• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first RMT- Sand stream stall team. UU

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    Hello, while I've been playing Pokemon for a long time, I'm new to this RMT stuff. I have had a lot of success with this team in Shoddy battle. But I would really like to hear your opinions.

This is the team:

The Lead: Hippopotas@Focus Sash
    Impish Nature
    252 HP/252 defense/6 sp.def
    Protect
    Slack Off
    Toxic
    Stealth Rock

I use him to set up the sandstorm, and do my best to preserve him throughout the battle. He doesnt play much of a part during the battle besides the sandstorm, and the occasional stalling(yes sometimes it works). Sadly I dont always set up stealth rock with him because of Taunt leads.

The Sweeper: Torterra@Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    20 HP/252 atack/236 speed
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Superpower
    Wood Hammer

This is probably my only true sweeper in this team. I use this guy when I'm in need of quick damage, and he also is quite bulky so he can take quite an ammount of damage before going down (sometimes) therefore stalling for as long as he can. Earthquake as a stab, Stone edge for Ice types, fires, flyers. Superpower for wallbreaking, Wood Hammer for Bulky water types. This guy covers quite a few weaknesess, and he doesnt get OHKO'd that easily, so he usually KO's atleast one pokemon before going down.

The Physical Tank/Curser: Regirock@Chesto Berry
    Careful Nature
    252 HP/4 attack/252 sp.def
    Curse
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Rest

This guy works wonders in a sandstorm, it simply doesnt go down. There have been many occasions that I have actually sweeped entire teams with Regirock(twice in OU).
    This set doesnt really need an explanation.

The Sponge: Quagsire@Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    252 HP/160 Defense/96 Attack
    Toxic
    Protect
    Earthquake
    Ice Beam

This is my switch in, when im expecting a water attack. Quagsire is sometimes my switch in to Ice Attacks too since my entire team is weak to ice. Basically this is one of my main stallers, but he can also deal quite some damage with stab earthquake and mediocre damage with Ice beam on grass types, but I never switch him in on a grass types, so im not sure if Ice Beam should be there in the first place.

The Special Wall: Cradily@Leftovers
    Careful Nature
    252 HP/160 Defense/96 sp.def
    Earthquake
    Energy Ball
    Toxic
    Recover

This is my special wall, even though he is weak to ice, he never takes much damage from it due to sandstorm and his great defenses. Earthquake as a stab, Energy Ball as a backup plan against water types (when Torterra has fainted or cannot switch).Toxic and recover for stalling of course.

Utility: Claydol@Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    252 HP/144 defense/144 special attack
    Earth Power
    Rapid Spin
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball

This is my Rapid Spinner, to make sure I dont get outstalled myself. He also does quite some damage to those he is super effective against, otherwise he doesnt do much with that 204 special attack.

Anyway, this is my team, I know it is very weak to ice and grass but I dont have huge issues dealing with them. The teams I cannot beat are other weather teams, well Rain dance and Hail teams to be more precise, I come very close but I almost never beat them. Despite all this ive got a good streak of wins and im quite surprised how this team actually worked out. Im looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Hi my name is Low Kick Ambipom and I'm the new standard lead that pretty much ruins the majority of your team :/

You're not using any attacks on Hippopotas so Ambipom can use Taunt and pretty much screw up Hippopotas. Regirock is at least 2HKOed iirc by Low Kick even if it gets a Curse up. Cradily also hates Low kick. Torterra and Quagsire don't enjoy getting a Silk Scarf/ LO Return for food either as well. Also Taunt Rain Dance leads like Electrode beat you as well, which means that Rain Dance teams pretty much say hi I own you :/

I'll come back later if I spot anything else.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    You just retold me everything I wrote, except the low kick part. But thanks I wasnt aware that Ambipom was such a threat to my team. If you have a suggestion on how to fix this issue than id be glad to hear it.
    I was thinking of giving Hippopotas an attack move over slack off, since there is no way he would survive an attack without focus sash anyway(and while at it change his EV's to attack aswell).

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Any particular reason you arent using the one move that makes Quagsire even remotely viable now ? I.e Recover.

Also Ice Beam is such a poor excuse for a move on Quaggy, when Altaria sets up on it, you know it sucks LOL.

Use Recover/Ice Punch/Earthquake/Toxic.

I REALLY want to write a weather guide. ALL YOUR POKEMON DO NOT HAVE TO BE IMMUNE TO THE WEATHER TYPE YOU ARE TRYING TO BASE YOU TEAM AROUND OR YOU END UP WITH A METAGAME WEAK.

Phew now that is out of the way, the reason this is not a stall team because all of your pokemon are offensively retarded and have no way to make up for being easily walled and stalled I.e you lack the basics for stall namely entry hazards, spin blocker etc. I reccommend you look at my stall guide and then revamp this totally, it is just weak to too many things.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    Well to be honest, I didnt start this team as a stall team, but when I was finished I didnt know in what category it fell in, since it was closest to a stall team, I decided to call it so.
    Wow I didnt even know Quagsire learns recover -_- , thats messed up. Thanks a ton.
    I have read your stall guide before, and I just did it again, and it served to remind me that this team is not close to a stall either. This is just a defensive sand box team (which actually works well for me).

Thank you, I was right to make a thread, your posts have helped a lot.

Back