• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My granpa's pokemon rant...

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    People, no duh his grandpa didn't say this. Because, really, you think the OP would rememeber that long rant? If you're discussing his "grandpa", you failed at getting the point of the thread. XD It was half a parody of all old people who talk about, "Back in the day", and half about the people who talk about RBY. It is also win.

Years
    OML, this is a joke! It's hilarious and all; I personally Rofl'd.
    I'm just wondering why people have to question the validity of the 'grampa's rant'
    It's evident it's not from the OP's grandfather. It's just a hilarious rant written in the style of an old man's ramblings.

Oh, and gullible's also written on the ceiling.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    Wow that was too funny, Imean I got a little confuse with a granpa playing Pokemon but who cares that's what made it funny.

That color comment made me laugh to death and the Mankey in a bonfire, that was genious

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    This deserves a Lol moment in PC memory forever. XD
    The new popular starter is CHICKCHAR or something. Hooey! Back in my day, if you wanted a flaming monkey, you threw a Mankey into a bonfire!
    This was my favorite one. XD

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    This is complete stupidity, your just telling a big lie.

Amaranthine

Steeled Veteran
    Years
    sorry, I didn't mean for you to take offence at my comment. It wasn't that smart or clever really, but still... Very amusing!

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    XD That is some epic lulz there, really funny and original! I had me a good belly laugh or three.

LOL @ the legendary thread post. Dunno 'bout stickying it, but this is awesome nonetheless.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    That was brilliant, and that sums up everything I've ever heard from every person who's ever wailed "THEY RUINED EVERYTHING FOREVER!!" whenever a new generation comes out.

I remember being amazed when I had Pokémon Yellow and the colors changed whenever you went from one town to another. All two of them.

Now you've got your cutsie Dee-Ess with its 3D image thigamabobs and its gradual sunrise and sunset... bah! If I wanted sunrise and sunset, I'd sit on the porch, not play a video game! Video games are for people who don't want real life. Internal-battery clocks are for people who can't make up their minds about whether they want to be playing video games or not.

It's because of indecisive sissies like that that somebody went and put multiple evolution lines into all the Pokémon, so they could have more things to be indecisive about. What, Vileplume wasn't enough for you? Somebody had to go and give it a sister in a hula skirt? Back in my day, people were awed that they could use different stones on Eevee! And now what's all this nonsense about that "God" Pokémon Acircus coming in fifty different forms? Hoo boy, that's a circus, all right. A regular three-ring circus.

Don't get me started on Dark and Steel. Weren't Ghost and Rock good enough for you hooligans?

(As a footnote, yes, I know how to spell Arceus. I feel like that needs to be pointed out, for the benefit of the people who are capable of coming up with the questionable calculation that someone whose grandfather played Pokémon in 1995 would be 3 years old today, and yet are incapable of realizing that the OP was writing a parody.)

Back