• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Favourite Game Background Themes

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    What truly makes a game great? THE MUSIC! Here's my list of top 5 game music of all time (in my opinion)

5- Super Mario Bros. Theme (Super Mario Bros.)

This game is known to all and this music has become famous! If you don't love it than you should buy a Nintendo Console right now and buy Galaxy or Sunshine or something. It's just the kind of get up and go music that makes you want to da, da, da, dada, DA, da. *I hum the tune*

4- Route 210's music (Pokémon Diamond)

There are probably other routes with this music but I go here for the music. It's like a song built for Guitar Hero! Rifs and not to mention the bells and whistles we expect from Pokémon background music! It makes you want to walk so you don't interrupt the music with the bike music (which isn't really that great).

3- Emerald Hill Zone Remix (Sonic Adventure 2 Battle)

When you hear this remix, only one word pops into your head. NOSTALGIC! It's like a new way of looking at this background music. Not to mention they made 3D Badniks just for this stage! Obviously they love this music and stage. It's the milestone of the Sonic series.

2- Halo Theme (Halo)

It sounds like an orchestra of thousands conducted by Ludwig Van Beethoven! It has some instruments but is widely known for the voice. It's like someone is being possessed and is starting some sort of Armageddon-Triggering music that just makes you want to kill those aliens even more!

1-Victory Music (Chrono Cross)

Yes, my favourite music in a game of all time is the legendary, Victory Music from Chrono Cross! It makes you wanna start spinning on the ground doing AIR GUITAR! And when the guitar stops you start marching. Everything about it is PERFECT! I want you to go dust off your Super Nintendo Entertainment System and play that game right now! And if you can't, than why don't you pre-order Chrono Trigger DS? We'll probably see another remix of this! If they wreck this music, I'm going to buy forty copies of SA2B and unlock Green Hill Zone on every single one and listen to it until I DIE!

Feel free to leave your own favourites but these are mine.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    these top five lists are popular lately.

Come on. top five video game music and nothing buy Nobou (except maybe the chrono cross/trigger music)? Boy you haven't played Final fantasy 7 have you?

Kirakishou

*~Snowdrop Crystal~*
    Years
    Motoi Sakuraba far outclasses Nobuo Uematsu, and I'd sooner eat nails than play the overrated piece of crap that is Final Fantasy VII. But then, thats just me.

Anyways...my favourites...

5 - Mantis' Hymn (Metal Gear Solid)
    What an atmosphere...its like a good old-fashioned horror-movie. You KNOW something bad is lurking up ahead when you hear this...lo and behold, its a psychotic man in a gas mask who likes to break the 4th wall. This gives him a sinister feeling that he otherwise would have lacked.

4 - The True Mirror (Baten Kaitos)
    This is the only default battle theme in any game I've ever played that I haven't gotten bored with after the first few battles. It manages to be both beautiful and gripping.

3 - Main theme (Ninety Nine Nights)
    ...beautiful. I fell in love with this game the moment I heard this without even playing it (thankfully, I wasn't disappointed by the game itself, as I love mindless hack-and-slashers on an immense scale) and it is, in my opinion, the best main theme of any game ever.

2 - Shuffle or Boogie (FFVIII)
    Not only is Triple Triad, in my opinion, the most addictive mini-game in any FF game ever, but it has one of the most mind-numbing and catchy background themes, as well. I could - and have - play Triple Triad for hours on end, and with that theme in the background shutting off your brain and blocking out everything else around you...

1 - Unrestrained Struggle (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria)
    An appropriately dramatic theme for a one of the greatest video game villains of all time. You almost don't want to kill him, because his theme is so incredible. Exactly what you would expect from a last boss theme and more.

I've neglected a lot of music there, five isn't really enough...

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    i had to sit and think on this topic after my original post, but i got my 5 now!

The Highwind takes to the Skies-FF7
    Its just really catchy

J-E-N-O-V-A (Another FF7)
    Im talking the game version, not black mages or advent children, this song is terrific!

snowman theme (Mother 3)
    The mother music is great!

The Orginization XIII battle music (Kingdom hearts:Chain of Memories and Reverse/Rebirth)
    Its so fitting for the Organization members you meet in castle oblivion, especially Axel and Larxene, the , members from KH2 were crap except Xigbar

Ocaraina of Time medley (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
    Nintendo threw together the differant songs from Ocaraina and tadaa! Awesome music! Too bad it only plays on bridge of eldin. I hate that stage!

Back