• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first battle against the new Mewtwo/ Gardevoir deck (way to much enthusiasm)

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2012
    SOOOOooo, I just wanted to say I played against the new Mewtwo ex/Garvedoir deck online and I actually won. I am using the Zeel deck with a modified Zekrom ex. I was surprised that I was actually thinking everything through the entire gameplay lol. The main mistake that the opponent made was that he was only focused on setting up his gardevoir/mewtwo and not worried about disrupting or slowing me down. This is one mistake you can not make against the zeel deck because once it is setu,p it is hard to stop, especially since I can easily get a turn two bolt strike. I almost made the mistake of putting the Zekrom ex down around turn 3, but pulled it back, forgetting how easy it can be catchered.

I hope this is easy to follow.

So turn three I had two eels setup on the bench with a cleffa and two zek, one being in the active fully setup and one just sitting waiting for the energies to be dynoed. Luckily I had a catcher and pulled Kirlia to the active and bolt striked it for the ko. Before this he had cleffa, mewtwo ex (two psy ener. attached), and a Kirlia on the bench while smoochum was switching the energy around to my cleffa. I ko'd the smoochum for the 2nd prize. Mewtwo ex. xball'd for 120 but only recieved 100 for my Zekrom had eviolite attached. I then outraged him for 120. The Zekrom on the bench had two energy attached by this time. Next turn he xball'd me for his first prize. I put the 2nd Zekrom out and bolt stiked for 120 for the ko and collected my 3rd and 4th prize. He then knocked out my 2nd Zekrom for his 2nd prize.

So I put out cleffa and pondered. I had an idea!!!! I already had a lone tynamo on the bench and I had a level ball, poke collector, a electric energy, and two plus powers. Is it hitting you yet? I lvl ball for eelektrik, evolve, poke coll for zekrom ex, bench him then attach an energy. Next I dyno three energy to him and switch out the cleffa to zekrom ex then apply the two plus powers and stong volt for 170. I collect the last two prizes and leave him dumbfounded lol.

It couldn't of happened any better. I know this seems a little over the top for a thread, but I am super astonished about this match since I am still really new to the tcg. Honestly it is harder than it looks to figure out how to work the ex's in with the new or pre-existing decks. I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to play zekrom ex, but I figured I would just play the deck regularly, then in the end pull out the zekrom ex fight off the other ex's or just to wrap up the game. I don't want him to turn into catcher bait and just turn into two easy prizes. There could be many factors into why I won, but the guy had over 15,000 cards and over 4,000 wins. Sorry for all the grammer mistakes and punctual errors lol, it's late here in Hawaii.

pmarckoue

CAN IT BE!?
    Years
  • From the moment Mewtwo Ex and Gardevoir was announced, I knew people were going to make a deck based on them. Or even Gardevoir and Gothatelle maybe with Mewtwo Ex for extra power.

Years
  • It is, but it doesn't have any energy recovery built-in unless you insert Energy Retrieval. A deck using Eels thrives if a Pokemon is taken out, because it's then gotten set up and is pretty much set on Energy for the rest of the game.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • Mewtwo's only real skill set currently is tanking and countering, which limits it severely. Basically once we see dark patch released is when you'll start to see Mewtwo running a speed game. Until then it's really only a clunky, support-based attacker capable of semi-effectively countering other Mewtwos.

Regardless, it's still a fun card.

Back