• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first deck: Cincinno - Zoroark - Samurott

TBJ

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2011
    I started collecting about a month ago and I'm going to play in the Toronto nationals on July 2 and have just constructed my first competitive deck and I need EVERY piece of advice I can get.

4-4 Cinccino
    2-2 Zoroark
    3-2-3 Ability Samurott
    1 Cleffa
    1 Tyrouge

22 Pokes

4 DCE
    4 Special Dark
    4 Water

12 Energy

4 Sages
    4 Junk Arm
    4 PONT
    2 Junifer
    2 Rare Candy
    1 Lost Remover
    3 Poke Communication
    3 Dual Ball
    3 Poke Reversal

26 Trainers

Basically my main goal is to setup quick with Cinccino and fill up my bench so I can get a constant 100 damage going, Zoroark is the standard partner for Cinccino, and since I know that Emboar decks are going to popular at nats I feel Samurott adds a good counter and is also is tougher kill than the other pokes in my deck.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2011
    The Samarott is really iffy, yes a good meta choice but maybe just pair with chinno, hard to think, what division are you in, that changes everything.

Years
    Cinccino's attacking power is vulnerable to decks that run Ditto TM (HS Triumphant), which would nerf your attack power by 20, and Cinccino can't snipe those Ditto. I'd ditch Zoroark or reduce it to a 1-1 tech, since it shares a weakness with Cinccino, and you may have to account for Donchamp decks as well, of which at least one half is weak to Samurott, who is dependent on water energy to do extra damage.

TBJ

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2011
    I don't need water energy on Samurott to one shot donphan where as machamp is a problem but I tossed a lost remover in there to force the DCE into the lost zone which will help to stall its setup. I never seen anyone run a ditto and I have pokemon reversal and junk arms (to get reversal back) so having a ditto will make for an easy prize. I worry about running 1-1 Zoroark since that is so easy for zorua or zoroark to be prized and without azelf in the set I can't get it out easily.

Back