• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Grass deck

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2012
    Please rate from 1 to 5 stars and give me a critique.

Cards x60

Pokemon: x25
    Volbeat x1 - Great Encounters
    Grotle x2 - DP/ Majestic Dawn
    Turtwig x4 - POP Series 9/ Majestic Dawn (no Persim Berry/ Platinum/ Supereme Victors
    Torterra x1 - DP
    Kecleon x1 - Rising Rivals
    Weedle x4 - Rising Rivals
    Kakuna x2 - Rising Rivals
    Beedrill x1 - Rising Rivals
    Roserade x1 - Rising Rivals
    Tropius x1 - Rising Rivals
    Eevee x4 - Rising Rivals
    Leafeon x2 - Rising Rivals
    Regigigas x1 - Legends Awakened

Energy Cards: x24
    Grass x24

Trainers: x6
    Potion x2
    Energy Search x1
    Technical Machine TS-1 x1
    Expert Belt x1
    Pokemon Circulator x1

Supporters: x5
    Mom's Kindness x2
    Lucian's Assignment x1
    Bebe's Search x1
    Professor Oak's Visit x1

Years
    Two things that stick out to me right away: 24 Energy, and 13 Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums. Too many energy, not enough T/S/S. Another thing: Too many different Pokemon lines. And that's just what I can see by skimming over it.

Rating: 2/5.

I'll be back with suggested changes later.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2012
    Is this better? I took away a couple of Pokemon and some Energy cards. Then I added a lot more Trainers/ Supporters. OK, NOW rate from 1 to 5, and give me a critique. Also, I forgot to mention that I'm not really good at Pokemon cards. So you shouldn't really expect a lot from me. OK? :D

Cards x60

Pokemon: x23
    Grotle x2 - DP/ Majestic Dawn
    Turtwig x4 - POP Series 9/ Majestic Dawn (no Persim Berry)/ Platinum/ Supereme Victors
    Torterra x1 - DP
    Weedle x4 - Rising Rivals
    Kakuna x2 - Rising Rivals
    Beedrill x1 - Rising Rivals
    Roserade x1 - Rising Rivals
    Tropius x1 - Rising Rivals
    Eevee x4 - Rising Rivals
    Leafeon x2 - Rising Rivals
    Regigigas x1 - Legends Awakened

Energy Cards: x19
    Grass x19

Trainers/ Supporters x18
    Lucky Egg x1
    Energy Restore x1
    Pokedex x1
    Underground Expedition x2
    Potion x2
    Energy Search x2
    Technical Machine TS-1 x2
    Expert Belt x1
    Pokemon Circulator x1
    Mom's Kindness x2
    Lucian's Assignment x1
    Bebe's Search x1
    Professor Oak's Visit x1

Years
    Alright you'll have to forgive my advice if it seems a bit random, as it's 2:30am where I am right now and i really should be sleeping now, HOWEVER......

I'll make my review short and sweet right now, more detailed review to come later.

First off, neither of the LA Regigigas are any good at all. So I've really no idea why they're in this deck. Secondly, you don't have enough Beedril. From my experience, pyramid lines never work. Go the standard 4-2-4 with 3-4 Rare Candy's if you want Beedril to be your main attacker. I love Roserade. I'm assuming you're using Roserade GL? To tired to go look, but if you are, i'd run 3-4 of them as it can poison and do 10 dmg and prevent the opponent from retreating all for one energy. Early poison trap=amazingness, at least, in my opinion.

Bah, too tired, i'll do more later.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2012
    Alright you'll have to forgive my advice if it seems a bit random, as it's 2:30am where I am right now and i really should be sleeping now, HOWEVER......

I'll make my review short and sweet right now, more detailed review to come later.

First off, neither of the LA Regigigas are any good at all. So I've really no idea why they're in this deck. Secondly, you don't have enough Beedril. From my experience, pyramid lines never work. Go the standard 4-2-4 with 3-4 Rare Candy's if you want Beedril to be your main attacker. I love Roserade. I'm assuming you're using Roserade GL? To tired to go look, but if you are, i'd run 3-4 of them as it can poison and do 10 dmg and prevent the opponent from retreating all for one energy. Early poison trap=amazingness, at least, in my opinion.

Bah, too tired, i'll do more later.

Yes, I'm using Roserade GL.

Um, I don't have any more Beedrill. Also, I don't have a single Rare Candy. I only have about 170 cards! And to be honest, I don't know what a 4-2-4 is. Eheheheh... :nervous:

Raikou Trainer

Competitive Pokemon TCG player
    Years
    Um, I don't have any more Beedrill. Also, I don't have a single Rare Candy. I only have about 170 cards! And to be honest, I don't know what a 4-2-4 is. Eheheheh... :nervous:
    A 4-2-4 is 4 Basic, 2 Stage 1, and 4 Stage 2. Since Rare Candy lets you skip over the Stage 1 card, usually less Stage 1 cards are used in a deck. Since Rare Candy are easier to get than ever, try to trade for a few.

You may or may not have the cards that I'm about to suggest, but they should all be fairly easy to get a hold of. Since you're mainly using Grass types, the Cherrim from Stormfront and the Sunflora from HeartGold/SoulSilver would be good to use. Cherrim has a Poke-Body that adds 10 damage to a Grass or Fire type's attacks, and Sunflora has a Poke-Power that's the same as Beedrill's, and is only a Stage 1. I'd drop the Beedrill line and try to add some more Torterra, and get it's level X form if possible. As MagmaGrowth suggested, I'd add more Roserade GL, just because it's great for stalling early game.

Also, try to get more copies of Bebe's Search. Along those lines, try to get some Pokemon Collector and Pokemon Communication, as they will help you get your Pokemon out faster. Collector and Communication are both in the HGSS Trainer kit if you have trouble getting some (2 of each, I believe are in them), while Bebe's Search is a League promo, so it shouldn't be very hard to get.

Hope this helps!

Years
    Yes, definately add more Roserade. At the very least, it'll force your opponent to burn a switch/warp point early, possibly messing up their strategy.

In regards to the 4-2-4 business, most people who post lists organize their "lines" in this format. It's basically basic/stg 1/ stg2 if it's there
    So 4-2-4 in this case would be 4 Weedle, 2 Kakuna, and 4 Beedril. Rare Candy's expediate the process. If, however you don't have any, then your current line is fine for now.
    I forgot to mention the most important part: STRATEGY. Your deck is very difficult to list without a strategy. This should answer questions like "Who is your main attacker?" "What's this deck supposted to do(stall, donk, setup, etc), and finally, how you plan to get all this accomplished. It looks to me like you have 2 main attackers here: Torterra and Beedril. Without Rare Candy's this deck will just be far too slow and disorganized to work at all, competetive envirionment or not. 99% of deckbuilding is to have fun and if your deck sets up slow and can't ever win, lets be honest, it's no fun.
    You should remove either Torterra OR Beedril for now, at least until you can get your hands on some Rare Candy's, and pad the one you choose to keep in with more Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums to help it do it's job better.
    That's the key to any deck. You really want minimal Pokemon and maximum of items to make said pokemon set up quicker, hit harder, cause more dissruption, etc.
    Since Beedril is the easiest to work with here, I'm going to remove Torterra and add in some replacements.
    -1 Regigigas(why are you using this card again?)
    -4 Turtwig
    -2 Grotle
    -1 Torterra
    +3 Roserade GL(will most likely be great fun for the opponent :-) )
    +1 Tropius RR(another starter will further ensure you start out with who you want)
    -7 Energy...You have far too many energy, especially for a single-type deck. This gives you a whopping 10 spots to use on a few more usefull pokemon and trainers/supporters/stadiums that you have lying around and can use.

Again, this is very broad changes. I really don't know what items you have access to, so I'm just taking a stab in the dark. Maybe post some useful manz you have access to and i can further hone this deck to be all it can be: IN THE ARMY(well not really but be better than it is)

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2012
    Yes, definately add more Roserade. At the very least, it'll force your opponent to burn a switch/warp point early, possibly messing up their strategy.

In regards to the 4-2-4 business, most people who post lists organize their "lines" in this format. It's basically basic/stg 1/ stg2 if it's there
    So 4-2-4 in this case would be 4 Weedle, 2 Kakuna, and 4 Beedril. Rare Candy's expediate the process. If, however you don't have any, then your current line is fine for now.
    I forgot to mention the most important part: STRATEGY. Your deck is very difficult to list without a strategy. This should answer questions like "Who is your main attacker?" "What's this deck supposted to do(stall, donk, setup, etc), and finally, how you plan to get all this accomplished. It looks to me like you have 2 main attackers here: Torterra and Beedril. Without Rare Candy's this deck will just be far too slow and disorganized to work at all, competetive envirionment or not. 99% of deckbuilding is to have fun and if your deck sets up slow and can't ever win, lets be honest, it's no fun.
    You should remove either Torterra OR Beedril for now, at least until you can get your hands on some Rare Candy's, and pad the one you choose to keep in with more Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums to help it do it's job better.
    That's the key to any deck. You really want minimal Pokemon and maximum of items to make said pokemon set up quicker, hit harder, cause more dissruption, etc.
    Since Beedril is the easiest to work with here, I'm going to remove Torterra and add in some replacements.
    -1 Regigigas(why are you using this card again?)
    -4 Turtwig
    -2 Grotle
    -1 Torterra
    +3 Roserade GL(will most likely be great fun for the opponent :-) )
    +1 Tropius RR(another starter will further ensure you start out with who you want)
    -7 Energy...You have far too many energy, especially for a single-type deck. This gives you a whopping 10 spots to use on a few more usefull pokemon and trainers/supporters/stadiums that you have lying around and can use.

Again, this is very broad changes. I really don't know what items you have access to, so I'm just taking a stab in the dark. Maybe post some useful manz you have access to and i can further hone this deck to be all it can be: IN THE ARMY(well not really but be better than it is)

Don't have anymore Roserade or Tropius. I don't have any Rare Candies but I do have the Stadium card Broken Time-Space. Will it do?

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2012
    No, I don't have anymore copies of Broken Time-Space. That's the problem. I don't have many copies of some cards in my deck. That's because I don't buy Pokemon cards so often.

Years
    I don't know why I said Tropius RR helps you set up better. I meant Tropius HGSS. However, Tropius RR is great for stalling with Fly. Anyways, definately rock the Broken Time-Space, and look into getting rare candies. They can be found in packs of HGSS Unleashed, and aren't all that difficult to acquire.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2012
    Okay, I'll try to get some Rare Candies and HS Tropius. But, if I can't get some Rare Candies, I'll have to try Broken Time-Space.

Years
    You should rock BTS anyways. It'll help expediate the evolution process. Just understand that will help your opponent out immensly too and sometimes this makes it less desireable than RC's.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2012
    Yeah, I know, that's the bad thing about BTS. I guess Rare Candies are better, then.

Years
    Deciding which to run honestly depends on how new you are to the game. If you're good, you can slap down BTS, do your evolutions, then put another useless stadium(like Dawn) in that will help you and not your opponent. This way, your opponent has no chance to use that stadium. If you're just starting out my advice would be to run both, since it maximizes your chances of speeding up the evolution process.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2012
    I only started playing a year ago, but I'm not good, so then I'll put BTS and Rare Candies then.

Back