• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen My bad shiny luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricgrass

I'm a prodigy in progress
Years
  • I am unlcky on shinies because the only shiny I've caught is the red gyrados. the reason I say this is that I have helped a friend catch a shiny tentacools when he was trying to cathc the regi's in emerald while I am shinyless

I say this because on my emerald I found a shiny geodude in team magma's lair but it self destucted :( :(

And today i found a shiny chansey in the safari zone and it ran!! :( :( :( :( :(

These are the reasons I think that either my game hates me or I'm very unlucky

Years
  • how many hours of playtime did you put into the game? it usually takes 80-100 hours of playtime to see a shiny.. altogether, i probaby gave like 350 hours playtime on my games, and i've only seen one shiny. i caught it, but i lost my game a few days after. i've been lookng for three months, and i still can't find my poor sapphire game :(

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
  • Meh,It's only shiney they won't give you any special mystical powers or anything.

next time this should go in shiney discussion at the top of the page.

Years
  • Tch. Chances are 1 in 8192, the only shinies I have are red Gyarados an' a green Golbat, an' I was around when my friend caught a gold Caterpie, but all those are on my emu, no shinies on my real GBA actually. Tch. Paradoxally, if ya want a certain pkmn ta be shiny the easiest shinies ta catch are tha legendaries -- save before ya battle 'em an' with alot o' patience an' luck ya'll get one. ^_^ ...except for Lati@s an' tha 3 dogs that is... which are probably tha hardest ta catch shinies since they're only generated once a game. ^^;;

Well one thing ya should know -- tha more un-shiny pkmn ya meet, tha more yar chances increase of findin' a shiny -- err, it's tha law of average... ^^;;

electricgrass

I'm a prodigy in progress
    Years
  • To answer the time question. on emerald my time is 68:27 but I found the shiny before I beat the E4.my Leaf green time is 17:01 and I only have 4 badges

Sithre

Dark Side Lateralus
    Years
  • In my silver game i had 475hours logged and no shinies! But just last night on my Fire red game i saw my first, in the trainer tower. A green umbreon...

Da Schwarz

Yall Want a Single?
    Years
  • Sithre said:
    In my silver game i had 475hours logged and no shinies! But just last night on my Fire red game i saw my first, in the trainer tower. A green umbreon...

that umbreon is always there in double battle

Sapphire Skitty

Litterally!
    Years
  • It's an espeon, not umbreon.

Anyways, I don't think games can hate people. And the reason you can't catch a shiny is cuz they either die or run, which is nobody's fault but the pokemon's. Just keep trying and I'm sure you'll catch one! ^_^ I only have one shiny; my yellow vulpix. I've also seen a shiny Girafrig in the SF. But if you'v seen two shinies, then you'll see lots more!

totomasta

umm i got nuthin
    Years
  • when i got my ruby on the day it came out just my luck the shiiny i found was before you even get your pokeballs.

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    Yeah that's kinda bad luck. But i've only found one shiny so that's pretty bad too i'm assuming. It's nothing special, just a shiny orangey/redy Cacturne. <_<'

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back