• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Deck:~ Norleras X-Plosion!

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2009
    3 | Skyscourge Norleras
    3 | Despair from the Dark
    3 | Mezuki
    2 | Dark Armed Dragon
    2 | Phantom of Chaos
    2 | Goblin Zombie
    2 | Zombie Master
    1 | Spirit Reaper
    1 | Sangan
    1 | Morphing Jar
    3 | Trade-In
    3 | Allure of Darkness
    2 | Book of Life
    2 | Foolish Burial
    2 | Burial from the Different Dimension
    1 | Monster Reborn
    1 | Heavy Storm
    3 | Phoenix Wing Wind Blast
    1 | Mirror Force
    1 | Torrential tribute
    1 | Crush Card Virus

Dump Norleras via Trade-In, Foolish, Phoenix Wing Wind Blast or Zombie Master, summon Phantom of Chaos, Copy effect, Clear both player's hand + field and remove your Mezuki, or play Reborn/Book of Life's for the Big Beater Despair from the Dark!

Pretty fun deck.. play it a lot :D

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Would consider dropping Despair from this lineup, really. Between it and Norleras, you already have six cards whose only purpose in your hand is to be dumped. Throw in those two DaDs and that makes 1/5 of your deck cards that will be dead in your hand more often than not. Five viable targets should be quite sufficient to sustain those three copies of Trade-In and the less dead weight you have dragging you down while making the setup, the better. This is very rarely an OTKO, so you need to topdeck better than your opponent to make sure they can't fight back. In exchange, I'd suggest maxing out on Zombie Master and Goblin Zombie and throw in a big WTF for why those weren't on max to begin with while I'm at it. Zombie Master provides pre-norleras aggression and dumping outlet and post-norleras it's a very good card to have on your side, because it turns any awkward topdeckyou get into an extra zombie body on your field, meaning that while you have it on your field, you are basically incapable of topdecking badly. Goblin Zombie is deck thinning that gets you to Mezuki quickly and can be played painlessly early on. It's also another reliable topdeck for the post-Norleras scenario. Both make for more generally reliable options than Despair, really.

Also, Plaguespreader needs to be here, imo. In addition to what it usually does for zombies in tuning, it can be used to save a useful card from your Hand from faked Norleras' destruction effect. And again, it is something nice to pull up alongside your Mezukified zombies.

And to be completely honest? Crush Card is really weak here. You only have two viable targets for it (because really, when we play phantom, we want to blow something up), and your gameplan revolves around blowing up everything your opponent has got anyway, so it doesn't really make a very neat fit. Also wondering why you chose to forgo Hand Destruction for this when dumping and deck cycling are both necessary for setting your big move up.

So imo:

-1 Crush Card Virus
    -3 Despair From the Dark
    -1 Phoenix Wing Wind Blast
    -1 Trade-In

+2 Hand Destruction
    +1 Goblin Zombie
    +2 Plaguespreader Zombie
    +1 Zombie Master

Plus the usual synchro lineup. An all-ending explosion is not much good for you if you don't have what it takes to get back on your feet after the field goes boom.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2009
    An all-ending explosion is not much good for you if you don't have what it takes to get back on your feet after the field goes boom.

To live up to the above i need Mezuki's in the grave and Despairs to maintain control..

Plaguespreaders are good, but i don't like them in here besides the point i don't own one yet.

Hand Destruction well,, i just hate that card, tested it in here, dead draw especially after an explosion.

I do agree on your point Crush Card Virus sucks in this, i'll remove it.

I'm going to test this:

- Crush Card Virus
    - Phoenix Wing Wind Blast
    + Cold Wave
    + Cold Wave

Those are hot, in-combo with Despair/Mezuki.

Back