• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My First Sprite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darck

Give meh a cookie ;3
    Years
    Ok well I just got into spriting this morning and I have done a few things.

My first re-coloring was a green Umbreon:
    My First Sprite

Second re-coloring was a red Nidoqueen:
    My First Sprite

Third re-coloring a purple NineTails:
    My First Sprite

Then I tried to make my own sprite (its pretty bad but pls rate):
    My First Sprite

(sprite name: Roagga)

Anyway these are my first 4 sprites ever please comment and I accept all forms of criticism ;3 thanks!

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    Those are decent but you need to work on the shading on the first two sprites. The colours for different shades are too similar so they look like one colour in some parts. Try contrasting the brightness/darkness of the colour you want the Pokemon to be. Secondly, backgrounds tend to not be a good idea as they can show any imperfection on the outlines.
    Now, your original sprite seems interesting but i cannot tell if it has a head or not. Anyway I give it 7/10.

Sassafras

Rick The Casbah!
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2007
    IF your just getting into spriting, dont try anything to hard, like scratches. Stick with revamps/mixes. Your recolours are very good, but a little over-shaded.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Your main downfall is colour, on the first two they're very, very bright and vibrant, try using slightly more muted colours.

As for your scratch, well, it's very good for a first attempt. Well, the main problem again is colour, you really need a higher contrast between the shades, on the topic of shading, that could also do with a tad of improvement. Try making each shade curve a little, with a tad of dithering to add a feel of texture to the sprite.

All in all you seem to have the right attitude and raw talent to become a good spriter, keep at it and I look forward to seeing more of your future works :D

Kroko_Boy

Sp®ite®
    Years
    Cool recolouring but you should work with the shadiong on the re-colours and the sprite but nice for a newcomer ;)

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
    Like the Nidoqueen its my fave of yours,it looks ok the others i dont much care for(Dont mean to seem harsh) I love umbreon but green just doesnt seem to look right on umbreon. the fakes background is to dark cant really see it so ill rate it a 6/10 probably and 8/10 with better bg color. Um thats a guess though i cant really see it other than that their not half bad.

DJB MASTER

Pokémon3D Team
    Years
    For a first-timer those sprites are pretty decent. Yeh i agree that you need to work on the shading a bit more.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back