• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first sprites.

^SuitUp^

Awesome Soon to be Spriter
Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2012
    Here are my first trainer sprites,(L-R) Barney Stinson, President Barrock Obama. A random girl sprite and Yoda (requested) anyways i think I made 3/4 of them too big, oh well.

Last edited:

TheAngryPidove

Don't Make A Pigeon Angry
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2011
    Not very good at all. The outlines are jaggy, and they shading is shoddy at best. Looks a lot like you took bodies of official sprites, recolored them, and added new heads.

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 29, 2011
    Not very good at all. The outlines are jaggy, and they shading is shoddy at best. Looks a lot like you took bodies of official sprites, recolored them, and added new heads.
    You've just contradicted yourself, "shading is shoddy at best", "Looks a lot like you took bodies of official sprites, recolored them, and added new heads." By that logic, you're saying official sprites have shoddy shading. You seem like you're just trying to make him feel bad.

Now even though these are fusion, these made me chuckle. I'd love to see some more.

^SuitUp^

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2012
    These are my first sprites go easy, and the girl body was my body with a official head Barney had only the legs and on arm from real sprites.

Now even though these are fusion, these made me chuckle. I'd love to see some more.
    Thanks, soon I'm going to make complete scratch ones I hope they'll come out better.

Last edited:

TheAngryPidove

Don't Make A Pigeon Angry
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2011
    Sorry, what I meant was was the shading on the heads were bad :\.

Anyway, I wasn't being harsh, I was being honest. I mean, I was just trying to help you improve without being mean and saying "you suck do more sprites I'm a troll TROLOLOLO", and constructive criticism is the best way to do that. Sorry if you took offense. Like conception said, I laughed a bit at them, but they aren't very good , IMO.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    You guys are giving the right criticism, in my opinion, but with all the bad things aside, this quartet of sprites is a riot. it made me laugh, too.

Alomar

Follow me on Twitter @Daubs
    Years
  • the shading isnt the greatest, so if you want to keep at spriting improve that firstmost. some parts seem a little blurry, perhaps the size but maybe just needs some re-tuning.

the yoda one really made me laugh though, i got a kick out of it!

^SuitUp^

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2012
    Anyway, I wasn't being harsh, I was being honest. I mean, I was just trying to help you improve without being mean and saying "you suck do more sprites I'm a troll TROLOLOLO", and constructive criticism is the best way to do that. Sorry if you took offense. Like conception said, I laughed a bit at them, but they aren't very good , IMO.
    Sorry for misunderstanding you thanks for clearing that up

Not really in the official style, and the heads (Especially Yoda's) look WAY too big.

Oh I guess I have to work on that.

You guys are giving the right criticism, in my opinion, but with all the bad things aside, this quartet of sprites is a riot. it made me laugh, too.
    Thanks

the shading isnt the greatest, so if you want to keep at spriting improve that firstmost. some parts seem a little blurry, perhaps the size but maybe just needs some re-tuning.

the yoda one really made me laugh though, i got a kick out of it!
    Glad you like them.

So looks like i gotta work on shading and head size. Thanks for the criticism.

Back