• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My dream spin off

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    The Pokemon franchise has expanded into several different genres. From the main series light RPG style, to the PMD dungeon crawler and the Snap First Person photography game (I know right, what a genre). What genre would you like to see pokemon dip its head into next, and how would you like to see it working?

Schrroms

Pokémon Infinite Fusion dev
    Years
  • My dream Pokemon game is basically what Pokemon Generations was supposed to be. I'm still salty that we'll never get to play it as a full game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'd like to see an MMO (similarly to the game Destiny), in which we are able to take part in multiplayer story-quests, battles, and so forth. In place of NPCs roaming in towns, routes, and cities, we would have actual players. To trade, unless we're looking for something specific, we wouldn't be required to go into Pokémon Centers and use GTS; we would have chance to get it done by directly interacting with the player. All-in-all, I feel this would be a fun experience.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I'd love to see a game that focuses more on the Pokemon Contests, and have those contests be presented like the ones in the anime. (with contest battles and so on)

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I would like to see an MMO on the WiiU or PC. Even better if it had VR support. (: I would love a real-time combat system rather than turn based, kind of like in a traditional MMORPG, where your perspective changes from the trainer directly to the Pokemon that you're using upon entering combat. I'm really surprised it hasn't happened yet.

PokeSnap definitely needs a sequel, too!!!

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    A Pokémon MMORPG doesn't sound too bad. It might be pretty neat if there ever was one. I'd try it out and see if I like it or not. Maybe hopefully in the future it'll happen.

Years
  • Poke'mon Chibi version
    Pikachu Run (mobile)
    Fruit ninja- Poke'mon berry edition
    Action RPG (What's the nerdy term 4 this again?)
    MMO that focuses around Poke'mon fusion
    A mystery dungeon game where u play as a criminal
    Poke'park 3ds
    Pikachu and Agumon at the Olympic games

Last edited:

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Personally for me, it's either a Final Fantasy JRPG-like spinoff for Pokemon, where it's like Pokemon but the battle system resembles Final Fantasy (kinda like the fangame Super Pokemon Eevee Edition), or a racing game.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    A dating sim. C'mon GameFreak.

Another darker console spin-off, much like Coliseum and XD. To differentiate it from the other two, I was thinking of scrapping the turn-based system entirely and switching over to Action-RPG, or at least doing something similar to FFXIII and Tales.
    Suppose you're in a Pokémon battle in this hypothetical game and you (as the MC) send out a Blastoise; at this point, you gain control of said Blastoise as it battles the opponent's Pokémon. You can set one move on each of the face buttons (Earthquake for A, Hydro Pump for B, and so on) and move with the D-Pad. Abilities and items would work as they would in the games. For Double and Triple battles, you can select which Pokémon to control with the start or select button.
    I suppose I wouldn't mind voice acting either.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • A dating sim. C'mon GameFreak.

Another darker console spin-off, much like Coliseum and XD. To differentiate it from the other two, I was thinking of scrapping the turn-based system entirely and switching over to Action-RPG, or at least doing something similar to FFXIII and Tales.
    Suppose you're in a Pokémon battle in this hypothetical game and you (as the MC) send out a Blastoise; at this point, you gain control of said Blastoise as it battles the opponent's Pokémon. You can set one move on each of the face buttons (Earthquake for A, Hydro Pump for B, and so on) and move with the D-Pad. Abilities and items would work as they would in the games. For Double and Triple battles, you can select which Pokémon to control with the start or select button.

I love this :D

As someone who loved Coliseum (I might even say it's my favorite Pokemon game ever), I've been wanting another Coliseum-esque game for forever--one that's essentially the same format as a main series game, but with a darker story and on a console rather than a handheld. I think the ARPG angle would be really cool too, since I think we're long overdue for a Pokemon ARPG! Though, any Pokemon Coliseum-like game would do for me, really~

In terms of things that haven't been done before, I'd like to some sort of sandbox-like open world game. Sort of like what Ben mentioned with Animal Crossing, but I'm thinking of something a bit more along the lines of Harvest Moon, where your daily life is spent taking care of your Pokemon and earning a living, and you can occasionally strike out on adventures and use your Pokemon in battle if you ever feel like it.

Years
  • Pokemon Kart! That would make my life! I'm really surprised it hasn't happened yet actually. Maybe they think it'd be in direct competion with Mario Kart? I think there's room for both though. Saying that though, if an awesome Pokemon Kart existed I'd probably never play Mario Kart again or very little.

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
  • A new Mystery Dungeon that marks the return of Grovyle. A sequel in which someone wants to continue the work of Primal Dialga and return the planet paralysis, in which you have to rescue the world again.

Years
  • I would like to see a game where you play as a member of the evil team and basicly rise to the top, realise that what your doing is wrong and turn it around. I also think a game about being a Gym Leader could be intresting if done right.

Years
  • A dating sim. C'mon GameFreak.

I agree, i mean so many moves by there definition would be so destructive that it would destroy dimensions from absolute zero blast to spatial rends. I would love a pokemon game where some moves would not k/o but cause perma death, like a nuzlocke but not really. Or is that to dark? I just want a spin off game that would cater to the grown up fans :)

Back