• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Fakemon

yogamoanyo

Surfing the Wind
Years
  • Well, to tell you the truth I personally SUCK at fakemon... but I love criticism and such so I can improve :)

I have 4 fakemon to show, all of which are nameless, but not typeless. I know I need to work on shading the most:

My Fakemon

Murshy
    [Poison]

Criticism, please :D!

Last edited:

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Your shading is awefully sharp and edgy. It's also kinda pillow shaded (inside to outside varriance in tones)... you need to cell shade... try looking at the game sprites to see what i mean. If that's the path you're trying to take, anyways...

the anatomy and poses of your ?fakemon are also a bit awkward. they are all very flat and very 2D, as well as very directly posed at us. They need to have more dynamic structure... try to angle the bodies more to give them that 3D, in-motion look.

your color choices on your nameless water type are definitely interesting too... but i'm not saying i don't dig them ^_^

You should definitely take a better look at the game sprites, and try looking at some tutorials (Chesu's is a good start)!

Take care, and of course,

Keep Spriting!

Years
  • Ok well the shading has been mentioned so i wont repeat that, but you need to work on the concepts. Before you actually start the sprite ask yourself thses questions.
    1. What is it based on? Animal or object? For example Fox or Toaster...
    2. what type will it be? F
    3. what can i add to make it look like a pokmon instead of just an ordinary animal or object?

Because it is hard to tell what your fakemon are based on at the moment. If it is based on an object or animal, look for a refence picture to refer to for poses and what it actually looks like.

Good luck with future sprites.

Back