• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My final attempt at Netbattle Stardom

How good is this Team? No spammy "1"s either please

• 1-Worst team EVA!

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • 2-Very Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-Poor

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 4-Below Average

• 5-Average

• 6-above Average

• 7-Pretty good

• 8-Good

• 9-Great

• 10-leik, bezt team eva!!!

• Total voters

Anti

return of the king
Years
  • Yeah, my same, boring, lol Netbattle team. I'm almost finished, and I'm installing a poll...please rate. changed the format a bit. I actually have a few changes. I'm almost finished, so could anybody help tie up loose ends? Or you can flame my team completely if you think it sucks. lol, here goes:

EDIT: My update...I've delted my old team. I am thinking of adding flygon to replace...maybe gengar?

Steelix (M) @ Leftovers ** Chromo
    Trait: Rock Head
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Atk
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Roar
    - Rest

Same old steelix, though now I abuse rest.

Zapdos @ Leftovers ** I lol at U
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 124 HP / 56 Spd / 244 SAtk / 84 SDef
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Hidden Power [Grass] / [Ice]
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Thunder

Added in Zappy. I'd rather use raikou, but meh, I like favorites.

Metagross @ Leftovers ** Agiligross
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 Atk / speed and HP...but I don't know how to distribute the EVs properly
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Meteor Mash
    - Rock slide / Explosion / Sleep Talk
    - Rest

Metagross is pwnage.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers ** Skarmbliss
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Aromatherapy
    - Seismic Toss
    - Thunder Wave
    - Softboiled

Because I can, and will, abuse rest.

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers ** Pwnage
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 196 Atk / 184 Spd / 128 SAtk
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Substitute
    - Ice Punch
    - Focus Punch

Because I hate Mence and Skarmbliss.

Flygon (F) @ Choice Band
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 6 HP
    Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power [Bug]
    - Rock Slide
    - Fire Blast

Doe this need any SAtk EVs?

Last edited:

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • i'm no biggy on third gen, but really, 4 out of the 6 pokes on your team are walls/tanks while the other 2 are hardly considered sweepers ._.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • i'm no biggy on third gen, but really, 4 out of the 6 pokes on your team are walls/tanks while the other 2 are hardly considered sweepers ._.

So true...Umbreon stays for wish-passing, blastoise for spinning, and I kinda need the other two...what do you suggest I do? though, Kingdra and Dragonite are acvtually pretty good sweepers...they work for me. Is kingdra overrated? Yeah...but it is still usable...I'm just into defensive teams I suppose lol...any way to fix it?

And for people who rate this, what Samson posted is the kind of stuff I'm looking for...meaning, if you love it, post your rate as an 8 or 9. If you don't like it, tell me why so I can fix it. thanks Samson. Any ideas?

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Umm...yeah, 252/252/6 spreads really aren't all that hot. Aaaanyway, let's have a look here.

Yeah, my same, boring, lol Netbattle team. I'm almost finished, and I'm installing a poll...please rate. changed the format a bit. I actually have a few changes. I'm almost finished, so could anybody help tie up loose ends? Or you can flame my team completely if you think it sucks. lol, here goes:

Kingdra (M) @ Lum Berry ** Hydromotor
    Trait: Swift Swim
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 6 Spd
    - Rain Dance
    - Surf
    - HP Electric
    - Ice Beam

Same old Kingdra. boltbeams FTW!

Bleah, wouldn't suggest keeping this one, really. Kingdra isn't really worth the bother in advance and it's not too hot as a lead either, especially in a team where the others find rain to be a hindrance rather than help. Also, Hidden Power [Grass] > Hidden Power [Electric] imo. Still, if you want to boltbeam, Starmie is certainly way better than Kingdra. :\

Umbreon (M) @Leftovers ** Moondust
    Trait: Synronize
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Curse
    - Taunt
    - Wish
    - Baton Pass

Replaced Mean Look with taunt so skarm doesn't laugh at me and roar me away.

Cursebreon is cool, but only with the right support. You'd want to pair this up with a durable but slow physical attacker like Metagross or Cradily (Cursepassed Cradily = Pwnage); not stuff that actually likes to outspeed, unless it's a White Herb Aerodactyl. As it is, it's just...eww...pick an Umbreon set that does more for your team or don't use it at all. T_T Also, Umbreon wants 212 HP EVs since it maximizes Lefties recovery. Impish is also recommended on the nature due to Heracross and random f-punchers. :3 Personally, I'm partial to Wishbreon:

Umbreon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Synchronize
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd) and 0 Speed IVs =O
    EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 SDef
    Baton Pass
    Protect
    Taunt/Snatch/Curse/Charm/Favorite Umbreon utility move
    Wish

Very cool set. Minimal Speed means that you can have it Wish then take a hit before passing the Wish on to a damage pokémon via Baton Pass, meaning that you can heal your team without running the risk of having your vulnerable poke KOed on the switch. Protect helps its own staying power in combination with Wish and can also be used to scout out your opponent's moves. This one also works nicely in switching in frail sweepers like Medicham and Alakazam due to the power of the low-speed Baton Pass.

- Earthquake
    - Explosion
    - Roar
    - Rock Slide

Considering a different EV spread, but overall am happy with Steelix. Nromal and Rock resist.

Yeah, standard Steelix except that it should - I think - have more Atk than that. *Shrug*

Hypno (M) @ Leftovers ** Hypnoticon
    Trait: Insomnia
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 6 Def
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Baton Pass
    - Calm Mind
    - Thunder Wave/Substitute
    - Psychic

Considering sub over Twave, since I can BP it and I get a free turn of CM power. Eats spore and hypnosis like candy lolz

Great UU, but not too hot in OU play since any given physical sweep will walk all over it. This being the case, I find it highly unlikely that you'll get any real CM passes done. Also, maximal SDef on a set that boosts its own SDef anyway is just plain silly. More Def, please; this isn't the era of Life Orb and Choice Specs. Also, the HP EVs should be 228 for maximized lefties recovery.

Dragonite (F) @ White Herb ** Dragonight
    Trait: Inner Focus
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 6 SAtk
    - Earthquake
    - Aerial Ace Hidden Power [Flying]
    - Flamethrower/Fire Blast Thunder
    - Dragon Dance

Because every team likes to kill Skarmbliss. Who doesn't love the overweight dragon?

If you want that set you should just use Salamence. What makes Dragonite cool is Thunder, which allows it to hit both Skarm and Milotic hard (And, incidentally, benefits from rain rather than being impaired by it). Maximal Speed on a DDer is also pointless. Now I can't say I remember the magical numbers anymore, but with a spread of 252 Atk/180 Spd/76 Satk and Mild nature it should average a 2-hit KO on Milotic; which will probably be a popular switch-in since it's both capable of soaking up physical hits and able to put Dragonite out of commission with Hypnosis and/or Ice Beam. Also, Hidden Power [Flying] over Aerial Ace for that extra kick.

Blastoise (F) @ Leftovers ** Tank-Elite
    Trait: Torrent
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Rapid Spin
    - Counter
    - Ice Beam

My usual blastoise. It is da hardcore turtle of justice! Rapid Spinner. lolz

Bleah, in OU Cloyster is a better Spinner:

Cloyster @ Leftovers
    Trait: Shell Armor
    Bold Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SAtk
    Ice Beam
    Rapid Spin
    Spikes
    Rest/Explosion

STAB Ice Beam and the propensity to explode make it cooler than Blastoise. =O If you run Explosion then Relaxed over Bold on the nature. With Blastoise you'd usually want to have Focus Punch and Yawn because those are the things it does that most other bulky waters don't. :3

As it is, this team has 'fail' written all over it; you're basically relying on two sweepers, one of them which isn't even very good at it, to pull through for you and win while your defenses are shaky to say the least. Skarm walls everything except Kingdra and Blastoise, Blissey only has Steelix to worry about, but Steelix doesn't have enough Atk to 2-hit KO it except by suiciding, in which case you'll just have blown up your only serious physical wall. And speaking of walling, you have absolutely no HP or status recovery effects (Save for that solitary wish) on the entire team, meaning that you're an easy target to wear down with random Will-O-Wisps, Toxics and Thunder Waves. Starmie absolutely laughs at you because half your team can't take its attacks and the other half can't hit hard enough to kill it, Ludicolo exploits your Rain Dance with impunity, and you have no solid answer to a Heracross or Tyranitar sweep, and as mentioned before your EV spreads really aren't anything to call home about. Those might work in D/P, but the advance format is far more slow-paced and calls for teams that can keep on switching back and forth and heal away the damage they take while putting pressure on the opponent until they make a mistake you can punish them for (Which, might I add, usually calls for some pretty complex EV spreads) and this team just really can't do that. :\ My knowledge on the Advance format is probably pretty rusty by now, but those are some of the most glaring weaks. What you'll want to do when creating a team is secure way to deal with standard OU threats. Of these, the most crucial thing is to get rid of the ones with team sweeping potential (Salamence, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Metagross, Marowak, Heracross, Starmie, Raikou, and Jynx to name a few) and the ones that can totally halt any attack on your part (Suicune, Celebi, Blissey, Skarmory, and Regice come to mind). Beyond that, you'll of course want a phazer and a spinner (though you already have those covered) and then either some serious status absorbing potential or a good cleric, and at least three sweepers (wherein you obviously have both physical and special attacks with as wide a type coverage as possible). Also keep in mind that having all your sweepers rely on setups is not a good idea. You'll also need a way to hit fast and hard. Aaanyway, changes, changes...I think I'd start by replacing Dragonite since he's a bit of an awkward fit on this team, try something that enjoys Curse such as:

Metagross @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 76 Def
    - Earthquake
    - Meteor Mash
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Metagross is a solid physical hitter in its own right, and with a Def and Atk boost or two under its belt it becomes even meaner. I'm opting for STalkergross here since your team has quite the glaring status weak and because it's the set that has been meant to stay in the longest, which is obviously what we want to do after going through the trouble of cursing. Once you've passed to it, only a strong special sweeper or a phazer will persuade it to leave...and both will have to brave a buffed-up STAB Meteor Mash to do so. :3

Second, Hypno really does need to go. Now I know that it's boring and generic in the extreme, but I'm still going to suggest replacing him with:

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    EVs: 136 HP / 252 Def / 120 SAtk
    Ice Beam
    Seismics Toss/Thunder Wave
    Softboiled
    Aromatherapy/Heal Bell

Yeah, it's Blissey. And not even CB Blissey but just plain, old, boring regular Bliss. 120 SAtk gives it a chance to OHKO Salamence on the switch and lets it break Gengars subs, which is good because otherwise you'll be taking a lot of random F-Punches, which Blissey doesn't like.

Unfortunately, Blissey adds a fighting weak to the team, so you'd probably want a physical wall who isn't that bothered by those. Skarmory (Yeah, tis' the uberly lameness of Skarmbliss =P), Donphan, Forretress, and Claydol are all viable candidates for this. Claydol or Forretres could replace Blastoise/Cloyster as a spinner and could provide Reflect or Light Screen support for the team (forry also providing spikes as an option), Donphan could take either role, and Skarm is a great phazing option over Steelix and also doubles up as a spiker.

Finally, I'd suggest replacing Kingdra with:

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
    - Focus Punch / Hypnosis
    - Ice Punch / Fire Punch / Giga Drain
    - Substitute
    - Thunderbolt

Because leads that kill Salamence are good leads. The top slot is there to pre-empt the inevitable special wall switch-in; Hypnosis is a bit risky but it buys you the turn to switch in a counter while Focus Punch combos nicely with sub but is only really effective against Blissey, Regice, and Snorlax. Last damaging move is a matter of taste, and Giga Drain is worth considering as a counter-measure for Swampert, but personally I prefer to give Mence what-for at every turn. :3

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Wow...okay, thanks. That helped quite a bit. Must've been all the D/P rates I've been doing lol. But thanks...Kingdra and steelix stay, just becasue I can't have fun w/o using at least a couple of my favorites, but I'll go genric in the last 4 slots. Thanks god...I love metagross and gengar, two of the few OUers I actually don't hate using...okay, thanks, I'll get to work. Seems as though my fierce love of the UU tier got the better of me. I'll probably use donphan or claydol becasue they are hardcore extreme spinners...okay, time to get to work.

And thanks, that's the kind of rate I'm looking for.

EDIT: Here is my update...

- Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Explosion
    - Rest

EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 6 Spd
    Naughty Nature
    - Rain Dance
    - Hidden Power [Electric] / Rest
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam

Same old kingdra, but added rest as an option over HP electric.

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 6 Def
    - Earthquake
    - Meteor Mash
    - Rest

Metagross is pwnage.

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Aromatherapy
    - Seismic Toss
    - Thunder Wave
    - Softboiled

- Thunderbolt
    - Substitute
    - Ice Punch
    - Focus Punch

Blastoise (M) @ Leftovers ** Tank-Elite
    EVs: 252 HP / 129 Def / 129 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+ Def, -Spd)
    - Haze
    - Rapid Spin
    - Surf
    - Counter

Because spinners and Hazers are pwnage. Couldn't let go of this guy.

Last edited:
    Years
  • As an O_g of 3rd gen, I shalt rate
    Yeah, my same, boring, lol Netbattle team. I'm almost finished, and I'm installing a poll...please rate. changed the format a bit. I actually have a few changes. I'm almost finished, so could anybody help tie up loose ends? Or you can flame my team completely if you think it sucks. lol, here goes:

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 6 Spd
    - Rain Dance
    - Surf
    - HP Electric
    - Ice Beam

Same old Kingdra. boltbeams FTW!

Umbreon (M) @Leftovers ** Moondust
    Trait: Synronize
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Curse
    - Taunt
    - Wish
    - Baton Pass

Replaced Mean Look with taunt so skarm doesn't laugh at me and roar me away.
    Curse Passing isnt as good as it looks with only one main sweeper, if you can get something better in a slot like aerodactyl then you can hit it off better.

- Earthquake
    - Explosion
    - Roar
    - Rock Slide

Considering a different EV spread, but overall am happy with Steelix. Nromal and Rock resist.
    320 HP, 250 Atk, and the rest in Def, exploding your only physical wall isnt cool, exploding your phazer makes you set up fodder, so Toxic/ Double Edge > Explosion

Hypno (M) @ Leftovers ** Hypnoticon
    Trait: Insomnia
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 6 Def
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Baton Pass
    - Calm Mind
    - Thunder Wave/Substitute
    - Psychic

Considering sub over Twave, since I can BP it and I get a free turn of CM power. Eats spore and hypnosis like candy lolz

Tyranitar used taunt!
    Hypno cant use Thunder Wave after the Taunt!

Dragonite (F) @ White Herb ** Dragonight
    Trait: Inner Focus
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 6 SAtk
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power [Flying]
    - Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    - Dragon Dance

Because every team likes to kill Skarmbliss. Who doesn't love the overweight dragon?

Dragonite used Hidden Power! (40%)
    Blissey used Ice Beam! (85%)

Blastoise (F) @ Leftovers ** Tank-Elite
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Rapid Spin
    - Counter
    - Ice Beam

My usual blastoise. It is da hardcore turtle of justice! Rapid Spinner. lolz

Those 252/252/6 sets dont work on anything not named a CBer

EDIT: My update...

- Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Explosion
    - Rest

Rest + Explosion = no, dont blow up a wall, it basicly blowing a huge hole into your own team.

EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 6 Spd
    Naughty Nature
    - Rain Dance
    - Hidden Power [Electric] / Rest
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam

Same old kingdra, but added rest as an option over HP electric.

The Naughty nature is for the Surf or Ice Beam?

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 6 Def
    - Earthquake
    - Meteor Mash
    - Rest

Metagross is pwnage.

Less hp, it needs at least 201 speed to outspeed T-tars or its not going to work.

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Aromatherapy
    - Seismic Toss
    - Thunder Wave
    - Softboiled

- Thunderbolt
    - Substitute
    - Ice Punch
    - Focus Punch

Blastoise (M) @ Leftovers ** Tank-Elite
    EVs: 252 HP / 129 Def / 129 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+ Def, -Spd)
    - Haze
    - Rapid Spin
    - Surf
    - Counter

Because spinners and Hazers are pwnage. Couldn't let go of this guy.

This team has a big T-tar and Metagross weak, it can rip a hole through most of your team if it sets up. I suggest Flygon and Zapdos to cover your weaknesses.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Flygon AND zapdos? Would 1 work? I'd use flygon, but over who? Really, I'd use zapdos too, but getting HP Grass on it takes forever...Okay, what should I replace explosion for? Naughty was a mistake on kingdra, I meant modest. But yeah, I'll go flygon...

Flygon @ Choice Band
    Jolly/Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Quick Attack?
    - HP Rock
    - ???

I'm not too great with flygon, as you can see. And, you've probably noticed I'm not so good with EVs either...how many speed EVs for metagross? and who to replace for flygon? Okay, thanks, this is all helping a lot. I'll edit this out again.

Years
  • Flygon AND zapdos? Would 1 work? I'd use flygon, but over who?
    Flygon for Steelix or Blastiose, you only need one phazer so choose, and Zapdos for Kingdra.
    Really, I'd use zapdos too, but getting HP Grass on it takes forever...Okay, what should I replace explosion for? Naughty was a mistake on kingdra, I meant modest. But yeah, I'll go flygon...

You dont breed in Netbattle >_>

Flygon @ Choice Band/ Leftovers
    Jolly
    - Earthquake
    - Quick Attack/ Substitute
    - Rock Slide
    - Fire Blast
    The hell was HP Rock doing there? >_>
    You can also use HP Bug for Celebi over anything other than EQ.

I'm not too great with flygon, as you can see. And, you've probably noticed I'm not so good with EVs either...how many speed EVs for metagross? and who to replace for flygon? Okay, thanks, this is all helping a lot. I'll edit this out again.[/QUOTE]
    Metgross needs 100 to reach 201, but I would add some extras in there to outspeed T-tars not named CBtar, which will probably not use speed evs anyway.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 124 HP / 56 Spd / 244 SAtk / 84 SDef
    - Hidden Power [Grass] / [Ice]
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Thunder

That dents everything not named Blissey, but is riskier than T-bolt Zapdos because of Thunder acc.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • lol, I realized it could get rock slide and felt rather stupid. Okay, I'm taking out blastoise and...kingdra...I've given in. I'll post an edit here soon. And thanks.

And yeah, I'm so used to D/P (though I sold my pearl game) that I forgot you don't need to breed lol. I think maybe I should get myself familiar with it again, as I haven't played in years and I was probably better back then, but my memory is too bad to know.

Okay, I'll proceed to edit this. Thanks Rubberbandman (love the username BTW) and Alter Ego. I'll get to fix this in a few minutes. Thanks again.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Doesn't Hidden Power Ice hit duggy better? But you already have Gengar for that. Abd yo have no Grass Moves, coverage, or countering better? And I revived this thread. Yay!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 26, 2008
    i think he meant to say that gengar needs max hp to have a durable sub.

Back