• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first deck!

Mudkipable

RP/fanfic/penguin/amphy lover
    Years
    Hi there, I made a deck with Glaceon and Shaymin as a base (Yeah, I know laem because of both being in a theme deck, but w/e), with some added pokemon from boosters.

Pokemon: 25

Glaceon (Majestic Dawn) ×1
    Empoleon (Majestic Dawn) ×1
    Prinplup (Majestic Dawn) ×1
    Prinplup (Platinum) ×1
    Piplup (Majestic Dawn) ×3
    Lapras (Platinum) ×1
    Eevee (Majestic Dawn) ×3 (-1× (so it's now 2×), switched for Platinum Rivals Eevee)
    Eevee (Platinum Rivals) ×1 (after taking out 1 Majestic Dawn Eevee)
    Blissey (Platinum) ×1
    Chansey (Platinum) ×2
    Happiny (Platinum) ×1 (-1× (so it's now 0×), switched for Volkners Philosophy)
    Shaymin (Platinum) ×1
    Scyther (Platinum) ×1
    Kricketot (Platinum) ×2
    Kricketune (Platinum) ×1
    Wurmple (Platinum) ×3
    Silcoon (Platinum) ×2
    Beautifly (Platinum) ×1

Energy cards: 26
    11 Water energy
    15 Grass energy

Trainer cards: 9
    Dusk ball ×1
    Pokémon Rescue ×1
    Quick ball ×1
    Mom's kindness ×1
    Potion ×1
    Switch ×1
    Pokénav ×1
    Pokéball ×1
    Volkner's Philosophy ×1 (after removing Happiny)

Hmm... I now realize I have not so many Trainer cards...

Oh well.

Please comment and give me advice. Is it (the Dutch) National Tournament worthy?

Last edited:

lorelli

Super Hypno Lover
    Years
    That sounds like a pretty solid deck. Have you tested it out against anyone?
    Don't worry about not having many trainers. :] Everyone's different. I tend to only put half a dozen trainers in my decks because I load them up with so many Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    It does look like a really good deck. I'd say to boot out one or two of the Pokémon and get more Trainer Cards, but it doesn't matter if you do or not. Good job constructing your deck. d(^^)b​

Mudkipable

Years
    Thanks a lot, I myself were kinda worried about it :p

Now I think about it, I have won all the friendly matches I have played with this deck.

:o

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2009
    I'll tell you right now. You need more trainers, and less Pokemon/Energy.

In a well-balanced deck, you should have no more than 20 energy, always have more than 20 Trainers, and have 15-20 Pokemon. I'll post a decklist soon

Btw, is this Modified or Unlimited. I'll assume Modified if no one answers.

3 Eevee
    2 Glaceon
    1 Glaceon X

3 Chansey
    2 Blissey

2 Shaymin
    1 Shaymin X

3 Wurmple
    2 Silicoon
    1 Beautifly

Trainers:

4 Roseanne's Research
    4 Bebe's Search
    4 Volkner's Philosophy
    4 Professor Oak's Visit
    4 Cynthia's Feelings
    3 Premier Ball

Energy:

7 Water
    10 Grass

If your decklist are the only ones you have, it's pretty solid, but not good enough for Nats.

Last edited:

Mudkipable

Years
    I took out an Eevee and the Happiny and put in a Platinum Rivals Eevee (has Signs of Evolution :D) and Volkner's Philosophy (for when I'm low on hand cards).

Mudkipable

Years
    Okay, I put in a (drumroll) Shaymin Lvl X(!), a Volkners Philosophy, a Underground expedition and a Level Max, I took out a Lapras, a water energy, a grass energy and a Scyther.

Updated decklist:

Pokemon: 24

Glaceon (Majestic Dawn) ×1
    Empoleon (Majestic Dawn) ×1
    Prinplup (Majestic Dawn) ×1
    Prinplup (Platinum) ×1
    Piplup (Majestic Dawn) ×3
    Eevee (Majestic Dawn) ×2
    Eevee (Platinum Rivals) ×1
    Blissey (Platinum) ×1
    Chansey (Platinum) ×2
    Shaymin (Platinum) ×1
    Shaymin X (Platinum) ×1
    Kricketot (Platinum) ×2
    Kricketune (Platinum) ×1
    Wurmple (Platinum) ×3
    Silcoon (Platinum) ×2
    Beautifly (Platinum) ×1

Energy cards: 24
    Water energy ×10
    Grass energy ×14

Trainer cards: 12
    Dusk ball ×1
    Pokémon Rescue ×1
    Quick ball ×1
    Mom's kindness ×1
    Potion ×1
    Switch ×1
    Pokénav ×1
    Pokéball ×1
    Volkner's Philosophy ×2
    Underground Expedition ×1
    Level Max ×1

Last edited:

FurretFTW!!1!

/me lieks Mightyena, too.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    It is in NO WAY ready for Nats, and minipika12's list is far from good, too... Sadly, a deck like that (With those Pokemon and stuff...) is not good at all (For competitive play...)... Depending on the Shaymin Lv.X you have, you can make a pretty good deck with the right cards... Shaymin Land would be good for most all competitive grass decks (LeafMin is actually looking VERY good to run with the new Eevee!) With Shaymin Sky (Like the tin Promo), you could get a Landmin if you want and make a Scizor deck. If you only have the Skymin and you don't want to go getting another Lv.X, that's fine. What G cards do you have, because they make AMAZING decks! Do you have any Gengar or Machamp from StormFront? BTW, if you have ANY Uxie from LegendsAwakened or Claydol GreatEncounters (Don't say "But I have it from this set," because those are the BEST ones that give you draw power...), then PUT THEM IN YOUR DECK NO MATTER WHAT IF YOU WANT TO ENTER THE DUTCH NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS! If you have Porygon-2 GreatEncounters, that works, too... You'll also need Roseanne's Research and Bebe's Search, so if you can get your hands on two Giratina or Rampardos (Rampardos is preferred, it has a few more usable cards) Starter decks, that would be good (Each of them has two Bebe's Search, and having 4 is really good.) Roseanne's Research is something you can find somewhere else, but it's AMAZING!

Just PM me if you have anymore questions, as I'm a competitive player (And I do pretty well in tournaments, but I can't afford to go to Nats, and someone's using my decklist for it!), and I can help you if you need any!

Mudkipable

Years
    If I put in everything you think is best, I'd get a grass, fighting, physic deck. And I try not to play with more than 2 types in one deck.

Back