• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Friend Keeps Beating Me I Need My Own Thread

Years
    Attack Forme-Deoxys-100 Ability:Pressure
    Psycho Boost
    Poison Jab
    Shadow Ball
    Drain Punch

Garchomp-54 Ability:Sand Veil
    Strength
    Surf
    EarthQuake
    Draco Meteor

Swampert-42 Ability:Torrent
    Surf
    Bide
    Mud Bomb
    Muddy Water

My Favorite Pokemon-Dragonte-58 Ability:Inner Focus
    Ice Beam
    Fire Blast
    Fly
    Surf

Rayquaza-100 Ability:Air Lock
    Surf
    Extreme Speed
    Earthquake
    Waterfall

Genesect-71 Ability:Download
    Ice Beam
    Fly
    Techno Blast
    Zap Cannon

My Friend Keeps Beating Me I Need Some Assistance

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2014
    In my opinion, I don't like to use legendary pokemon. They may have High base stats, but i just dislike them. You should use a Slurpuff with the ablilty unburden. (This can only be found in the friend safari). Let it hold a sitrus berry, and use belly drum. Then sweep with Play Rough. PM me for a battle video code.

Edit: Avoid Double Posting, That's why there is a edit button, silly :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    In my opinion, I don't like to use legendary pokemon. They may have High base stats, but i just dislike them. You should use a Slurpuff with the ablilty unburden. (This can only be found in the friend safari). Let it hold a sitrus berry, and use belly drum. Then sweep with Play Rough. PM me for a battle video code.

Edit: Avoid Double Posting, That's why there is a edit button, silly :)

Belly Drum Slurpuff is better played in the lower tiers because of all the priority flying around in OU. Unburden also means that Slurpuff generally has only one shot to sweep the opponent, and once it switches out, the Unburden boost is lost. Azumarill is the better Belly Drummer because it has its own priority in Aqua Jet:
    -Belly Drum
    -Aqua Jet
    -Play Rough
    -Waterfall/Superpower
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 92 HP/252 Atk/164 Spe
    Item: Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Huge Power

Edit: not all legendary Pokemon are good. Examples are Articuno and the Regis. Regigigas is crippled by its ability, Articuno has a bad defensive typing + shallow move pool and the Regis are outclassed by other OU Pokemon like Ferrothorn.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2014
    Belly Drum Slurpuff is better played in the lower tiers because of all the priority flying around in OU. Unburden also means that Slurpuff generally has only one shot to sweep the opponent, and once it switches out, the Unburden boost is lost. Azumarill is the better Belly Drummer because it has its own priority in Aqua Jet:
    -Belly Drum
    -Aqua Jet
    -Play Rough
    -Waterfall/Superpower
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 92 HP/252 Atk/164 Spe
    Item: Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Huge Power

Edit: not all legendary Pokemon are good. Examples are Articuno and the Regis. Regigigas is crippled by its ability, Articuno has a bad defensive typing + shallow move pool and the Regis are outclassed by other OU Pokemon like Ferrothorn.
    I'm Pretty Sure Our Friend Here Wasn't Talking About OU... He just wants to utterly destroy his friend. BTW i use Unburden belly Drum Slurpuff, and it can take Both Sp. Atk and ATK without losing 2/16 of its HP. It's all how to use the nature and EV Spreads. I also kill every Belly Drumming Azumarril out there with Slurpuff.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'm Pretty Sure Our Friend Here Wasn't Talking About OU... He just wants to utterly destroy his friend. BTW i use Unburden belly Drum Slurpuff, and it can take Both Sp. Atk and ATK without losing 2/16 of its HP. It's all how to use the nature and EV Spreads. I also kill every Belly Drumming Azumarril out there with Slurpuff.

Trust me, Azumarill is more effective than Slurpuff because it has priority to back up its +6 Attack post-Belly Drum and compensate for its terrible Speed. Generally, Slurpuff runs plenty of Speed investment to make the most out of Unburden, which can somewhat hamper its defensive capabilities. If it runs too much bulk investment, it can't make the most out of Unburden.

Generally, the only thing to do with Azumarill after using Belly Drum is spamming Aqua Jet, only using its coverage moves when needed. Your opponents weren't smart in that case:

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 52 HP / 0 Def Slurpuff: 360-424 (113.2 - 133.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Im thinking of getting rid of garchomp and adding a charizard cause im getting a shiny charmander in a couple of days

Yeah so in general this isn't the way to team-build, with things like "I'm getting a shiny so I'll use that." I have a shiny Modest Beldum with terrible IVs that won't ever be seeing the light of day besides its destiny as a museum piece in my PC.

If you want to win, this is a good start.

Otherwise, you'll want to level all of your Pokemon up if it doesn't automatically do that in the game you're playing. At a quick glance, you're robbing your team of all kinds of potential by not putting STAB moves on Pokemon that really only need their STAB's neutral coverage (like Rayquaza's Outrage) and a few coverage moves. Don't use outclassed moves like Fly, redundant moves (both Muddy Water and Surf on Pert), etc.

Also, if you want to avoid EVing and stuff, just use better Pokemon. Swampert is nice and all, but Kyogre is going to pull a lot more weight. Numerous other things could as well, see: pretty much the entire Uber tier. So that should help at least.

Years
    I know but i dont have Kyogre see i like genesects potential so im using him with his good move pool and if i add the charizard it will bump one dragon out and i just really learned the difference between special defense and attack and regular defense and attack so im still kinda going through that stuff. and the shiny dragonite is hgher level and has better special defense

Back