• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

my first real battle ^__^

Years
  • I always played Pokémon in order to become the champion, and that's it. thegame is over for me, but with X & Y I used the battle through internet, post-game,I really enjoyed it, yes I hate losing (who doesn't) and I lost in almost everymatch I played, but I was so enjoying the matches that I did not care if I loseor win, I just wanted to play with real people which I did and it gave me a lotof joy, and last night one of my classmate told me he played Pokémon Y andfinished it after 35 hours, and he challenged me, I went straight to my place Itook my 3DS and went to my other classmates home (a neutral ground lol), I mustsay that it was one of the best Pokémon experiences I have ever had. Yes I didlose in our first match, but then I won 3 times straight :D I was so laughingright at his face (yes we were sitting close to each other so I was actuallydoing the dance moves whenever I beat him, I know you think I am crazy, hmmm maybeI am lol)

I don't know if it's okay to put this thread here, but for everyone whothinks there is nothing post-game, there may be isn't for you, I would like you to know that there is for me, there is the chance of communicating with differentPokémon fans from all over the world, all that would be much more fun if youhad someone who you actually see or is from your own town to spice things upand live in an imagination where you tell yourself, I have to beat him in orderto prove I am the best trainer from my town :D, believe me I know how much it hurts to be the only person who's playing Pokémon in your town, but you got to look for someone, there could be someone you just haven't met yet.

What do you guys think of battling online? And what would you prefer, someone you can see & actually meet, or a stranger from the internet to battle with?
    I personally prefer someone who I meet and see, it gave me the chance to interact with the person who I am challenging, it all made things more fun and of course it wouldn't be fun if I had won everything easily, I suffered a lot, and luck was with me big time. I remember my only Pokémon was left is venusaur and he has left with 2 pokemon, but I won because his Yvetel was frozen and his water kalos starter was weak against my grass venusaur :D. so it felt good knowing that you are definitely going to lose, but somehow you won. ^_^

I know the previous games had something like that, but there arepeople, like me, who never used it, maybe because I was just not interested init or for some other reason, but now it's all easy, just click and click andyou're playing with some person who's on the other side of the world. I guess that's why they put less things to doin post-game so that people will do things together, what you think!

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    I've always been too much of a chicken to battle online! I really want to get into it this gen though. I mean, I have faith in my playing- it's just a little daunting. :)

Reactions: Sun

Ashandarei

Siswai Aman
    Years
  • As someone who has been playing since Gen I like this, I have found that your pokemon experience only richens when you add other people into it. Gen VI is my favorite Generation simply because of all the ways you can interact with complete strangers and the sheer amount of end game content in it.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I've been competitively battling for a while now. I think it's been a couple years, but since I don't get wi-fi at my house, I'm forced to play on simulators instead.

At my high school, I started an unofficial pokemon club where we just battled, and for a while, I held the number one seed. All that changed when these people came along who did something weird. It was called "EV training". I was intrigued, looked it up, and realized just how helpful it could be. Of course, I lost to all of them, but I came back next year when they graduated and took back my spot.

I prefer battling face to face, but there isn't a person who lives near me anymore who EV trains. My proudest moment was when a really cocky freshman came along and boasted to everyone how he was the best at pokemon ever. He didn't even EV train and I swept him using my Darmanitan. We battled again and I swept him again, but with my Cloyster.

pokemonranger109

Jirachi Know-It-All From Birth
    Years
  • Well I don't have x or y much less b/w 2 but, I enjoy beating people with my team. I win 50 percent of my battles, until my ds broke , I'm suposed to be getting a DS Phat tommorow . (The brick-like one) I want to battle anyone who will ask me via PM or VM's, if you do ask, whether I win or loose I'll be happy.Oh I gotta scheduale when we battle though. Anyway I always loved the intense heat of battle!

Years
  • It should be fun. I'm looking for patterns in battling. I play the game to battle. The strategy of it is alarmingly fun and with it being online, it's even better. WIN/LOSE or DRAW. I plan to just be competitive.

0189 9355 1054 add me and let's battle. I'm still finishing the story, right now, but, I'll still battle.

Years
  • I've always been too much of a chicken to battle online! I really want to get into it this gen though. I mean, I have faith in my playing- it's just a little daunting. :)

but it's fun, you shouldn't be worried about it, just enjoy it, like Clemont says pokemon is not always about winning ;p (i think he says something like that lol). you can play with me, i am very much easy to defeat ;p just after battling me you will start calling yourself a tiger rather than a chicken :D

As someone who has been playing since Gen I like this, I have found that your pokemon experience only richens when you add other people into it. Gen VI is my favorite Generation simply because of all the ways you can interact with complete strangers and the sheer amount of end game content in it.

i have played all the generations (whenever i hear people saying generations i get lost lol) so i prefer saying all games ;D its easier for me to understand. and i really love x and y because it brought pokemon to a whole new level in everything, specially in interacting with like you said, strangers, its so easy and loads of fun.

I've been competitively battling for a while now. I think it's been a couple years, but since I don't get wi-fi at my house, I'm forced to play on simulators instead.

At my high school, I started an unofficial pokemon club where we just battled, and for a while, I held the number one seed. All that changed when these people came along who did something weird. It was called "EV training". I was intrigued, looked it up, and realized just how helpful it could be. Of course, I lost to all of them, but I came back next year when they graduated and took back my spot.

I prefer battling face to face, but there isn't a person who lives near me anymore who EV trains. My proudest moment was when a really cocky freshman came along and boasted to everyone how he was the best at pokemon ever. He didn't even EV train and I swept him using my Darmanitan. We battled again and I swept him again, but with my Cloyster.

wow, you must are extremely tough ;p and you are deeper into pokemon than i am, or more hardcore than i am, because i never really could understand the EV train stuff, and i know it takes a lot of breeding and small amount of chances, or that's IV. can't tell the different ;p

it would be nice if i was in your town (vise versa), i could've laughed at you after i beat you :D, kidding, i am sure it would be the other way around lol. things would be much more interesting if you had people with you who know pokemon and who actually play it, i have found a classmate, i beat him couple of days ago, i am giving him some time to train better and get back to me :D
    i gave him all the starters of kanto and kalos (except for water kalos, fire kalos, and charmander, he already had those).

Well I don't have x or y much less b/w 2 but, I enjoy beating people with my team. I win 50 percent of my battles, until my ds broke , I'm suposed to be getting a DS Phat tommorow . (The brick-like one) I want to battle anyone who will ask me via PM or VM's, if you do ask, whether I win or loose I'll be happy.Oh I gotta scheduale when we battle though. Anyway I always loved the intense heat of battle!

50% is still a good number, I must say it would be nice if we can have a battle, when you get your ds of course :).

It should be fun. I'm looking for patterns in battling. I play the game to battle. The strategy of it is alarmingly fun and with it being online, it's even better. WIN/LOSE or DRAW. I plan to just be competitive.

0189 9355 1054 add me and let's battle. I'm still finishing the story, right now, but, I'll still battle.

that is good, being strategic and learning about new pokemon is the key to winning and being competitive, the reason i lose a lot online is because i am too attached to kanto pokemon and fire, so i am trying to change, and use different pokemon in order to have an idea about their weaknesses and strength.

i will add you tonight on both my 3DSs, and i am still finishing the story on X so i would like to have a battle with you tonight (if possible, i know time difference could be an issue ;p), so i guess i will battle you when i will battle you ;)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    I had my first battle today. I was lucky though, I got off four pokemon with my Lucario, three of them were all weak to fighting so I aurora beamed their ass. I'm somewhat proud of some of the stuff I did, like switching to charizard after the guy used dig and using flamethrower for the kill. It was mostly luck though, I didnt know what any of the pokemon I was fighting was weak too and I mainly just fumbled in the dark and got lucky. My dream is to some day meet this Jeff character I battled and rub in his face how much I pwned him and what a n00b he is (jk). I'd like someone to talk to pokemon battles with. Does anyone here have steam or skype and want to discuss pokemon battleing?

Back