• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Music you associate with Memories & Places

Inky

:pleading_face:
Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Music you associate with Memories & Places

This is something that's always fun to think about! I think we all, subconsciously or otherwise, have a tendency to associate music - be that a particular artist, song, or album - with a particular place, or a particular moment in time. I have lots of periods in my life and places I've been that I can vividly connect to specific albums and/or artists I was listening to at the time.

For example, Southern Air by Yellowcard brings back memories of being in Florida with my family almost a decade ago now. Not even necessarily specific ones, just a vibe - a feeling of being present there.

Do you have any music that you associate with specific places and moments in time? Do share 🎵

Years
  • I will think about this properly but you mentioned Florida... Miley Cyrus - Party in the U.S.A. always reminds me of the boat into Disney Springs. Every. Single. Time!

Years
  • Alright let's see. I haven't listened to music as regularly as a lot of y'all so I prolly don't have as much memories to connect them with. However there are some notable ones:

• Another Day by Paul McCartney, If by Bread, Hold the Line by Toto, and High and Dry by Radiohead constantly make me think back to being a toddler, facing my aunt's comically large speaker system and listening along with her while she files her taxes on the dining table.
    • Barely Breathing by Duncan Sheik and Dani California by RHCP reminds me of when my aunt still had a car, and used to always have me on the front seat and let me put the CD in the player. Great memories with her, and soo many artists I like came from her influence.
    • Where Are You Now by Honor Society is my 6th grade carpool ride banger, and I tend think about my elementary friends whenever I hear that song come on~ I can't even remember most of their names anymore sadly :c
    • Reptilia by The Strokes takes me back to being a rather edgy 17 year old who got their first electric guitar and would spend hours everyday in my old bedroom playing it.
    • Playing God and Ignorance by Paramore transport me back to that dingy old practice studio my first band and I ever rehearsed, and then to that dingy little stage we performed on during our uni's big music festival thing <3

Probably so many more, but no doubt these are the super notable ones~

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    You Get What You Give by New Radicals
    This is one of the most important songs I've ever heard. I was driving along, in a really bad depression, thinking I was ready to drive my car off the bridge. I was heading toward it, when this song came on the radio. I listened deeply to the lyrics and the chorus made me cry. I obviously didn't go through with it, headed home, and listened to this song a few more times. I heard it recently, after thinking about it during another bad depression/suicidal ideation spell, and it helped calm me and remember why I wanted to live.
    A little edgy, a little depressing, but this is the main song that brings back memories to me.

I also have an affinity for old anime songs. Very nostalgic. Ready Steady Go by L'arc en Ciel, Fukai Mori by Do As Infinity, We Are by Hiroshi Kitadani, Freckles from Ruroni Kenshin, plus many others.

Last edited:
    Back