• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Chit-Chat

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    Getting a little spammish...?

Metal's OK, but I find it incredibly boring; I don't mind some metal/metalcore (Atreyu, for example, is good), but most metal that I've heard is pretty much screaming, there aren't many melodies to speak of and it's the music that counts for me.

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    I don't mind any music really, as long as it's good ! xD

Kim

Years
    blackhaert said:
    [SIZE="-7"]

Meh, I listen to metal, and I listen to it for the music...not the image...and I'm like the only person around here that I know of that listens to that kind of stuff...I dun do it to look cool, I just like it... Most of the people that are into any rock at all either listen to only classic stuff, or think that "Hawthron Hights is t3h kewlest bannd evar!".

What kind of metal are you guys talking? I listen to stuff like Dimmu Borgir, Emperor, Cradle of Filth (really commercial these days, but still), Cannibal Corpse, Messhugah, Metallica (older stuff, the only song that caught me from the Black Album onward was Enter Sandman), Anthrax, Lacuna Coil, Testament, Slayer, Arch Enemy, and other stuff. A big blend of bands. What about you peeps? o.o

Recently I've been listening to 4 bands constantly...Tool, Nirvana, Marilyn Manson, and Alter Bridge.[/SIZE]

All those bands, he listens to. Especially Cradle of Filth...we had to listen to that in the car yesterday. Ugh. That man really should continue smoking and just die.

Only stuff I like outta your lists are Metallica, Anthrax, Lacuna Coil, and every now and again, some old-school Slayer.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    blackhaert said:
    [SIZE="-7"]

Meh, I listen to metal, and I listen to it for the music...not the image...and I'm like the only person around here that I know of that listens to that kind of stuff...I dun do it to look cool, I just like it... Most of the people that are into any rock at all either listen to only classic stuff, or think that "Hawthron Hights is t3h kewlest bannd evar!".

What kind of metal are you guys talking? I listen to stuff like Dimmu Borgir, Emperor, Cradle of Filth (really commercial these days, but still), Cannibal Corpse, Messhugah, Metallica (older stuff, the only song that caught me from the Black Album onward was Enter Sandman), Anthrax, Lacuna Coil, Testament, Slayer, Arch Enemy, and other stuff. A big blend of bands. What about you peeps? o.o

Recently I've been listening to 4 bands constantly...Tool, Nirvana, Marilyn Manson, and Alter Bridge.[/SIZE]

I'm not into much metal. I listen to a little Lacuna Coil every now and then. Nirvana, Manson, and especially Tool are all great bands. XD I can't wait for Tool's new album on May 2nd. The single they just released is awesome!!

Kim

Years
    Lt. Surge's Raichu said:
    Lol Cradle of Filth is awesome and great music, why bother throw dirt at it?

You do realize the world would be a horribly boring place if we were all the same, don't you?

#1. The man is too concerned about sounding like Marlboro's #1 spokesman than really making music.

#2. The man hides behind make-up and clothes meant only to shock.

Hey, you asked.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    I seem to be sliding back from emo into pop-punk again. See, I was into pop-punk first (GC and SP initially, but got over them and into bands like SR-71 and NFG), and got into punk (Bouncing Souls, NOFX etc) through that. I slid to the emo side of punk, still listening to the punk stuff but not so much pop-punk. Now I seem to be going back to my roots, but I'm not into the overcommercial stuff anymore~

Years
    Kim said:
    You do realize the world would be a horribly boring place if we were all the same, don't you?

#1. The man is too concerned about sounding like Marlboro's #1 spokesman than really making music.

#2. The man hides behind make-up and clothes meant only to shock.

Hey, you asked.

Yeh, but 80% if the world today, just listen to the music that is "in" beacause they don't want to take the chance hearing on other music, because they are afraid of being themselves, or they just want to be like everybody else. and when i'm ttalking about music that is "in" it means Green Day, Coldplay, U2, Kelly Clarkson, and all that other stuff, that is getting all the the attention in the media today. The music is not that good, it is just that people today can't take music with some noise and "dangerous" music, and they flee back to the "safe" music, chickens.....

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    The music that gets exposed in the mainstream media is always going to have more listeners. It's a fact of life.

... Music isn't dangerous unless you fall in with the wrong kind of people, in which case you'll probably get shot and die.

Kim

Years
    Lt. Surge's Raichu said:
    Yeh, but 80% if the world today, just listen to the music that is "in" beacause they don't want to take the chance hearing on other music, because they are afraid of being themselves, or they just want to be like everybody else. and when i'm ttalking about music that is "in" it means Green Day, Coldplay, U2, Kelly Clarkson, and all that other stuff, that is getting all the the attention in the media today. The music is not that good, it is just that people today can't take music with some noise and "dangerous" music, and they flee back to the "safe" music, chickens.....

By you saying that, you're one of those 80% you just mentioned. More people use your "logic" than people who actually listen to music for the music.

So what if someone listens to Kelly Clarkson? GOD FORBID they actually LIKE that music. No, no, every single fan of hers is in it for a trend, of course.

I can't help but notice ever Cradle of Filth fan I've ever met grows out of it when a new "anti-something" comes up into the mainstream. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I listen to Black Eyed Peas. Correction: I LOVE Black Eyed Peas. Am I just a big trend-hopper now? Regardless of the fact I've been listening to them since you were still in elementery school.

Face it. Just because something is popular doesn't mean it's only listened to by mindless zombies. That's an extremely immature and ignorant attitude to have.

Maybe the masses aren't attracted to COF because...oh, I don't know, the man presents himself like a disgusting pig? People like to be happy, not depressed by black make-up and depressing lyrics about things most people would rather not engage in.

I hope this is an eye opener for you.

LedZeppelin

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2006
    Today, I was in the subway (I live in New York) and there was this really awesome dude named Mark Nicosia (better known as Shaker Leg). He performed down there and sold his CD. I'm listening to it right now and it's sweet. Ya'll should check out his site: shakerleg.com

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    Kind of difficult when they haven't made a 3rd one yet, unless you count the live one which I don't ;)

I'm kind of over SP; still buy their CDs, but haven't listened to one in months.

Fl0W:HHGURU

Used to be pokEMOn UseR =]
    Years
    i HEART Angels And Airwaves, they consist of Tom Delonge (former Blink 182 guitarist) and a few of his friends! PLz, check them out, you will LOVE them. I soo wanted to see them in concert...but the tickets sold out withing 4 HOURS of them being sold :( Listen to "The Adventure"

Back