• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Fakemon

What should I improve on?

• Total voters
Years
You have improved from before, but you still need work on your contrast and colours. Perhaps using colours from official Pokemon sprites?

Comerion

DGXZ
Years
Thanks for all the comments! :D
It's been quiet lately, so...
____attenswim_by_mineox100-d53qdpp.png

I tried a new way of spriting Fakemon! I found that way on someone's tutorial... :P

Man, its a heck of a lot better. A massive step up. Like Logiedan said try to give your colours a little more contrast, especially on the outline. Also on that sprite in particular, try to make the purple darker, it looks too light compared to the blue.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Thanks for all the comments! :D
It's been quiet lately, so...
____attenswim_by_mineox100-d53qdpp.png

I tried a new way of spriting Fakemon! I found that way on someone's tutorial... :P

Wow. Just wow. That is a HUGE step up from before. I suggest you return to your older Fakemon and resprite them with this style. These are quite better than the older ones.

mineox100

Hey.
Years
Logiedan said:
You have improved from before, but you still need work on your contrast and colours. Perhaps using colours from official Pokemon sprites?
Comerion said:
Man, its a heck of a lot better. A massive step up. Like Logiedan said try to give your colours a little more contrast, especially on the outline. Also on that sprite in particular, try to make the purple darker, it looks too light compared to the blue.
Elgyem said:
Wow. Just wow. That is a HUGE step up from before. I suggest you return to your older Fakemon and resprite them with this style. These are quite better than the older ones.

Thanks. I don't like using color from official Pokemon, it seems so lazy :P
And yeah, I noticed that about the blue before.
Maybe I should resprite the old ones...

Years
Respriting them is a good idea. Also using official colours doesn't mean you're lazy, you can use it as a reference and see how the colours differ in hue. Use it as a reference until you are at a level where you know how to select your own colours and hue-shift(and keep in mind there is not a lot of hue-shifting in Pokemon sprites).

Back