just love starting new playthroughs but I lack patience to finish them, usually. Oh, right, and Platinum also. I'm somewhere in the middle-beginning there.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    I've "finished" Soulsilver and Black, but in both I'm at the point where I can challenge the Elite Four for the second time, so I'll work on training my Pokemon in one game for a few days, then switch to the other game.
    After I'm done re-beating all the Elite Four and Gym Leaders again I think I'd really like to be able to send my Pokemon from Soulsilver to Black and restart Soulsilver. But I'm not really sure about it though, because I don't want my favourite team members to just chill in the PC Boxes. . . Hmm. . .

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2013
    I only do it if I didn't spend that much time raising teams in that game, unless it's from an emulator then that's a whole different story.

Years
  • I do... Mostly because I'm bad at finishing one playthrough :D I'm currently near the end of FireRed (before E4, but at the same time I'm somewhere around the ~3 badge in Black and I don't even remember where I am in Emerald. I just love starting new playthroughs but I lack patience to finish them, usually. Oh, right, and Platinum also. I'm somewhere in the middle-beginning there.
    That's is exactly how I am. It was worse when I was younger because all I had was diamond and emerald so I didn't have many options so I would just restart when I got bored of the game.

Back