• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

my chemical romance 2

Years
    why call it Mcr 2?

theres only one MCR.
    ^That made me lol.

MCR is a band whose purpose is fooling people with a message that apparently they can't even understand. Their only visible gift is stylizing mediocrity with foolish renegade lyrics, a few distorted guitar chords and hilarious outfits that match with their fake musical concept genius. Or at least thats what I've seen until now. I hope they look in the mirror sometime soon...

But who am I to criticize this band? I barely pay attention to them. Wonder why? All I know is that I'm thankful to them for giving me a good reason not to bear comformity with my current guitarist skills. And that is not exactly a compliment.

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    I joined your club becasue there wasn't too many members at the time, and I kinda felt bad, but My chemical romance has got to be one of the most overrated bands out there today...

I tried to listen to some of their music, but never really had a feel for it, mainly becasue I just can't get into songs that ramble on about nothing...

sorry...

Years
    ^That made me lol.

MCR is a band whose purpose is fooling people with a message that apparently they can't even understand. Their only visible gift is stylizing mediocrity with foolish renegade lyrics, a few distorted guitar chords and hilarious outfits that match with their fake musical concept genius. Or at least thats what I've seen until now. I hope they look in the mirror sometime soon...

But who am I to criticize this band? I barely pay attention to them. Wonder why? All I know is that I'm thankful to them for giving me a good reason not to bear comformity with my current guitarist skills. And that is not exactly a compliment.

I agree with you here, I do have some of their music though, but I listen to anything these days, except rap.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    Its funny, I really can't stand allota bands and music, but I really like some of MCRs songs, specially Welcome To The Black Parade.

Horrorshow

Astrud, astrud.
    Years
    You could prolly do way better than listening to My Chemical Romance. They're not good. And like, the image they are trying to portray (and consequently fail at doing so) does /not/ fit their music.They're going off that angst factor, which is why they're making money, but not good music. D:

If you're feeling adventurous, give "Scary Kids Scaring Kids" a try. Their stuff /kinda/ reminds me of My Chemical Romance, but with far less suck.

Years
    They try to hard in everything and fail at it. Their image is stupid, and the way the lead singer talks/sings makes me lose a couple of IQ points per second. I don't feel like making a fancy criticism of them, so I would usually say that the way that they portray themselves and present themselves with their immature topics (cancer? Come on, it's not that surprising! Everyone dies of cancer these days, so move on!) flushed with pseudo-glam rock immitation of a Bowie-esque (and I say that "esque" with disgust) persona and dramatically failing at it makes me wonder how they are accepted by the media. Oh wait, I just forgot that the general public is usually ignorant and/or stupid. I'm sure you can sell a couple of repetitive power chords accompanied by unecessary screaming and "emotion." Their songs fail to surprise or amaze me, hammering me with weak and powerless hooks, stale guitar riffs, and not to mention the imagery and presentation just makes me want to look away. So no, I don't think they have an inch of good songs. If you even call something that repeats "I'm not okay" or "we carry on" a song. Something so formulaic and so trashy should be banned from our society. Nevertheless, a jackhammer in a construction site proves to be a better musical experience than this. I would still listen to whatever's on the hiphop station than 4 minutes of this.

Also, what I don't understand, is why Muse, a very promising band of our time, decides to open for some trashy band like My Chemical Romance. It defies logic. It's like... Black Sabbath opening for Brittney Spears. Now that's a very accurate analogy of the matter.

edit: Also, I read in your club that you mentioned that
    shinyhunter said:
    there is only two good songs on the cd famous last words and welcome to the black parade
    How is it that this band can be good if even their own fans agree that there's only two good songs in their latest album? (Which means that the rest of the songs are crappy...) That doesn't make sense either if the album is supposed to be "phenominal"

Last edited:
    Years
    It defies logic. It's like... Black Sabbath opening for Brittney Spears.
    Yeah. She seems to imitate the chemotheraphy look, too. What's the jazz with that hairstyle trend?

i didnt make this thread to be bashed by making it
    Don't worry, if there's anything to bash here, it's not you. It'd be the cancerous impersonation and apparent mediocrity of the lead singer of certain band.

Because depressing teenagers is REALLY HARD!
    Not really, 'cause I seem to become depressed everytime they pop up on the radio, if you know what I mean.

Years
    well feel free to post

You did ask us to feel free to post, no? Which means that you're asking for opinions, so voila, opinions galore.

Bombsey said:
    Because depressing teenagers is REALLY HARD!

As far as I know, teenagers aren't in the real world yet. If you call the real world by the term "High School", I'll laugh at you so hard that I'll probably die at the spot from the lack of oxygen. Teenager depression is nothing more than some relationship with some girlfriend or whatnot. Want to get depressed? Go to Africa. Seriously, you guys have it all with iPods, Television, radios, whatnot, while people in Africa barely have anything to eat, or to entertain themselves. Now please, don't use the "depressed teenager" reason, because I think it's been overused.

Now sure, I can emphatize with Gerard Way's father's death, but come on, that's Cancer here, and it's something that almost everyone has experienced, either through themselves, through a relative, or a loved one, so I can't really emphatize with one person dying of cancer, because I already had an uncle, a grandmother, a cousin, and many other more relatives and loved ones who suffered from it. Now if you look at the big picture, go to Africa or Asia. People have lifespans of only 35 there. Everyday, someone dies of hunger or malnutrition, or AIDS, and there's this kid in the radio moping about something that's so individualistic and trying to shove it down our throats when it's not even our own problem. Now if he goes and gives his money to Cancer Research, donate money for AIDS research, and/or just give a small amount to humanitarian work, I'd give props to him. I'd even ignore his music, and probably just give him the quits for now.

Last edited:
    Back