• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Multiple save files 2.2

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2016
    Hii this script is amazing, but i have one problem. I am using the v15.1, the latest (in the post you say that this script works v13+). I have replaced all the files that you say but when i click in New game, appears that:
    Exception: NameError
    Message: uninitialized constant PokemonLoad::RESTRICTSAVEACCESS
    PScreen_Load:639:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
    PScreen_Load:490:in `loop'
    PScreen_Load:867:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
    Main:6:in `main'
    Main:49:in `mainFunctionDebug'
    Main:27:in `mainFunction'
    Main:27:in `pbCriticalCode'
    Main:59
    Main:58:in `loop'

Can you help me? Thanks!!

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    I'm getting 2 errors when using this script in Essentials v14;
    - The first error is that the game window is half the size of that set in the Settings script. EDIT: Fixed; I removed the option to change screen size, yet your PokemonSystem code didn't take this into account causing the first option to be selected.
    - The second error is a crash when I click on "Other Save Files". It gives the following error message:
    Spoiler:

Besides that I was wondering if it's possible to allow players to name the save files. It might be a nice feature to add.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm getting 2 errors when using this script in Essentials v14;
    - The first error is that the game window is half the size of that set in the Settings script. EDIT: Fixed; I removed the option to change screen size, yet your PokemonSystem code didn't take this into account causing the first option to be selected.
    - The second error is a crash when I click on "Other Save Files". It gives the following error message:
    Spoiler:

Besides that I was wondering if it's possible to allow players to name the save files. It might be a nice feature to add.

Well, I fixed the first part, I managed not to notice that lol. But, I'm a bit confused on your second error. The code is this second line

Code:
    if safeExists?(newsavecheck)
                t=File.mtime(newsavecheck)

I can't seem to reproduce your error. But, see, you shouldn't reach that second line if the file doesn't exist, so I have no idea how this would happen. Unless you managed to delete the file miliseconds after the check somehow.

I'm honestly opposed to player named things. This is much easier to process the way it is (to include autosaves and stuff, so getting all the files in a directory would be more difficult with regex functions and whatnot). Easy to save and load this way, and I see very little advantage to naming your files. If you want to know what's on them you can just load them.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2015
    Hii this script is amazing, but i have one problem. I am using the v15.1, the latest (in the post you say that this script works v13+). I have replaced all the files that you say but when i click in New game, appears that:
    Exception: NameError
    Message: uninitialized constant PokemonLoad::RESTRICTSAVEACCESS
    PScreen_Load:639:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
    PScreen_Load:867:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
    Main:6:in `main'
    Main:49:in `mainFunctionDebug'
    Main:27:in `pbCriticalCode'
    Main:59
    Main:58:in `loop'

Can you help me? Thanks!!

I'm getting this crash too, the only change to the save/load screen is the ones made in the modified version of mobius' quest journal script, which I combined rather easily with this script (it was only a few lines), other than that, I copied exactly from the pastebin, don't know what's wrong

Years
  • I'm getting this crash too, the only change to the save/load screen is the ones made in the modified version of mobius' quest journal script, which I combined rather easily with this script (it was only a few lines), other than that, I copied exactly from the pastebin, don't know what's wrong

You both skipped an important step in the instructions. At any rate, I'm taking the security stuff out of this soon. It's rather useless, and seems to do more harm than good.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2015
    You both skipped an important step in the instructions. At any rate, I'm taking the security stuff out of this soon. It's rather useless, and seems to do more harm than good.
    Oh, duh, don't know how I missed that. And I do think the security feature should be removed, at least from this script, it might be more useful as a separate script

After I did the last step, I started getting this error:
    [EOFError, "End of file reached", ["Section049:2138:in `oldload'", "Section049:2138:in `load'", "Section133:535:in `pbStartLoadScreen'", "Section133:516:in `open'", "Section133:516:in `pbStartLoadScreen'", "Section133:490:in `loop'", "Section133:869:in `pbStartLoadScreen'", "Section173:21:in `main'", "Section173:75:in `mainFunctionDebug'", "Section173:53:in `mainFunction'", "Section173:53:in `pbCriticalCode'", "Section173:53:in `mainFunction'", "Section173:85", "Section173:84:in `loop'", "Section173:93"]]
    If RESTRICTSAVEACCESS is set to true, it will tell me it's a copied save file after this, which it isn't and won't let me start the game, but if it's set to false, the error still shows up, but you can still play

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oh, duh, don't know how I missed that. And I do think the security feature should be removed, at least from this script, it might be more useful as a separate script

After I did the last step, I started getting this error:

If RESTRICTSAVEACCESS is set to true, it will tell me it's a copied save file after this, which it isn't and won't let me start the game, but if it's set to false, the error still shows up, but you can still play

From the initial post
    Important note: Previous game files will not work if you use the new secure feature, and they will have to be deleted and restarted. Please tell your players not to delete or edit the file Seed.dat if you use the secure feature, as this will render their game data unplayable in your system. This file is read only, so you won't do it on accident.

It's in bold even.

Savordez

It's time to end fangames.
    Years
  • The "pbCheckForSeed" part in Main is causing errors. I deleted it and now it runs like normal. Did I actually fix it or screw things up even more? Also, the Other Save Files crash Badhaas is getting happens to me too.

EDIT: Okay, I noticed the error in question is slightly different:
    Code:
    Exception: Errno::ENOENT
    Message: File C:\Users\Joni\Saved Games/Pokémon_ Uncensored Edition/Game.rxdata not found.
    PScreen_Load:649:in `mtime'
    PScreen_Load:649:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
    PScreen_Load:856:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
    Main:21:in `main'
    Main:74:in `mainFunctionDebug'
    Main:52:in `mainFunction'
    Main:52:in `pbCriticalCode'
    Main:84

Last edited:
    Years
  • The "pbCheckForSeed" part in Main is causing errors. I deleted it and now it runs like normal. Did I actually fix it or screw things up even more? Also, the Other Save Files crash Badhaas is getting happens to me too.

EDIT: Okay, I noticed the error in question is slightly different:
    Code:
    Exception: Errno::ENOENT
    Message: File C:\Users\Joni\Saved Games/Pokémon_ Uncensored Edition/Game.rxdata not found.
    PScreen_Load:649:in `mtime'
    PScreen_Load:649:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
    PScreen_Load:856:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
    Main:21:in `main'
    Main:74:in `mainFunctionDebug'
    Main:52:in `pbCriticalCode'
    Main:84

Yes, that line was supposed to have been removed, I had removed it now. Apologies.

As for the second error, I am still completely unable to replicate it. The error doesn't even make sense

Code:
              hasauto=(safeExists?(newautosavecheck))?true:false
              if hasauto==true
                  t=File.mtime(newautosavecheck)
                  autosavetime=t.strftime("%c")
                else
                  autosavetime=""
              end
              [COLOR="Red"]t=File.mtime(newsavecheck)[/COLOR]

The red line is where your error is occuring, the error says the file does not exist. However, the line
    Code:
    already checks if the file exists, so it should not even reach that line. If someone who can actually get this error wants to help me figure it out, that would be great. Maybe a conflict with Wine?

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • Yes, that line was supposed to have been removed, I had removed it now. Apologies.

As for the second error, I am still completely unable to replicate it. The error doesn't even make sense

Code:
              hasauto=(safeExists?(newautosavecheck))?true:false
              if hasauto==true
                  t=File.mtime(newautosavecheck)
                  autosavetime=t.strftime("%c")
                else
                  autosavetime=""
              end
              [COLOR="Red"]t=File.mtime(newsavecheck)[/COLOR]

The red line is where your error is occuring, the error says the file does not exist. However, the line
    Code:
    already checks if the file exists, so it should not even reach that line. If someone who can actually get this error wants to help me figure it out, that would be great. Maybe a conflict with Wine?

The error as to do with the accented name folder in the file path, for whatever reason .mtime doesn't like that.

Years
  • Okay, so thanks to ~JV~, I've added at least a workable fix for the error Savordez and Badhaas. File.mtime has issues with non-English characters even in the newest version of Ruby, so I really don't know how to fix it for real. This fix is just a rescue that uses the current time instead of the file's mtime. So, time won't be accurate, but at least it's playable.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    hi :D! i add this script to my game and it work,

Spoiler:

but when i select "other save files", the show me other saves, but i cant see the name of the save, only show me the space , like this :S

Spoiler:

this should be like this ?
    I was not supposed to display the name of the saved game

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    still unseen display the names of the others saved game :s , i used the printabled version :S , i am using pokemon essential v15.1

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back