• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music is where now?

Furukawa_Nel_Chan

The designs must be cool.
Years
  • It seems like the music of today is only going to be of today and nothing more. Classics of the 70's and 80's still play in movies of today and on good radio shows...people back then could actually sing and dance appropriatley
    Now however it is alllllll about AUTOTUNE
    Can anyone REALLY sing because if you listen close enough, most can't. On top of that, most lyrics aren't there own. Soooo10-20 years from now the autotune shall be "old school" as well
    what do you think the "new" stuff will be?

Althea

[For Sale]
    Years
  • Pop music hasn't changed at all since the time of it's creation: as shown by the Axis of Awesome in this video, the only thing that changes about these songs is their lyrics.

I guess it's a matter of personal preference as to whether or not these people can sing or not. Speaking for myself, I'm not overly keen on popular singers these days, Lady Gaga, Ke$ha etc, but then my music taste is in a completely different area.

I see the new stuff being exactly the same as the old stuff: always singing about love or loss, same four chords, same wild hype before being substituted for the next sensation who will last just as long.

Furukawa_Nel_Chan

Years
  • I'm hating how they're using sounds to replace lyrics. Like la,la,la etc.

I cannot agree with you more!! But I also agree with Althea saying that music will basically all be about the same things as it has always been... It kinda sucks though that it all starts to sound so similar unoriginal...kinda of gross in a lot of senses too

Lashh

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    The kind of music I have a dislike for is all the pop musicians who didn't work hard to get where they are today. This is the kind of autotuned crap that I consider a disgrace to my ears. Seriously, all it takes to get popular is a catchy beat and lyrics someone else wrote in a verse-chorus-verse-chorus-dynamic-chorus formula.

Although the song formula set up mentioned above is a rather mainstream one used by many artists spanning across many genres, as a musician myself I can directly relate to how differently the music can be made. You can have your Justin Bieber autotune crap, and you can have some real music played from the heart. Which is the only music I listen to, mainly metalcore music haha.

All and all, I think music is still going to conquest in many different directions, which is something that makes it great as a whole. Music that's real and from the heart will never fade, nor will the overbearing popular music. But, that's just how the beat goes, right? haha

Furukawa_Nel_Chan

Years
  • The kind of music I have a dislike for is all the pop musicians who didn't work hard to get where they are today. This is the kind of autotuned crap that I consider a disgrace to my ears. Seriously, all it takes to get popular is a catchy beat and lyrics someone else wrote in a verse-chorus-verse-chorus-dynamic-chorus formula.

Although the song formula set up mentioned above is a rather mainstream one used by many artists spanning across many genres, as a musician myself I can directly relate to how differently the music can be made. You can have your Justin Bieber autotune crap, and you can have some real music played from the heart. Which is the only music I listen to, mainly metalcore music haha.

All and all, I think music is still going to conquest in many different directions, which is something that makes it great as a whole. Music that's real and from the heart will never fade, nor will the overbearing popular music. But, that's just how the beat goes, right? haha

yeah there will be music from the heart always because people like you are willing to actually show talent to the world and bring the autotuned stuff to a certain halt. Did you actually know there are the VOCALOID that are voice programs which sing? They also have them sing "in concert" but they are actually holograms! I am ashamed because I thought this was pretty cool...
    However! I balance my music: I like classical, SOME rock, Japanese Pop and rock, and the VOCALOIDs
    what about everyone else?

Lashh

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    yeah there will be music from the heart always because people like you are willing to actually show talent to the world and bring the autotuned stuff to a certain halt. Did you actually know there are the VOCALOID that are voice programs which sing? They also have them sing "in concert" but they are actually holograms! I am ashamed because I thought this was pretty cool...
    However! I balance my music: I like classical, SOME rock, Japanese Pop and rock, and the VOCALOIDs
    what about everyone else?

I have a pretty alright balance with my musical choices. I'm not gonna lie, while a lot of rap out there is autotuned and mainstream, there is another side to rap music that isn't all mainstream. Aka hood rap, the stuff that bumps hard with skill. Like Tech N9ne, 2Pac, Twista, Luda.

Other than some rap, the only other non-metal music I listen to in my balance are some rock bands like Rise Against, Paramore, Sum 41, Green Day, Sublime, Nirvana, just some stuff like that.

That's about it for non metal music. When it comes to metal music, I don't really have a favorite. There's so much to metal I listen to that stands out, and it's all really my favorite. Like, there's Whitechapel, a deathcore band from Tennessee that hits heavy and hard. Then there's Eyes Set To Kill, a metalcore act from my home state.

I could honestly go on all day about all the music and the metal that I love and why I love but, but I'm just going to end this post by saying that while I don't like the direction music is going in the pop sensation, I will always hold confidence that metal will stay here with its ever lasting mark and show just one of the true sides to music.

Furukawa_Nel_Chan

Years
  • I tried metal once and I will have to see it is all right. If I went deeper into it though, I would say that the bands have great guitar, bass, and drumming skills compared to some of the others out there. When there is an elongated beat that keeps up the tempo going faster and faster, you have to make sure you don't make mistakes and thats really cool. This sounds so lame but I think "old school" music had more meaning and was more about FUN then today

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Pop music hasn't changed at all since the time of it's creation: as shown by the Axis of Awesome in this video, the only thing that changes about these songs is their lyrics.
    So that's why Fresh Prince goes with everything.
    I think vocals have changed for the worse over time though; Guy Mitchell is a lot easier on the ears than... well, take your pick.

Can't think what'll come in the future; I guess it'll be more electronic.

Furukawa_Nel_Chan

Years
  • So that's why Fresh Prince goes with everything.
    I think vocals have changed for the worse over time though; Guy Mitchell is a lot easier on the ears than... well, take your pick.

Can't think what'll come in the future; I guess it'll be more electronic.

most definetly. If you haven't seen the VOCALOIDs in concert then you probably wouldn't have known that those concerts were actually holograms, meaning ther performers were hologram anime people who sang voice program songs. Actually kinda cool in a way ^__^

Years
  • It seems like the music of today is only going to be of today and nothing more. Classics of the 70's and 80's still play in movies of today and on good radio shows...

There was much more music on the 60's, 70's and 80's than what you now hear on the radio. As you said, what we still hear from those decades are the classics. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of classics from this decade that will transcend like those.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Pop music is not the only music out there. Althea is correct mostly; although I actually prefer modern pop to old school, but that's just down to personal preference.

The world of music is vast, and there are actually far more bands and genres around now than what there was in past decades. You just need to know where to look. Music is always shifting; maybe pop music is getting better or worse depending on your opinion, but there's so much more going on than what everyone commonly hears about.

Back