• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My First Deck

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Well, yeah, I made my first ever deck, but I don't think it's all that good. . I'm more of an observer and an advice giver. XD I also need help with which Trainer Cards would be best for my team. It's a Fire/Electric deck (though I was gunna go for a Fire/Fighting deck, at the last minute I changed it). Any advice would be appreciated.

Pokémon
    Torchic (73/109)
    Combusken (27/109)
    Blaziken (3/109)
    Electrike (64/100)
    Manectric (40/100)
    Monferno (56/130)
    Eevee (62/100)
    Jolteon (23/100)

Energy
    Rainbow Energy x2
    Colorless Energy x2 (one gives 3 energies)
    Lightning Energy x6
    Fire Energy x4

Trainer Cards
    None as of yet.

This isn't something I'm doing for competitive battling. I just made this for fun and to see if I could actually do it. XD

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    If it;s just for fun you may want to play unlimited and mix in some older sets. I haven't played since around the time the D/P format took over, but I do remember Field Worker being a really useful trainer card.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I'm not sure if I have Field Worker, I'll need to check it. As for mixing them, if I ever DO decide to play competitively, I'd like to have practice without mixing them.​

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Ah. What I used to do when I played competitively was make my legit deck and record the contents on MSword then save it, then I'd edit it to be unlimited, that way I could always switch my deck back for tournaments.

Rare Candys are also useful, and i know those are still in circulation.

Just noticed your lack of energies, you might want to do something about that, having roughly 18 energies is a safe bet.

Lightning Storm

That guy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2011
    Colorless energy? Do you mean Boost Energy? It only lasts for 1 turn.

Anyway, what's monferno doing in there? Without any chimchar, its going to be a little hard to play (IMPOSSIBLE). I'd remove it.

Whats the main strategy of the deck? And what sets are your cards from?

-2 colorless energy
    +2 Rainbow Energy

I really need to know the strategy before I can really tell you the amounts of the cards that you need, but this is pretty standard:
    3-2-3 Blazekin
    3-3 Manectric
    3-3 Jolteon
    2-2 Claydol Great Encounters (Best in format searching pokemon. Most decks run 2-2, its pretty much standard)

Thats 24 pokemon, and 14 energy. That leaves 22 spaces for trainers.

4 Bebe's
    4 Roseanne's
    3 Night Maintenance
    1 Luxury Ball
    3 Rare Candy
    3 Broken Time-Space
    4 Plus Power

Again, this is all pretty standard advice. Once I know which cards you mean and your strategy, I can help more.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Anyway, what's monferno doing in there? Without any chimchar, its going to be a little hard to play (IMPOSSIBLE). I'd remove it.
    Oops, I forgot to list my Chimchar. Yeah, I got that in there. (Chimchar (57/100)).

Whats the main strategy of the deck? And what sets are your cards from?
    Dunno yet. I don't have a strategy, it was more of a 'let's see if I can actually put a deck together, get opinions on it, and then try my hardest to think of a strategy whilst constructing a new deck'. As for the sets, the (57/100) tells all. They're all from the DP expansions.​

Lightning Storm

That guy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2011
    You really need to tell us what expansions they're from anyway. The only Blaziken that has 3/109 is NOT from the DP expansions. Does it have the poke-power "Fire starter"? If so, than you have a EX Ruby & Sapphire Blaziken, which is no longer legal in the modified format. Its fine if you want to play an unlimited deck, but you won't be able to play it in tournaments.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    If you can figure out which expansion it's from by the numbers, then there's no need to write out the actual expansion.

As for Blaziken, I'll need to check it. I have others, so it wouldn't matter if I had to switch them out.

Besides, I'm not looking to play in tournaments as the only way this is possible is if I could go out-of-state.​

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2009
    For your Unlimited version, run Bill, Oracle, Misty's Wrath, Prof. Oak, and Computer Search.

Back