• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Musicals

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • In Black and White, the Musicals replaced the Contests that were formerly available in previous games such as DPPt and Hoenn games. You can pick which Musical your Pokemon will perform and after dressing up using the Accessories you obtain throughout Unova, your Pokemon dance. The spotlight rotates from showcasing each of the four "competing" Pokemon, and is able to be "stolen" by a competing Pokemon by the use of a Prop (twirling a baton, etc).

Did you ever participate in Musicals? Do you even like them, and would prefer Contests?

Personally, I liked Contests better because after the Pokemon dress up was finished, I felt like I wasn't even doing anything and there wasn't really a point to the Musical. You don't get Pokemon ribbons, there aren't any Musical ranks, you just do it, and once the Musical's done... it's done. Contests were more interactive and kind of fun once you got the hang of them.

Years
  • Tbh, I don't really like musicals OR contests. Contests always felt way too... I don't know, too orchestrated or something. (especially in DPP with the dancing ugh) Contests in the anime, I'd take part in. They should make a game for that

Back to the topic. I guess I was just always interested in the main adventure over post game and mini game stuff, so musicals and contest never appealed to me too muchm so I've only participated in them a couple times. I'd say musicals are more boring than contests, but only because I never entirely got them. I felt they didn't REALLY explain your goal for the pokemon musical...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I only participated in only 1 musical when I first entered the musical theater, but I didn't do any more after that. The only things you can do there are dress up the Pokemon and try to wave around the props for a good impression and that's boring, IMO.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
  • I really don't mind both musicals are cute and more relaxing as you only have to dress up the Pokemon and the watch how they perform :P

Years
  • I loved participating in the Musicals, even though there was so many backlash towards it.

I currently don't do Musicals right now but it's cute seeing those props on your Pokemon.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • I did one Musical, and it wasn't good. I'll go for the unsaid option and say that I preferred the HGSS Pokeathlon. That was actually kind of fun, but if I had to say contests, I'd say R/S/E contests. The R/S/E contests were definitely much better than the putrid D/P/Pt ones.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Tbh, I don't really like musicals OR contests. Contests always felt way too... I don't know, too orchestrated or something. (especially in DPP with the dancing ugh) Contests in the anime, I'd take part in. They should make a game for that

Back to the topic. I guess I was just always interested in the main adventure over post game and mini game stuff, so musicals and contest never appealed to me too muchm so I've only participated in them a couple times. I'd say musicals are more boring than contests, but only because I never entirely got them. I felt they didn't REALLY explain your goal for the pokemon musical...

I think the goal is to make the looks of your Pokemon match the type of event they're participating at. Kinda like a less complicated way of doing the original contests. :(

But really, it just seems like so much of a waste of time because there is a lack of things we can actually do as far as participation goes. I'd love to have seen more player participation, but oh well!

Back