• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen My eyes have been opened! Have yours?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2010
    i caught a zubat as soon as i cood and evolved it pretty fast to golbat (until the 5th gym he was already crobat).
    then i beated all the game (kanto too) with him.
    what i try to say is that its not actually matter with which pokemon you fight, if your pokemon strong enough you can beat all the game,
    yes its simple the game is easy.
    of course there are some pokemons like ratata that will be hard to beat the game with them because of their weak attacks,
    but if you will get a pokemon with good attacks like crobat or nidoking etc you could beat all the game.

TheDeadpool

My common sense is tingling!
    Years
    Yep. Mine is togetic too.

Although, like with every pokemon game i play through, i always have trouble leveling up my pokemon near the end of the game... and right now im busy getting slapped repeatedly by the kimono girls. so togetic got left in the dust at lv 31 same as my magmar as i try to make my rhyhorn feraligatr ampharos and shelgon(which fails hard at killing eeveelutions) to lv forty. but with nothing to train on, i dunno.

Togetic is really the only one who can take that psychic from their espeon., but i took off metronome for some retarded reason, so i cant really fight back.

JustinDestruction

Rockin' Trainer
    Years
    I have formed quite the bond with Flareon and the rest of the Eevee family recently. I never had imagined I would use any of them, but I always liked Flareon. I never used it, since I would always pick the fire starters and that would erase the need for more than one fire type. I ordered a Flareon Pokédoll, and then decided that I would use it in Platinum version on an all fire type team, and I have loved it ever since. I would like to train more Pokémon and have them grow on me as well, and hopefully I will!

Years
    In Platinum I gave Anorith a chance and if used correctly, was very effective.

My favourite's included Magmortar, Vaporeon, Anorith and my Zapdos

billios

Water Pokémon Master
    Years
    In Platinum I gave Anorith a chance and if used correctly, was very effective.

My favourite's included Magmortar, Vaporeon, Anorith and my Zapdos
    you do know this is the heart gold and soul silver forum, right?

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    Togetic is really the only one who can take that psychic from their espeon., but i took off metronome for some retarded reason, so i cant really fight back.

One thing you can try is, if you still have it, teach Shadow Ball to your Togetic. It is super effective against Psychic and makes beating Will, the first E4 trainer, a breeze.

StormerEcho

Battle Worthy
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    Hmm one pokemon that really opened my eyes was my Ponyta, Pegasus. I couldn't belive it when she one hit Bugsy's Scyther! Also my Kangahskan was a really big power hitter. I had Her since the beginning at lvl 9 and has stayed in my team through everything. Now I never again will underestimate the power of pedal Dance. It all destroyed Pryce's team! I think I'll try out Togepi since Togekiss is pretty cool!

Foxnordic

Common trainer
    Years
    I first started using geodude and now he evolved to graveler which is currently my strongest pokemon. I'll probably evolve graveler before the elite 4.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Slowking

At first I always thought the Slowpoke line was boring, and weak. However, after realizing I never raised one before I decided I might as well try. I transfered a Slowpoke over from the Pokewalker and evolved it instantly, then used Slowking through gameplay. It was the strongest Pokemon on my entire team, it saved me so many times.

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
    I have a new found respect for Miltank. She really helped me in the times I struggled in both battle wise and out of battle.

However strangely enough, is Vulpix that I learned most about. Its so agonizing to get a Fire Stone in the new games (without trading) :( But it looks so cute having it walk around behind me :O It just might be a pokemon that I'll actually loathe to evolve and that is saying something.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I decided to train a Gastly instead of Abra, the best choice I ever made. I also decided to train a Dratini, which is currently a level 51 Dragonair, my strongest Pokemon. I plan on evolving it before the Elite 4.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Togepi seems to be the popular Pokemon here XD Kinda sad, but it's true. Togepi is also my most awsome Pokemon. Lv.100, Hustle, with Fly, Aura Sphere, Extrasensory, and Toxic. The big guy's epic!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I recently discovered the cuteness of Krabby/Kingler on HeartGold. When they follow you, they crab walk and it's...sklfadsjlfajkldsf cute. I can't replace that.

Zakki-C-Mo

strategic trainer
    Years
    I recently discovered the cuteness of Krabby/Kingler on HeartGold. When they follow you, they crab walk and it's...sklfadsjlfajkldsf cute. I can't replace that.
    lol, awws, but pikachu has gotta be my vote for cutest, lol,
    but as for the topic at hand, its definately murkrow, lol,
    if it wasnt for the fact my party doest have the room, i would definately be using it alot, its ability to learn flying, psychic, ghost, and dark moves is so useful!

Ayselipera

This time around I decided I should use a generation II Pokemon I haven't used before. So I went for Pineco. After it evolved into Forretress I loved it. It's just the most adorable thing in my eyes. :3

Now I pretty much only walk around with Forretress. The rest of my Pokemon can sit in the pc for all I care. c:

Vulpixer

Ooh...Stealth Mode...
    Years
    I never was a biggie for Nidoking. But he is my dude. He isn't even my strongest, but with Sludgebomb he can take out the best. And He can really take hits, which isn't really my style, I'm more offensive and fast, but even though he's not as fast as my Arcanine, he has a high offense and defense. I love my nidoking!

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Back in my old Silver version, at the end of the game, I had a level 78...

Ledian. Yeah. I can't even remember why I trained it so much; it was just my favorite one. And Comet Punch is pretty epic.

I also remember playing through a game (can't remember which, sadly) in which I caught a Tentacool and actually trained it. I never thought Tentacruel was so epic until I actually used it.

Back