• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My First RMT

The Sceptile King

Just came back from a break!
Years
Here is my first RMT it is on the shoddy server for ou.

dpmfa481.png
mesprit
evs

2hp/254speed/254sp.atk
leftovers
timid

Calm Mind
Future Sight
Psychic
Stealth Rock

My lead.It sends out sr and deals a little damage but the most inportant part is that it sets up sr

dpmfa471.png
Glaceon

Lonely
Icicle Plate

evs

2hp/254atk/254speed

Bite
Curse
Double-Edge
Ice Beam

Alright Glaceon is pretty important to the team(for me)
Curse powers up the other moves while the speed ev's make up for curse's speed loss
Bite is for psychics dealing with them.
Double-Edge for some bam on most types
Ice Beam deals with the ever-so popular dragons
Glaceon is the Moderate Physical Sweepers

dpmfa392.png
Infernape
Lonely
Flame Plate

Ev's

2hp/254atk/254speed

Close Combat
Aerial Ace
Rock Slide
Swords Dance

Infernape puts a dent in those steel and normal types
with close combat
Aerial Ace for Ground Types
Rock Slide for Flying Types
Swords Dance to up the power of 'em

dpmfa385.png
Jarachi
Timid
Leftovers

ev's
254atk/2speed/254sp.atk

Ice Punch
Psychic
Stone Edge
Thunder Punch

My only mixed sweeper,a very important part of the team
it works well about halfway through the match
It ko's several poke's
Probrobaly 2nd most important poke

dpmfa142.png
Aerodactyl

Lonely
Leftovers

ev's

254atk/254speed/2sp.atk.

Flamethrower
Ancient Power
Thunder Fang
Toxic

Aerodactyl blasts throuugh walls like dynamite!
Toxic+Spamming a move(other than toxic) works!
He is a valuable member of the team

dpmfa217.png
Ursaring
Lonely
Leftovers

ev's

254atk/254speed/2hp

Close Combat
Slash
Stone Edge
Swords Dance

He is the main physical sweeper of the team
this set goes through most anything
he went through 5 pokes in a row!
he usually finishes things up

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
You only need 252 EVs per stat, 254 is a waste.

Jirachi can't learn Stone Edge. lol...

Give Ursaring Facade > Slash, and Flame Orb > Leftovers.

Mespirit wants T-Bolt and Grass Knot instead of CM and Future Sight.

Don't give Glaceon Speed EVs AND curse. Change them to HP EVs. Give it Avalance > Ice Beam since Ice Beam is special, Return > Double Edge too.

Infernape wants Flare Blitz or even Fire Punch instead of Aerial Ace, Close Combat will do plenty to opposing Fire Types.

Give Aerodactyl Earthquake > Flamethrower since it has a horrible Special Attack and Roost > Toxic I guess. I don't know how to use Aero outside of a lead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anti

return of the king
Years
No offence but, im guessing u have about 10 billion losses on your trainer card. your ideas suck and i think The Sceptile Team only needs to get rid of flamethrower for a rock/physical move. the EVs rock, but remember 252 not 254 lol. RETURN? .Gamer Return works well, if you have no life and keep on making him love you every time it faints.

dont believe me? i have 1000+ wins in my diamond

This is obviously not constructive criticism of any kind like it tells you to post in our lovely rules, and it's just generally rude and lacking in any kind of usefulness. Try to be more respectful when rating teams, thanks.

ACE9

is looking for a shiny miltank
Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2013
No offence but, im guessing u have about 10 billion losses on your trainer card. your ideas suck and i think The Sceptile Team only needs to get rid of flamethrower for a rock/physical move. the EVs rock, but remember 252 not 254 lol. RETURN? .Gamer Return works well, if you have no life and keep on making him love you every time it faints.

dont believe me? i have 1000+ wins in my diamond

Fainting in Wi-fi battles doesn't cause you to lose happiness.

And nobody cares about how many wins you have. I've only read like 5 of your posts and you've said that in every single one.

Anti

return of the king
Years
This message is because youre annoying me. Reason: Stop. Deleting. My. Posts.

Well that's an infraction for obvious reasons...and if they're not obvious enough they're in the PM that you got with the infraction. One more infraction and you're banned for two weeks =\. Let's show a little restraint.

aribradshaw2

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2010
ok ya lol, your evs are off a bit, its supposed to be 252, not 254. 254 is 31 1/2 stats, and 1/2 isnt possible, so that you might wanna switch that. also your team is pretty good, i think there should only be minor improvements. TY for reading!

Years
ok ya lol, your evs are off a bit, its supposed to be 252, not 254. 254 is 31 1/2 stats, and 1/2 isnt possible, so that you might wanna switch that. also your team is pretty good, i think there should only be minor improvements. TY for reading!

63.5, not 31.5.

I'm pretty sure you don't want Bite on Glaceon. Or any Pokemon for that matter :P

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
Years
after mesprit is down say hello to a sweep from heracross or anything with a moderately powerful close combat
jirachi wants iron head for flinch reasons
there is no real swampert counter
since its all physical sweepers a skarmory can wall you even with flamethrower on aerodactyl and psychic on jirachi

Last edited by a moderator:

Mac@ACK!

RIP Chompy... Hello Zekrom!
Years
I'm curious as to why you'd use Mesprite as a lead instead of Azelf? Azelf is faster than Mesprite anyway and much safer as a stealth rocker which is what you stated is his only real purpose. Glaceon has a base ATK of 80. Thats very low. Her Sp.ATK however, is 130. Thats very high. Invest Special Attack EVs in Glaceon as opposed to ATK because, its worthless to use a high power spec attack with no stats behind it to boost. Now of course, Icicle plate MAY make up for the lack of EVs, but items that boost only one type of attack are, for lack of a better word, worthless. Glaceon is gonna be cursing alot. It'll need something to keep it going while its getting pounded by Scizor or Infernape or god forbid, sandstorm. Leftovers can HELP to keep it alive, but won't guarantee it. But all in all, Glaceon falls by the wayside as a Physical Attacker. Its much larger cousin, (reaches into the Ice Age) MAMOSWINE, is an amazing physical attacker. He has one of the best EQ's in the game and has a very powerful priority ice move to take out the Dragons. He has the same ability as Glaceon, so if you were incorporating Hail into your strategy at any time, he would be 20% harder to hit as well.

Next up, Infernape. Same problem with the items. Flame Plate raises the power of Fire Moves. He has no fire moves... *bit of a fail there* Recommend putting a Life Orb on him. Incorporate Flare Blitz in there. Replace Aerial Ace, because flying moves aren't super effective against ground. (odd, I know)

Like .Gamer said, Aerodactyl has crap Sp. ATK so he won't need Flamethrower.

I also agree with .Gamer for the Facade/Flame Orb combo. However, Flame Orb cuts your ATK stat. Use a Toxic Orb instead. You'll loose more HP each turn, but you won't suffer any stat loss. Either that, or you can try to run a sleep talk set. Your choice. One thing I did, which worked with my Tauros, is try to improve its crap speed with a Salac Berry and a Substitute set. Once it Subs down enough, swords dancing all the while, the berry kicks in and it sweeps like a Garchomp.

So thats that, not bad team, but I prolly didn't cover EVERYTHING. Just the things that stuck out to me. Fix those things, and you're golden!

Back