• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first fake card

Cyndaquil

'lo.
    Years
    What do you think?
    My first fake card

And no, not the right font, but I couldn't get it work... :sleeping:

Edit: Just a update of the picture, corrected 2 typos and a text size...
    Edit2: Fixed Illus stuff

Last edited:

QFred

Behold...
    Years
    OMG, it's very very cool for a first!

But there are a few things:
    Placement is almost OK;
    Fonts are almost OK;
    Pic credit goes to Ken Sugimori;
    The you thing, meh...;
    Why Fire/Dark??;
    Forgot VS Icon.

In a all faking rating I'll give 9/10.
    In a good faking rating I'll give 5/10.

It's very cool!

Cyndaquil

'lo.
    Years
    QFred said:
    OMG, it's very very cool for a first!

But there are a few things:
    Placement is almost OK;
    Fonts are almost OK;
    Pic credit goes to Ken Sugimori;
    The you thing, meh...;
    Why Fire/Dark??;
    Forgot VS Icon.

In a all faking rating I'll give 9/10.
    In a good faking rating I'll give 5/10.

It's very cool!

Placement: Since I didn't got the exactly right font, I used one that's simlar to Neo card series, so I needed to replace them a little.
    Fonts: I didn't got the right font so meh..
    Illus Creds: I shall change, but since I made the background... ;P (I got the nickname FireFly on other places)
    "The you thing": I like Cyndaquil, so then I made a Cyndaquil, and added "PC's" just for fun... It's me, yeah! ^_^
    Fire/Dark: That's my favourite types, and I've thinked of a Fire/Dark Cyndaquil in a time now... Orginally, it was thinked to be named Team Rocket's Cyndaquil...
    VS Icon: What's that?

And thanks for the reply! ^^;

Edit: Fixed the image...

Cyndaquil

'lo.
    Years
    But see, it's a PC's Cyndaquil, witch means it doesn't have any evoultion, it's a bit like an ex, and I'm going to add the Pok?mon ex text and that stuff to it, just havn't done that yet... That's why... ;)

Edit: Isn't Kangachan (spelling..) a basic pokemon? It uses 4 energys...
    Edit2: Here's a ex-version (I knwo it sucks, but I'm too tired for making it any better now...)

My first fake card

Last edited:

Cyndaquil

'lo.
    Years
    Thanks, and for your cards, read Fankings tutorial and put the Energys, Weakness and Resistance where it should be, and I'm sure your cards are going to be nice too! ;)
    And you used MS Paint, your cards are awsome for being made in Paint, I used Photoshop! ;)
    But thats offtopic, anyways thanks for the critique... :) And good luck with your fake cards!

QFred

Behold...
    Years
    The name is Kangaskhan, from Ghengis Khan, and uses 4 energies because it's a non-evolutive Basic Pok?mon and, in most cases (as this one), is a Rare card. Fix that by making it less powerfull.

About being ex, meh... Don't want to talk about an even worst placement, like put 2 completely different rule boxes together! Separate them, please!

Is it better?... No, not really! Meh...

Still wrong placement and no 9-Digit ID!

Good thing you fixed the illus. and the "you" thing!

Last, but not least, thing is: "What the hell is a VS Icon?"
    I will answer that question by telling you that it is a thing, on the VS cards that shows a pic of the owner of the cards, like on some Japanese Promos as Ash's Swellow, May's Munchlax or Brock's Forretress (8th Movie Mini Set) or the american Sets GYM Heroes and GYM Challenge. Another thing, in some sets, VS cards evolve to other VS cards, usually of the same owner!

Cyndaquil

'lo.
    Years
    QFred: I'm to tired of changing it now, funnier to make a new card with new attacks and abilities then... ;P
    Anyways, my Transform Energy, and YES, I have made the background, so then I set Illus: on myself. :P
    Edit: It's in my new card serie, the CQ mark is for CyndaQuil... ;P
    So why not start off with a Special Energy?

My first fake card

Cyndaquil

'lo.
    Years
    Okay, didn't know that, and now I saved it n png and no psd file but whatever, I'll rewrite the text tomorrow (It's night in Sweden now), and I think it should be uncommon, not rare, because Multi Energy is rare and do the same without the type on pokemon thingy (Witch is ways better).
    I likes the background, it actually was just plain rows of energy marks all the way and ended up in a spiral... :)

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Wow your cards are really good the cyndaquil would kick some serious butt with a fire deck, so you live in sweden? I understand sweden even though I'm finish.

wishirulz

convict #100234
    Years
    wow you can do fake cards way better than i can !! those are amazing first cards and the consept of transform energu is realy good!

Cyndaquil

'lo.
    Years
    smarty_arty: Ok, thats cool, I doesn't even know a single world finnish...
    wishirulz: Well, if I'm bad on making decks, then I'm maybe good on another thing? You are ways better than me on deck making... ;)

Edit: 350 posts! ^_^
    And a new card too, here's a regular Cacnea, no overpowered thing....

My first fake card

Last edited:

Cyndaquil

'lo.
    Years
    I'm working on a Cacturne too, it's also quite well-balanced with 70 hp and not too powerful...
    But I think I should change the last grass energy in Poisonous Needles to a Colorless, agree or disagree?
    I think it's more balanced then...

Back