• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first card here - Treecko!

Ivar

Acanthite Music Composer
Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2008
    My Cards E-Lair (Maybe this will attract people...)

This is the first card I post HERE.
    Now, here is Treecko:

Do you like it?

Last edited:

GYM LEADDER A

Has changed to Onizuka04
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2004
    Nice card but i would put it diamond insteadof star.9/10.Imperssive for first try

Last edited:

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Very good card. Font seems right, and placement is good. Missing the 9 digit ID and the font width on the attack effect seems wrong (but it could be right, my eyes may just be messing up). Needs to be 96%. 8.5/10

Please do not post links to other forums. It is against the rules, you can see the rules by clicking on the button at th top of the page.

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
  • My first card here - Treecko!
    It reminded me of Gumbi at first! First off I love the image. All your words ect are nice and clean cut. Really nice card!

MiNuN*

『yakusoku no nohara』
    Years
  • Yes, good fake for the first one. though, many errors XD
    The attacks are too far apart; your attacks don't have to fill the whole effect thing even thogh it will look better if you do, its optional. And according to its effects, it should be at least 1 retreat cost. And also, I always thought it was Treeko XD But anywho, nice job. 6.5/10
    Signed, Akira

Ivar

Acanthite Music Composer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2008
    MiNuN* said:
    Yes, good fake for the first one. though, many errors XD
    The attacks are too far apart; your attacks don't have to fill the whole effect thing even thogh it will look better if you do, its optional. And according to its effects, it should be at least 1 retreat cost. And also, I always thought it was Treeko XD But anywho, nice job. 6.5/10
    Signed, Akira
    Well, exactly as you say, it's OPTIONAL, so it isn't wrong. Second, the effect and the attack are powerful, but no Retreat cost should be hightend for that! It may be a bit powerful for a basic, but it's a rare holo, so that's possible AND allowed. Again, NOT WRONG.

So, overall, I'm getting a bit pissed by your rating. A 6,5/10 for no wrongs??!! Eventhough those two thing you mentioned WERE wrong, a 6,5/10 wouldn't be honest either!So please think again of your rating according to my arguments!

Ivar

MiNuN*

『yakusoku no nohara』
    Years
  • Oh excuse me if you don't like my rating Ivar, I was just pointing out my perspective not a rating that has to be similar to everyone elses. I will point out your errors THOROUGHLY if you want me to then :\
    > The weakness fire energy is too close to "Weakness"
    > The retreat cost is a mistake by the way.
    > "Treecko" is too far away from the card border.
    > "Treecko" is too far away from the pic border.
    > The Pok?-power, Evergreen, is too close to the pic border.
    > Font and HP seems alright for a card.
    > And the only way the right way to get 10/10 is when you have someone like Kai rate it, too bad he doesn't go on PC anymore.
    > Adjust rating to 7/10.

Years
  • That's cool! I give it 8/10!
    Two observations:
    >That Treecko must have Repeat Cost because is quite strong(for a basic Pokemon)
    >You must do something with the R is the botom of the card

Ivar

Acanthite Music Composer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2008
    sorry

Ok, sorry for the mad 'n bad words.
    I see all errors now, too......(since it's an old card for me: I made 18 after that one already)

Here's a new card from my set EX:Light

Ho-oh

What do you think?

Phlemingo

o_o_o_o_o <--Claydol Ascii
    Years
  • That is good, except that (I think) text doesn't go all the way below the damage. Might want to edit that. Btw, how do you make the shiny background? I've been wondewrin'.

Ivar

Acanthite Music Composer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2008
    holosheet?

to answer your holosheet question, I've made a Holosheet tutorial!!

It's in the Fakecard index!

Check it out!

MiNuN*

&#12302;yakusoku no nohara&#12303;
    Years
  • Oh Hey Ivar! The Sukhoi person!
    (IM Aki-chan by the way)
    Sorry for my snappiness in my post, last week or so I've been stacked with a lot of exams so I was a bit stressed. Refer to the Other Cards forum to see what I've been truly like other than this. O___O

Well for your Ho-Oh, first I'll say the Pokepower is quite overpowred. And it doesnt say where to attach the fire energy to Ho-Oh. (Deck/Discard Pile/Hand etc) And you can keep doing it. Heh, if you have a plain fire deck Ho-Oh would probably have an unlimited supply of fire energys..
    Other than that, Its a good card.
    87/100. ^_^

Ivar

Acanthite Music Composer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2008
    It's supposed to be the [F] Energies from your hand.

In that way, it isn't overpowered (the Power) because the chance is tiny that you'll have 20 [F] Energies in your hand.

I'm sure the Wording is correct, though. It's (almost) the same as on the Base Set's Blastoise.

MiNuN*

&#12302;yakusoku no nohara&#12303;
    Years
  • Hmm, Base Set is different from now, Ivar but anyway..

SUP IVAR MY MAN!! XD I know, I gave a sh!t rating, sorry. :P

Your illustration font is too blurry XD Better quality graphic needed by the way.

Anyway, see you around.

Ivar

Acanthite Music Composer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2008
    A Sh!t rating? No, no, no.........

It would be a 8,7 here in the Netherlands and if you have that for a test, you can be really proud!

You're right, the illus. font is blurry; but the whole thing is blurry...
    I think I'll never trust JPG format again for any Ho-oh I'll ever make!

I made an Articuno for a contest, so here I'll show you.
    Be aware: it's JPG too!
    For the blank: Big thanks to CMP and Fang!

Do you like it?

Back