• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My emerald team

eeVee.

Go Pochama!
Years
  • This is my team for pokemon emerald:

Vaporeon @ leftovers
    ~Naughty nature
    ~ HP: 347 / Atk: 189 / Def: 158 / SP.Atk: 231/ SP. Def: 181/ Speed: 161
    Moveset:
    ~Toxic, Haze, Ice beam, surf

Flygon @ leftovers
    ~Relaxed nature
    ~HP: 246 / Atk: 211 / Def: 193 / SP. Atk: 183 / SP. Def: 191 / Speed: 186
    Moveset:
    Solarbeam, Sunny day, flamethrower, earthquake

Ampharos @ leftovers
    ~Brave nature
    ~HP: 291 / Atk: 206 / Def: 181 / SP. Atk: 236 / SP. Def: 206 / Speed: 131
    Moveset:
    Rain dance, thunder, toxic, thunderbolt

Arcanine @ leftovers
    ~Lax nature; flash fire
    ~HP: 281 / Atk: 252 / Def: 204 / SP. Atk: 221 / SP. Def. 162 / Speed: 214
    Moveset:
    Extremespeed, sunny day, flame wheel, flamethrower

Kingdra @ [no item]
    ~Jolly nature
    ~HP: 263 / Atk: 217 / Def: 213 / SP. Atk: 197 / SP. Def: 226/ Speed: 204
    Moveset:
    Ice beam, dragonbreath, rain dance, surf

Espeon @ Scope Lens
    ~Hasty nature
    ~HP: 224 / Atk: 169 / Def: 145 / SP. Atk: 285 / SP. Def: 211 / Speed: 269
    Moveset:
    Shadow ball, morning sun, psybeam, psychic

Any suggestions? I use leftovers way too much.. ._.; Also, I have 2x water types, and 2x dragon types.. >_>;

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    You don't need to add stats of your Pokes. EVs would be more helpful. Fixes and suggestions in bold:
    This is my team for pokemon emerald:

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    Moveset:
    - Baton Pass / Toxic
    - Ice Beam
    - Substitute / Surf
    - Wish

I would breed your Vaporeon so it has Wish and Bold Nature. Both will make your Vaporeon MUCH better. It can be a good defensive Poke that can attack well and support your teammates.

Flygon @ Leftovers / Choice Band
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

Moveset:
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast
    - Quick Attack / Screech
    - Rock Slide

Flygon sucks as a special attacker. Avoid the SunnyBeam combo and replace it with a terrific QuakeSlide combo that doesn't need any setup. Quick Attack is an Egg move, but you will want to breed for Adamant anyway. Fire Blast rounds it out rather nicely.

Ampharos @ Leftovers
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
    Moveset:
    - Focus Punch
    - Light Screen /
    Rain Dance
    - Substitute
    - Thunder / Thunderbolt

Don't use two attacking of the same type here. It is redundant and only limits the effectiveness of your Poke. Also, don't use both Sunny Day and Rain Dance on the same team. Counter productive. Pick one (in this case Rain Dance) and build around it. The SubPunch combo would do well here, especially with your big lack of physical attackers. Thunder or Thunderbolt is your preference. Light Screen will support your teammates, as does Rain Dance.

Arcanine @ leftovers
    ~Lax nature; flash fire
    ~HP: 281 / Atk: 252 / Def: 204 / SP. Atk: 221 / SP. Def. 162 / Speed: 214
    Moveset:
    Extremespeed, sunny day, flame wheel, flamethrower

Meh. Arcanine fails here, especially with that moveset. I wouldn't use a Fire-type at all, as they are EXTREMELY over-rated, but if you insist, go with Houndoom instead. Personally, I would go with another physical attacker here.

Kingdra @ Leftovers / Chesto Berry
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

Moveset:
    - Ice Beam
    - Rain Dance
    - Surf
    - Rest / Toxic

Ugh. Fix that nature. Also, don't bother with a weak Dragon move. Go with Rest or Toxic.

Espeon @ Leftovers / Lum Berry
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

Moveset:
    - Bite
    - Calm Mind

- Morning Sun
    - Psychic

Espeon really wants Calm Mind. CM a few times, use Morning Sun to replace any lost HP, and then sweep. With its high base SAtk, Bite would be better than Shadow Ball, especially with the proper nature.

Any suggestions? I use leftovers way too much.. ._.; Also, I have 2x water types, and 2x dragon types.. >_>;
    While you have 2 Water and 2 Dragon-types, they don't share the same weaknesses. Kingdra covers both Flygon's Ice weakness and Vaporeon's Electric and Grass weakness. You did good. In fact, you could even take out Arcanine and add Ludicolo (to take further advantage of Rain Dance) or even Sceptile. I would still prefer a physical attacker or Snorlax there, but it is your team.

BTW - you can NEVER use Leftovers too much.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • how do u get all those leftovers???
    as far as i noe, u can only get one in the game...

They are buyable at the Frontier. So basically there's no limit to how many Leftovers you can get in Emerald. Really, though, if you have nothing to say about the team being rated then don't post at all. It's sort of spammish and not particularly mindful of the thread creator. :\

Speaking of which, I'd give it a rate but Shane already seems to have this covered. Personally, I'd say Baton Pass over Bite (To CM pass to Kingdra & co) but since that requires breeding...meh, Bite is okay too. ^^

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    No. Don't buy Quick Claw. That is a worthless item. Save that valuable BP for another Leftovers.

Back